The Sepulveda Nation - Nation States

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Double post, just because this warrants it's own post:

The United States of Maxia Zeta is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads

:D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 pm

So your nation discovered faster than light travel already? :p
osdeath
level1
level1

Postby osdeath » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:21 pm

The people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, Manzing is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, untold millions of Blood of their enemiess are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, and convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Manzing's national animal is the bigger daemon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Blood of their enemies.

oh, and in a few hours we're going to start exterminating hobos. :P

("As far as I can see, homeless people are already a nuisance," says Zeke du Pont, a proud citizen. "They're mostly thieves and drug addicts, they make the streets a dangerous place for our children, they make honest people feel guilty for turfing them off their doorsteps and, frankly, they smell bad. They're vermin, plain and simple, and as such I suggest they be destroyed before the infestation gets even more out of hand.")
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Heh:

"The fact is, the six legged cow population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson George W. Dredd. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have six legged cow kebabs, six legged cow pies, six legged cow-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 am

If only it was sheep, or pigs...

(I have absolutely no ideas what the hell this thread is about, I tried to follow it but I have long since gave up.)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 am

I'm pretty sure it's about the random pieces of randomly generated information that's given to them in that random site. ;)
Last edited by NeatNit on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 am

Sounds Mornington Crescent-ish, but even MC had rules or a general gist of how to play. I can't get my head around the main page.
Last edited by elexis on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:48 am

The Queendom of Pseudonymsia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its complete lack of public education.

Also:

The government covers the basic health care of its citizens, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', and convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force.

I sense an imminent collapse of my blood banks.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:22 pm

The United States of Maxia Zeta is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. [woohoo!] Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 410 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct. ... and the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.

Plus, I've reduced the 40% tax rate to 29% and holding. Now, if I can only get another issue to reduce taxes...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:34 pm

1 billion people!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 am

elexis wrote:Sounds Mornington Crescent-ish, but even MC had rules or a general gist of how to play. I can't get my head around the main page.

It's just a web game, the game asks you some questions, you select one of the options, your nation changes accordingly.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:58 pm

The nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, main battle tanks stalk the woods of Boezjoemboela in search of drunken monkeys
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Bumping this because I got an easter egg (too bad it isn't the zombie one)

Easter Egg: Suburbs Are Out Of This World
The Issue

High crime rates have made the inner cities of Boezjoemboela's largest conurbations increasingly dangerous and undesirable places to live. The mass exodus of the middle class from city centers has escalated to the extent that the suburbs and exurbs of major cities are beginning to collide, leaving no land for expansion. In response, a group of well-to-do soccer moms are petitioning the government for funds to establish white-collar living space... on the Moon.
The Debate

1. "Crime is perpetually increasing," says Chastity Elizabeth Prescott as she adjusts the sweater tied like a cape over her shoulders. "Just yesterday my little John Alexander Stuart's after-school Bigtopianese tutor was attacked by a gang of hoodlums! Our children deserve safe housing and exactly manicured lawns no greater than two inches in grass blade height! With a sufficient colonization effort, we can commute from communities on the Moon to the industries in our big cities. You must support this--think of the children!"

2. "Rockets?!" shrieks noted bleeding heart Sunflower Earthchild Starbeam, pulling her knit cap more closely over her ears. "Think of the pollution, and the danger! What if there's an accident? This cockamamie scheme must clearly be banned! And you thought cars were bad- wait! Cars ARE bad!"

3. "Everyone knows urban blight is caused by the flight of capital to the suburbs and exurbs," notes the prominent left-wing economist Engelbert Pinquo. "Running away to the Moon will solve nothing. Capital, and those who have it, must be brought back to the inner city... by force if need be."

4. "Stone the crows! We're trapped between hippies, communists and soccer moms," grumbles Vice Admiral Dave Nagasawa. "We need breathing room, and everyone knows there ain't no air on the Moon! So let's get it the old-fashioned way - by invading our neighbors! The Sepulveda Nation will fall to the might of Boezjoemboela!"

I'm going to go with option 1 and build suburbs on the moon.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:40 am

Necro Bump was needed :)

Any1 still do this? I am going to have some more free time to do things, and might get back into this.
-Vic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”