So what’s going on @ Introversion?

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
martinmir
level2
level2

So what’s going on @ Introversion?

Postby martinmir » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:21 pm

A lot of what is going on at IV is top secret as you can imagine. But we thought we would give you a brief update to what we are up to in ‘The Flying Hamster 2.0’.

Currently the development team is busy with various projects with priority on Darwinia+ and of course Multiwinia Mac. With so much going on the development team have decided to adopt the use of more screens to make sure a lot more work is going on at the same time. The photo below is of Johnny K showing us how it is done. Some say Johnny K is in fact a robot sent from a distant planet, I like to refer to him as the Wizard.

Screens: Left (Mac) Middle (Windows) Right (Xbox)

The development pace has really picked up a notch with deadlines and milestones getting closer and closer. There is no rest for the wicked and certainly no room for failure, that’s not an option. Stick with us as we are on it and running as on scheduled as an independent games company can run.

So what else has been going on…?

We have been testing D+ recently to iron out the kinks, when I say testing I don’t mean the fun beta testing. I actually mean the nitty gritty menu testing making sure everything works as it says on the tin. My only advice for anyone who hasn’t tested a game before is that no matter how much you test, small details can be overlooked. Game testing is not as glamorous as people make it out to be. It involves detailed concentration and not just eating chocolate and sitting on your lazy a**, pressing a few buttons on a d-pad running through the options menu. Game testing can be stressful and has its risks just like any other job/task/occupation; by far the biggest risk is suffering from RSI from tapping buttons like a Lab Chimpanzee all day. Game testing is not for the faint hearted and I strongly recommend checking with your local GP if you are fully able to perform under intense demanding button tapping. A regular health MOT never hurt anyone.

On that note I better get back to testing and sitting on my backside eating chocolates.

Stay posted for news and updates on Introversion affairs.

Share/Bookmark below
Last edited by martinmir on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 pm

My god, that desk's messier than mine!

As for beta testing, it bad enough on the PC version when I was going around trying to break the menus as much as possible. It just isn't fun! Of course, if you look at some of my reports you'll see I did quite well.
Makai
level0

Postby Makai » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Is there a shortage of mouse pads in ‘The Flying Hamster 2.0’ ?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Obviously.

I'm very glad to see testing is being done in standard definition as well.
*coughDEADRISINGcough*
recover
level1
level1

Postby recover » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:38 pm

That setup could be improved by using Synergy. Only one keyboard & mouse would be needed. The program allows you to move the mouse from one screen to another in a very smooth way, all your keypresses will be sent to the computer the cursor is currently on. It works very well, I suggest you try it.
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 am

I guess that there might well be a good reason for this photo not being high resolution :P
faemir
level1
level1

Postby faemir » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm

multiwinia mac? You haven't ditched the Linux version right?
faemir
level1
level1

Postby faemir » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:20 pm

jelco wrote:
faemir wrote:multiwinia mac? You haven't ditched the Linux version right?

Of course they have. They definitely couldn't handle outsourcing the Mac port to Ambrosia while handling the Linux port, duh.

Jelco

It's hard to read sarcasm on the internet =/
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 pm

faemir wrote:
jelco wrote:
faemir wrote:multiwinia mac? You haven't ditched the Linux version right?

Of course they have. They definitely couldn't handle outsourcing the Mac port to Ambrosia while handling the Linux port, duh.

Jelco

It's hard to read sarcasm on the internet =/

It seems that you managed to do so, however. Kudos.

xander
Taedal
level2
level2

Postby Taedal » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:27 pm

Anyone else in almost physical pain at the lack of "its all in your head" updates..?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:44 pm

I'd forgotten all about those.

That's... saddening.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:17 am

I know that we can start polls on these forums, but can we start petitions?

Return to “Introversion Blog”