2011 Anticipations

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

2011 Anticipations

Postby Feud » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm

The last few years I'd found myself losing a lot of interest in television and movies, it seemed like most of the stuff being produced just wasn't my cup of tea. There'd be rare gems, such as The Unit, Jericho (though both of these had the potential to be a lot better than what they were), and a few others, but I didn't watch much tv aside from box sets due to a simple lack of interest in what was being made.

2010 gave me some hope, and now I'm finding myself unusually excited for 2011. I'm looking forward to:

Justified - Loved the first season, beautiful scenery, great gun play, and memorable characters.

The Walking Dead - The first season was way too short, but with the level of polish and willingness to get gritty that they've shown I'm excited to see where season 2 goes.

Falling Skies - I loved the movie Red Dawn. If you replace the Russians with Aliens, mix in a bit of a Terminator (the world shown in the future flashback/forwards), and attach Steven Spielberg. Definitely has my attention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39eegoYnH9s

Battle: Los Angeles - Independence Day meets Black Hawk Down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w

What are you guys looking forward to?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 pm

SpyParty (BETA)
Monaco
Skulls of the Shogun
Frozen Synapse

Anyone else knows some cool RTS releases?
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Haha wow, more alien invasion movies. Lame. I may watch Battle: Los Angeles only because it seems to focus more around the military and not just random civilians grabbing guns and scattering. Speaking of Red Dawn, I hope Homefront doesn't suck.

Jordy... wrote:SpyParty (BETA)
Monaco
Skulls of the Shogun
Frozen Synapse

Anyone else knows some cool RTS releases?

It sure won't be a Command & Conquer game.
Turn on, tune in, drop out.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm looking forward to the new series of Sherlock, and, with that the sixth-since-reboot series of Doctor Who, if only because anything by Steven Moffat or Martin Freeman (or, for that matter, Benedict Cumberbatch) is undoubtedly going to be, at the very least, good -- but probably excellent.

There's a few things I'm not looking forward to: Barney becoming the new face of Blue Peter goes against everything I thought was good about the show; Gnomeo and Juliet appears to be the film to see based on conversations at college (but I'm yet to be convinced).

Harry Potter finishes this year, and War Horse'll hopefully be a good watch, especially as it's based on Morpurgo (and stars Benedict Cumberbatch).

Flicking through Wikipedia's 2011 in film, a few things catch my eye: Final Destination 5 isn't something that'll draw me into the cinema, Footloose is getting a remake, and that bloody cat from Shrek is getting a spin-off.

I'm looking forward to continued Minecraft development; if I had a PS3 I'd be interested in the sequel to Little Big Planet; and I daresay I'm rather intrigued by the idea of The Sims: Medieval. I assume no-one has forgotten about Portal 2, that'll be out some time in, er, whenever. I'll be avoiding Modern Warfare 3.

In my mind, however, the best thing about 2011 is that there's only 569 days to go.

Edit: Have forum badges stopped working?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 pm

microchip08 wrote:Harry Potter finishes this year...

About damn time.

xander
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Kotaku have a very interesting article about upcoming SciFi/Fantasy movies this year. I'd say there are probably 20 things on that list I would see.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”