YAY!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Icepick
level5
level5
Posts: 7528
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:29 pm
Location: Bradford, England

Postby Icepick » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Not trying to derail this thread, but Jordy, if you don't stop being such an abusive twat, I'm going to ban you.
Congratulations, Feud.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:01 pm

pfffffffff. I sent you a message, why didn't you answer? You're being selective here.

But let me make my point in nicer words.

Feud, I'm happy for you, because I do not like you and I am sure that the job you're going to do is not good for your health or mental condition. You're faith will tremble and I think you will end up as an old grumpy man with a black view on this world.
Or, if you do try to stick to your own believes, wich I don't think you're strong enough for, you will be the point of harrasments from the whole police corps, wich will get you frustrated eventually.

Furthermore, let me add to this that I do not believe that a real christian (I believe that's what you are) can be a police cop, because the police work in america doesn't bring much good with it, altho american chritstians are a kind apart.
Let me explain tho, you do not help people by being a police, how can I say this? Well first, the people you will arrest will not be happy and will not be helped by you arresting them, they go to prison and they get even more fucked up when they're out of prison, until they are sentenced to live, wich is the worse part, because it's a live long torturement.
But you say, I protect people. Yes, but that doesn't help them either, because you only help them to shut there eyes for the shit they have created and the shit they help maintain.
When these people open there eyes they will see that a lot has to change, but when they do not get confrontat with the mess they will think everything is allright, no!

Let me give a example, you got people robbing on the streets and shooting innocent citizens, what do you do? You arrest them m*<icepick(censor)>, but does this really make a better world?
If you let them go and do nothing, people will start to think, what makes them this way, how come they do this? And thy will try to improve on the situation of these people ideally,
or, ofcourse, they take the right into there own hand and shoot them thereself, but either way, THEY make the decision they choose what to do, and that's what god want right? Make the right decision, but you do not let this happen by taking the problems off the streets, and letting people maintain there ordinary live where they do not really come closer to god or whatever.

So, what I am saying, I think you made the wrong choice, but I'm hapy for you like everybody else, because I don't like you.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Re: YAY!

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:11 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:
Feud wrote:mental conditioning
Sounds scary... congratz and good luck there!


http://www.hulu.com/the-academy

Check out the first episode for a bit of what I mean.

Basically, the job is one that is high stress already which can get drastically worse very quickly. Part of the training is to create a high stress environment for the cadets, through yelling, intimidation, etc (like an army boot camp). The goal is that those unable or unwilling to adapt will be weeded out, while those who remain will grow accustomed to living and functioning in a high stress environment where their actions are routinely criticized and scrutinized, preparing them for being an actual officer.

In addition, they want to train certain things into the cadets to the point that it becomes habit. Being observant, being cautious, even things as simple as taking your stuff without or opening a door a certain way. All of it becomes part of the conditioning so that when you're in the field and your life and the lives of others are at stake you don't have to think about doing certain things, those things have become natural.

As for Jordy...

I disagree with virtually everything you said both from a philosophical stand point and from having more than two decades of close interaction with police officers.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Like you becoming a natural robot... how can you not understand that high stress enviroment is bad for your health? They done reseach that proves it. Anyways, happy for you...
Rkiver
level5
level5
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:16 pm

And I missed this topic somehow?!

Congratulations Feud, I wish you the best of luck in your career as a police officer. I sincerely hope you never have to draw your weapon on another person, but I am nothing if not a realist and we both know you likely will. I just hope in that case you hit them before they hit you.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Why does a police officer always have to be better then someone else? I'll be damned if some persons didn't had a good reason to shoot a police officer.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Rkiver wrote:Congratulations Feud, I wish you the best of luck in your career as a police officer. I sincerely hope you never have to draw your weapon on another person, but I am nothing if not a realist and we both know you likely will. I just hope in that case you hit them before they hit you.


The reality is that while I most likely will have to draw my weapon, let's just hope that's all I have to do. But, if I do have to fire it, there are a couple things to keep in mind.

FBI studies on officer fatality shootings have shown that in almost every case there are common trends. Almost always the officer rarely practiced with their weapon, had an opportunity to rightly shoot but for whatever reason did not take it, and several other things. They also show that in justified situations where the officer survived that often the officers aren't clear on many specific details of things, such as distances, shot counts, etc, because they were trained to such a degree that they largely acted upon instinct once the situation began.

I had an uncle who was forced to fire in the line of duty, he told me that when the suspect pointed a shotgun at him that in his mind he was saying to himself "I think I need to shoot him." He noticed the suspect being shot and thought "oh good, my partner is shooting him, I won't have to." He then looked down and saw his gun cycling and realized "I guess I'm shooting him."

The point he was trying to make was that over the near twenty years he'd been a cop he had trained and practiced to such an extent that when the time came that he needed to shoot that he reacted in the way he needed to in order to survive. It helped him a lot afterward with the troubles that can come from such things, knowing that his decision had been made years before and that when the suspect decided to threaten him as he did that the training had taken over. I hope that if I am ever in a similar situation that such will be the case.
Last edited by Feud on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 pm

So now you're ignoring my points heh? I guess you like me better as an abusive twat then, if I were you I would think again, but lucky me I ain't you.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:30 pm

I responded to your post.

I said I disagreed.

Feud wrote:As for Jordy...

I disagree with virtually everything you said both from a philosophical stand point and from having more than two decades of close interaction with police officers.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Why then you are disagreeing?
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Because my opinion is opposite of every point you made.

You've never shown yourself capable of any form of substantive discussion or debate, and your posts haven't suggested you are looking for one now. So, I'd rather just leave it at that.
Rkiver
level5
level5
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Remember Feud, don't feed the trolls. ;)

Well you do practice with your guns (in fact you're a gun nut to me) so I'm sure if it comes to that you'll do what you have to do to protect the civilians, your partner and yourself. So once again, best of luck with it all.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Rkiver wrote:Well you do practice with your guns (in fact you're a gun nut to me) so I'm sure if it comes to that you'll do what you have to do to protect the civilians, your partner and yourself. So once again, best of luck with it all.


Thanks!

Though, as a point of note, at this point it's only "gun" as I've had to sell the rest to try and get by (and might need to sell this last one since it'll be a month before pay starts to come in). But, I'll be making good money and so hopefully I'll be able to save enough to get a few toys in time.
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Good Luck in your Police Career, maybe the academy will be like the Police Academy movie, wouldnt that be fun :D

Anyways Good Luck
-Vic
User avatar
MaximusBrood
level4
level4
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 am

Postby MaximusBrood » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Congrats Feud, lots of luck in your upcoming police career :D

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests