It's all in your head, Part 20

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Just watched the video and all I can say is Awesome (loved the guitar!).

What he said. :D
EricPug
level0

Sprint review

Postby EricPug » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:36 am

Hi Chris,

After each sprint do you find it necessary to review the results to ensure the sprint was on-target and complete?
MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:43 am

The music in the video sounded pretty good, it reminded me of Perfect Dark, especially the first half. You have some nice tech keeping track of all the sounds too.
TheSlider
level0

Postby TheSlider » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Awesome.
This project looks so cool. I can't believe you're making it happen. : D
Press starT
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:08 pm

The sprint work method sounds very usefull, if I ever end up in a large project it could be fun to try out. The music deveopment sounds really cool and very pro. Now go relax Chris, you've earned it.
- Morten
------------------
RedCell.dk
darthkiwi
level1
level1

Postby darthkiwi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Wow, the more I read about this project the more impressed I get. Everything seems to have been done cleverly, elegantly and thoughtfully, but quickly and efficiently enough that IV can just use a small team to get it done. You've got yourself a guaranteed customer when this game comes out.

Keep up the blog posts; one a month would be fantastic but I understand you're (very!) busy.

Enjoy your holiday!
Cthulhu fhtagn.
Harle
level1
level1

Postby Harle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I've been looking forward to the next blog, and you didn't disappoint!

The music sounds amazing. You say it's just a rough draft, but I almost want to say not to touch a thing, it sounds perfect as is. I particularly like that distant-sounding, echoing background instrument, either a low cello note or maybe a horn of some kind. It really adds a dimension, sort of an unsettling sound you might expect to hear in a horror game soundtrack. It acts as a brilliant foil to the plucky cello that's so classic in high-tension music. It adds a certain sense of dread, and loneliness, to an otherwise energetic track. A fitting way to feel when you're alone behind enemy lines, so to speak.

I'm particularly looking forward to your blog on climbing and acrobatics, I can't imagine how you're going to implement that into this game and it'll be really interesting to see. Being able to scale gutters and rappel down to windows would just be killer. Throw in some vent-crawling and you've pretty much got the entire high-tech crime genre covered as is.
GenericJoe
level0

Postby GenericJoe » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:36 am

Wow. I just had to register, just to say, wow. This is simply sounding and looking mind bogglingly brilliant.

I really want to send you guys some psychic energy, some positive vibes, anything to help you battle on with this. If I could buy this game NOW to help keep the development going, I would. Its a valid option guys, just do it if you need to - I paid my couple Euros to Eskil for his Love (was very early, was a messy experiance tbh) but I'd pay a full game price now to you without even playing anything until its done. All just based on the things Ive seen in this blog.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 pm

I love this threaded approach to working!
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
ChemicalRascal
level1
level1

Postby ChemicalRascal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Greeba wrote:I love this threaded approach to working!

Indeed, and with multiple people, this could be considered multithreading.
SL33TBL1ND
level0

Postby SL33TBL1ND » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:01 am

This is looking better and better. Keep up the good work, Chris. Oh, and one quick suggestion, the ability to name our teams would be cool.
WOO! PYTHON!
A small mind is easy to fill.
There is no truth, only words.
Upward climbs to success are fine, but downward spirals to destruction are way more fun.
Striker121
level0

Postby Striker121 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 am

Well, I finally registered an account on the forums (Long time lurker and fan, but Subversion just looks so freaking awesome.)
So far its looking awesome, in this blog post specifically the servers and the music which were both awesome. I'm officially calling it now though, that the tech needs to be ported to an FPS type engine and you'd instantly have the new Unreal Engine (As far as being used for everything.) I mean it allows the generation of entire cities down to the desks, server rooms, security,wiring, etc. All you would need is a perspective change and higher res/less schematicy looking textures. From what I've seen, if this game sells for $100 I'll still buy it instantly. (Not that I'm suggesting you do that of course :lol: )
wang
level0

Postby wang » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:52 am

{spam}
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 am

Reported.

xander
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am

Wow, just listening to the music gave me serious chills and flashbacks to late night Uplink hacks. That completely sold me on the game.
The enemy's gate is down.

Return to “Introversion Blog”