Phelanpt's Tale of Wolves and Gents: Game Over

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Phelanpt's Tale of Wolves and Gents: Game Over

Postby Phelanpt » Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Discussion

Rules:

For new players who have no idea what a TWG is, here and here are the usual rules.

[1] Days will be 48 hours, nights will be 24 hours.

[2] The game will start with Day 1, during which the players discuss and vote. At the end of the Day, the player with most votes will be lynched. This will be followed by Night 1, during which players with night actions send me a PM with the player chosen for their night action. From then on, Day phase and Night phase will alternate until one of the victory conditions is met.

[3] Do not post in this thread during nights.

[4] Votes must be in bold. I'd appreciate it if you could also use the format "Vote: Phelanpt".
If you put up another vote, you must retract the previous vote. To do so, in the post you are voting, write Retract or Unvote in bold somewhere in the post. If you don't retract it, I won't count your new vote.

[5] Voting "No Lynch" will be accepted. If at the end of the day the majority votes no lynch, no one will be lynched at the end of the day.

[6] If there are no votes at the end of a day, there will be no lynch. If the players with night actions (Wolves, Roleblocker, Seer, GA) don't send me the night actions in time, they will do nothing during the night.

[7] Wolves can also vote "No Kill" during the night. If at the end of the night the majority voted "No Kill", then no one will die during the night.

[8] If you do not post or vote during a day phase, you will have a half vote added to you during the next day. If you do not post or vote a second day, you will have one vote added. If you keep doing it, every day will add a vote. The added votes will disappear as soon as you post or vote.

[9] Draws will be resolved randomly between the tied choices.

[10] When someone dies, you all search his body and find out what he was. In other words, you get to know the player's role.

[11] You are allowed one post after your death, which must contain absolutely no game related opinion or information.

[12] There are no hidden rules.

If there is something wrong or unclear about these rules, send me a PM about it.
If any rules clarifications are needed, I will edit this post, and make a post pointing to it.

Role distribution:

The role setup will be chosen at random from one of the following:
* X Werewolves, 1 Werewolf Roleblocker, 1 Traitor, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian Angel, Y Villagers
* X Werewolves, 1 Werewolf Roleblocker, 1 Traitor, Y+2 Villagers
* X+1 Werewolves, 1 Traitor, 1 Seer, Y+1 Villagers
* X+1 Werewolves, 1 Traitor, 1 Guardian Angel, Y+1 Villagers

I will not say which one was chosen.

The X and Y will be adjusted according to the number of players we get, and balance issues.
I'll try to balance it as best I can.
With 10 players, X was set at 1 and Y was set at 5.

The roles will then be distributed randomly among the players.

The traitor is a villager that wins with the wolves. The seer sees him as good. He doesn't know who the werewolves are, nor do they know who he is.
The werewolf roleblocker is like a normal werewolf, except he can block one player's action during the night.

Win Conditions:
The werewolves and traitor win when all good players are dead, or nothing can stop that. If the werewolves and traitor are equal in number to the villagers, they reveal their true colors and overpower the rest.

The good players win when all werewolves are dead. If the traitor is still alive, the good players lock him up.

PMs:

You are the Werewolf Roleblocker.

You've crossed miles and miles of forest in order to get to this village, and you're starving!
An arcane ritual to get rid of you went wrong and instead gave you the power to terrorize one of your enemies' minds during the night. They are unable do anything else but tremble and weep.

Your partners are X (Werewolf), and Y (Werewolf). Each Night, you and your partners determine who you wish to kill, as well as who you will roleblock. If your partners die, you may still roleblock and kill on the same night.

You win when all good players are dead, or nothing can prevent this.

You are a Werewolf.

You've crossed miles and miles of forest in order to get to this village, and you're starving!

Your partners are X (Werewolf Roleblocker) and Y (Werewolf). Each Night, you and your partners determine who you wish to kill.

OR
You are a Werewolf.

Your partners are X (Werewolf) and Y (Werewolf). Each Night, you and your partners determine who you wish to kill.

You are a Traitor.

You've always dreamed of being a Werewolf, and this is your chance. If you help them have their way with the village, you're sure they'll take you in!
If only you knew who they are...

Each Night, you sleep.

You are the Guardian Angel.

Your god gave you power to protect the good people of this village. Every night your prayers can keep the werewolves away from one of the villagers. As for your own protection, you trust that your god will keep you safe. He would not let you die, right?

Each Night, you may choose one player to protect and send me their name. That player will be protected from nightkills that Night. Additionally, you may not target yourself.

You win when all Werewolves are dead.

You are the Seer.

The gods have granted you arcane powers of divination. You can focus on a person during the night, and sense their intentions.

Each Night, you may choose one player to use your powers on and send me their name. I will tell you if they are good or evil.

You are a Villager.

You loved the peace and quiet of this village...Why did the werewolves have to come here? You'll have to get rid of them the only way you can: Lynch them!

Each Night, you sleep.

Clarifications:
-The Seer will only get "wolf" or "not wolf" results. If there's a check on another special(Roleblocker or GA), the result will only include alignment. It won't include whether the person has a special power or not.

-Night actions will be processed at the end of the night, or as close as I can. The order will be this: The Roleblocker blocks, the GA protects, the Werewolves kill, and the Seer senses. This means that the GA will only protect if not blocked, the Wolves will only kill if the target isn't protected, and that the Seer will only get results if alive and not blocked.
This order is the same for all the possible setups, just remove the roles that aren't in them.

-Retract/Unvote: If you vote on post X, and on post X+4 you decide you want to change your vote to someone else, you need to put an unvote/retract on post X+4.
Example:
X wrote:Vote: Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

X+4 wrote:Unvote
Vote: Phelanp
t

Players:
jelco
bert_the_turtle
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
Ace Rimmer
zjoere
xander
RabidZombie

Dead:
ynbniar (Werewolf) lynched Day 1.
Vicious(Villager), lynched Day 2.
Pox(Werewolf Roleblocker), lynched Day 3.
Last edited by Phelanpt on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 am, edited 35 times in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon May 25, 2009 7:36 pm

in. Are Traitor and Werewolves in contact? And does the Traitor count towards the win condition?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon May 25, 2009 8:06 pm

I am not a scum sucking alien, honest :!:
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Mon May 25, 2009 8:38 pm

Something in bold.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon May 25, 2009 8:39 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:in. Are Traitor and Werewolves in contact? And does the Traitor count towards the win condition?

The traitor and werewolves don't know each other. The traitor counts for the werewolves' win condition, but not against the village's win condition.
I've updated the first post with more info.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon May 25, 2009 10:12 pm

IM IN
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: Phelanpt's Tale of Wolves and Gents

Postby NeoThermic » Tue May 26, 2009 3:19 am

Phelanpt wrote:Days will be 72 hours, nights will be 24 hours.

Suggestion, this is *far* too long for a TWG day/night cycle (i.e. it takes 4 days for 1 whole day to pass in TWG). I'd suggest something like 24/12 or 12/12 for day/night cycles. 72/24 is just silly.

NeoThermic
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue May 26, 2009 4:11 am

Silly in principle yes, but if you look at the last two games you will see that those times became a reality. A time of at least 24/24 is needed to cater for international players.

maybe 48/24?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 26, 2009 4:35 am

No Lynch!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Tue May 26, 2009 8:31 am

elexis wrote:Silly in principle yes, but if you look at the last two games you will see that those times became a reality. A time of at least 24/24 is needed to cater for international players.

maybe 48/24?

I wanted to go with 12-12 in The Thing TWG but it wasn't enough with players on 3 continents...a flexible 24-24 should be plenty though (apart from weekends).
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

The thing about TWGs is the nights can be really short. I'd suggest a day period of about 20 - 24 hours, but a night period of not more than 12 hours for the simple reason that the seer and wolves can pick their targets through the day; only the GA could care to wait until day end to decide who to protect. The way I ran my last TWGs was to have the wolves and seer PM me as soon as they felt the need; the majority and last name would be the target (so for example if three wolves put forward two votes for X, then put forward two votes for Y later, Y would be killed, assuming day hadn't yet started).

My main objection was to a 72/24 hour day/night cycle. 96 hours for 1 whole day is just silly :P

NeoThermic
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue May 26, 2009 3:04 pm

My idea was to give everyone a chance to post more than once.
I don't mind bringing it down to 48/24 or 24/24 if the people who are in agree.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue May 26, 2009 8:05 pm

I want in
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Vote: zjoere, then :)
eos
level2
level2

Postby eos » Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 pm

This is a little after the last TWG, isn't it?
My other account is Steve Jobs!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”