My beautiful mouse

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 am

Well, *I* won't have my mouse fail randomly in a heated match because the batteries died :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 am

Mouse goes on drawer on desk, wire trails around back and into laptop. The length of wire needed to do this is sufficiently less than the actual length of the wire.

How's that for a special trick?
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 am

Its really a simple solution, make wire come from back of desk with sufficient slack. This solution is so obvious and effective that until *reliable* wireless came out nobody complained.

*not that I have ever seen a reliable wireless anything. Or is that because my house is an extremely effective Faraday cage?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm gonna suggest the Razer DeathAdder as well.

(on a side note: Gaming peripheral makers: We are not all 13 and impressed by names such as 'DeathAdder' - if anything, it's embarassing)

But it's wired - which makes sense, as I haven't seen any wireless mice with the refresh rate of wired mice.

I like it simply because it's comfortable, and the stupid DPI means I have to move my it very little, which I love - keeps wrist issues at bay.

The mouse here in the office needs a 4 inches of movement to get from one end of the screen to the other. The DeathAdder does the same in less than an inch
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
WaffleMaster
level1
level1

Postby WaffleMaster » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:29 am

GreenRock wrote:
martin wrote:However, my girlfriend came over, and spent 10 seconds fiddling with it, it's now fixed.

As a computer scientist, I'm ashamed I can't fix a mouse :oops:

Computer scientists have girlfriends!?!?

EDIT: Seriously, what do you do as a CS? I'm real interested in game programming, but my (teacher!!) told me the pay is horrible, as well as the hours. Any comments?

A good programmer can make excellent money writing games. The hours shouldn't be that bad, because a lot of the work doesn't require going to an office and can be done from your home computer.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”