Sorry for asking....

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

I want to know in what direction Subversion development is going

Sorry for asking... but yes I want to!
100%
Sorry I'm not an IV fan...
No votes

Total votes: 4
Jordy...
level5
level5

Sorry for asking....

Postby Jordy... » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:06 pm

but you remember us?
Your fans? Your loyal supporters?!
The crazy fanatics that buy all your games?
It us us, calling out for a new blog.
How much sodding time will it take huh? 1 damn blog about what subversion will be like?! Sorry for asking... I'm just curious.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 am

I'm in great pain saying this, but I agree with Jordy. In the face of keeping fans interested, the amount of time it would take to write a single blog entry is nothing. Or even an excuse as to *why* they aren't writing any new entries!
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:28 am

I don't know about Subversion, as I was under the impression that it was on hold while Darwinia+ takes priority, but a blog post is definitely OH CRAP I FORGOT THIS ICE-CREAM HERE AWW
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:53 am

I thought they had a summer intern working on subversion? Get him to write a blog!
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 am

I'm reminded of this from just over a month ago.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 am

When are they gonna realize that the *winia titles are all boring piles of steaming poo? Follow up on you winning ideas. (Uplink & Defcon, smart guy.) Why the fuck did you pour your resources into the least popular title.... and least original idea...
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:21 am

Because Darwinia was the most critically acclaimed.
Because IV erroneously thought making Darwinia multiplayer would be a simple task.
Because that's the whole point of Multiwinia even existing.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Because Darwinia was the most critically acclaimed.
Because IV erroneously thought making Darwinia multiplayer would be a simple task.

3 strikes, you're out.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:33 am

Defcon came after Darwinia... Multiwinia has been a flop.

On September 29, 2006, Introversion Software launched its third game DEFCON. Shortly after its release, Introversion had measured their bandwidth in terabytes for the first time.

On 15 September 2006, the day DEFCON pre-orders were made available, Introversion spent their last £1500. Fortuitously the game "did much much better than [they] ever imagined" and funds for at least the forthcoming twelve months quickly rolled in to replace it. Now financially secure, the company place their eventual success largely at Valve's feet: "Steam has made Introversion a commercial success", Tom Arundel is quoted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introversion_Software

Not to mention, Defcon got them nominated for a few awards; and the fucking president of Nintendo was talking about how amazing and exciting DEFCON was...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 am

Why? wrote:Defcon came after Darwinia... Multiwinia has been a flop.

First of all, Darwinia+ was announced well before Multiwinia was released. Saying it's silly to put money into a less successful game when development was started before that game even hit the market is silly.

Second, they decided to make Darwinia+ for XBLA because that's the game Microsoft wanted. Link

Microsoft didn't approach them about Defcon (that we know of), they came to them about Darwinia and Multiwinia. And when the paperwork is signed they have an obligation to meet, even if it takes longer than they thought it would. They signed to a publisher and for better or for worse they have to deliver the product that they agreed to, not a different one that you like more.

I can understand being frustrated about the delays, about the silence, about many of the repeatedly poor business decisions IV continually makes. But you're complaining out of ignorance or idiocy, and rather then helping the situation you're just making yourself look silly.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:55 am

Feud wrote:I can understand being frustrated about the delays, about the silence, about many of the repeatedly poor business decisions IV continually makes. But you're complaining out of ignorance or idiocy, and rather then helping the situation you're just making yourself look silly.

QFT
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Why? wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Because Darwinia was the most critically acclaimed.

3 strikes, you're out.
Kindly disprove.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”