New Uplink Homepage

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
martinmir
level2
level2

New Uplink Homepage

Postby martinmir » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:49 am

Have a lookies.

www.uplink.co.uk

Refresh may be needed.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:53 am

I find it funny how that quicktime video makes such a boring game sound so exciting and awesome. Without a doubt, it feels like southpark.
Kenada
level1
level1

Postby Kenada » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Truly amazing... If I saw that video for the first time without having played Uplink myself, I would've been like 'Wow, wtf!?'. Nice job!
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:07 pm

jelco wrote:Wasn't this trailer used when Uplink was first thrown out onto Steam?

Jelco

Yes.

Also, NeatNit, GDIAF.
Kenada
level1
level1

Postby Kenada » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:06 pm

One question. Where did the building 3D models come from? I've never seen it before.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 pm

I don't have quicktime installed which is thankfull since I have a limited amount of bandwidth allocated per month and wouldn't really want to spend any of it downloading a mov file every time I go to the website. You might like to consider having this new front page centre itself in IE as it does for chrome and firefox, since if you look at the page fullscreen it looks a little bit naff otherwise and a lot of people still use IE - depends on your preference on what to do here.

The side bar on the actual uplink page has a couple of broken links for mouseovering the options (and isn't it supposed to highlight them as you mouseover, not jsut the demo all the time?), the side bar finishes abruptly with the 2 new link buttons below (dev blog and introversion software, the latter link is also available next to the title bar on all pages anyway... and in the copyright message on most pages... and on the "learn about our other games" link on the main page) - it would be nice to have the gradient offered on the top area of the page duplicated in this area in some fashion to make it appear a little smoother.

Additionally, you might like to update the FAQ to cover the issues you've had with Hacker Elite. Also the downlink fan page is dead now, might as well remove it from the recoomended webpages - possibly worth reviewing the status of all the sites listed as well.

It's nice to see that IV is going back and putting a little pazazz and updating the webpages for their older games, Uplink in particular which is known to continue to sell well even now. I'm not sure how much QA went on with the design process for the pages, though... then again maybe it's been broken a while and no one ever noticed?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:53 pm

The GoldFish wrote:then again maybe it's been broken a while and no one ever noticed?

Nail. Head.

NeoThermic
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:56 pm

The GoldFish wrote:It's nice to see that IV is going back and putting a little pazazz and updating the webpages for their older games, Uplink in particular which is known to continue to sell well even now. I'm not sure how much QA went on with the design process for the pages, though... then again maybe it's been broken a while and no one ever noticed?

I was quite amused and amazed when I was in the Apple Store on 5th Avenue, New York to see a guy playing Uplink on one of the floor models. Uplink does seem to still have a very decent following even after all these years.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:03 pm

After messing with some caching stuff, seems like it may have indeed been broken for a loooong time - there's a lot of things on there I don't remember seeing, but then I don't go to the uplink website very much. I would have thought however that someone would have noticed/cared when adding a new frontpage.

New moral of the story; might like to fix the pages, btw.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:05 am

RabidZombie wrote:Also, NeatNit, GDIAF.

This.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:50 am

I'm sorry to say this but it looks awful. If you're going to "redesign" it then I think it needs a lot more work. It's a shame because it makes a great game look quite amateurish.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 pm

AgentX 24 wrote:I'm sorry to say this but it looks awful. If you're going to "redesign" it then I think it needs a lot more work. It's a shame because it makes an amateurish game look quite amateurish.
Fix'd.

Do you smell something burning?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:59 pm

NeatNit, now you are both wrong and a bore. Quit while you're ahead.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch

Return to “Introversion Lounge”