Multiwinia......

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

Multiwinia 2 should come!

of course
No votes
that would be brilliant
14%
yes
No votes
suite yourself
86%

Total votes: 7
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:42 am

Wasgood wrote:Sorry, is Multiwinia out on Xbox yet?
GRRRRRRRRR.
No. As can be readily seen by the lack on big announcements, a D+ subforum, and the fact that the D+ website doesn't say 'get it NOW' anywhere.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 am

Jordy, learn to use the edit key. No need to post multiple times.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Jordy... wrote:no is not an option ;)

And so I null-voted. 'Cause "NO" is the ultimate answer. It's far more logical than giving a yes to someone who refuses to accept that they may not get their way. Look in the old Darwinia threads, Icepick said that there was a bunch of new stuff like teams and such, but it never happened. This is due to mainly to time restraints, problems with staff/money, and how well everyone can cooperate.

Darwinia+ is not out yet, Wasgood.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Look tey change a little amount of stuff, they give it another name and they release it again with a proper announcements. Who's gonna know?!! Only us here, and we don't give a fuck right?
So yeah, it would be kind of a scam, but it wouldn't be bad as a scam as that nobody is frakin playing this game. So I say t would be justified, sometimes you have to be creative to earn money one way or the other.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Jordy... wrote:Look tey change a little amount of stuff, they give it another name and they release it again with a proper announcements. Who's gonna know?!! Only us here, and we don't give a fuck right?
So yeah, it would be kind of a scam, but it wouldn't be bad as a scam as that nobody is frakin playing this game. So I say t would be justified, sometimes you have to be creative to earn money one way or the other.

And I don't feel like seeing Introversion staff members getting the shaft because of stupid ideas. That's why their still alive. They've got the good ideas, they just have to work a little bit more at the execution.

What the hell makes you think scamming is a good idea? People nearly always get caught scamming 'cause they don't know how to do it right. So why should they do it? They shouldn't, and they know not to, so they won't. Everybody gives a fuck about what's legit and whats a repeat or ripoff. That's like taking artwork, tracing over it, recoloring it and calling it yours, only in this perspective it'd be basically releasing a patchfix and making people pay for it. As the chinese zoo keeper said to the last panda male left on earth with a female panda bear, "FUCK that!"
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Jordy... wrote:Who's gonna know?!! Only us here, and we don't give a fuck right?

Quite the contrary, we're the ones who actually give a fuck. Which is why we don't want to see that happening.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:12 pm

I wouldn't mind, they need money, I am 80% sure that they gonna release some short game before the release of Subversion, maybe that game will be Multiwinia 2. Eiher that or they'll have to live of bread and water and release Subversion too soon so that it doesn't hit the public right, again.

Right? That's a realistic prediction right? Yeah I know I don't know the exact financial stuff of course, but that why the other 20% is for an too early release of Subversion, wich is almost certain because Chris said it was too big too finish in once.
So then what's wrong with making a potential brilliant game, brilliant? It would be like cutting a raw diamond, very diffrent people are attracted to a raw and a cut diamond, usually just a few people will like a raw version and many the cut version. Just like in Multiwinia.

Please respond serious to this, without bullshitting.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:46 pm

No bullshit response:

Taking the time to make a brilliant game means usually game companies have the man power and have a lot of experience as a game company, let alone a company in itself. Running a company costs money. Time costs money. Time IS money. You can only truly expect corps such as Valve to come out with some of the best games ever generated from several hundred computers... If you would look at say... Zero Punctuation, you will see he has only praised a few games so far:
-Portal
-Silent Hill 2
-Painkiller
And a few others.

These games were made by people who had the ability, time, and money to do so. Motivation is usually one to come from sales rates, and how hard-core they can be with people such as Microsoft. Introversion wouldn't be here if they didn't know what their doing. So they had to cut the multiplayer from Darwinia... Okay. Doesn't make it bad, it just means it lacked it's partner, that's it. It got them loads, and it was an evolutionary product/master piece by a scant few developers in England, as the "last of the bedroom programmers". I myself have turned into a bedroom programmer, and I program when I have fun, and motivation.

If you lack one, your workflow may not be as good. Seeing the money crises undoubtedly caused a few staff members to break down, black hole, and nearly cave into quitting to find a better job. Their starting to slip into the pre-Darwinia hole according to their blog, but if they can make it in time, and if it's well designed, they should get as much, if not more, cash to support them just like the original Darwinia did.

The only true way to get good grips on having an outstanding company with great games is to start off with a bang so you can get better impressions. Otherwise, people will think "Eck, their the same company that developed this so-and-so crap" and it can turn nasty... unless someone actually steps into the spotlight and says "Hey, this is actually pretty good. Let's not be prejudice and show off the good sides of it all!"

Everyone has had their best days. John Romero for instance wouldn't be legendary with Zdoom if Doom didn't exist, nor would the many first person shooter games that exist. A simple 10-50 MB game evolutioned from Wolfenstein called Doom and Doom II has most undoubtedly made ID software extensively rich, even if Doom 3 lacks the finesse that Romero put into Doom to make it worth a damn.

That's what I think.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”