It's all in your head, Part 13

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:34 pm

A computer game about using a computer interface? That's almost as brilliant as this.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:30 pm

yes, a game about using a computer, just like uplink....
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Adam Black
level4
level4

Postby Adam Black » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Just because they're bedroom programmers doesn't mean every game they make has to take place in a computer. When they were making Darwinia they said everyone thought they made low-budget hacking games. Now they've stepped up from that to everyone thinking they make low-budget virtual reality games. I want my low-budget procedurally generated city exploration game!
Let's kick this bitch into overdrive.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:45 pm

It's been made pretty clear here and here that the abstract, moody city renders are the intended final look of the game.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
thobal
level1
level1

Postby thobal » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:11 pm

xander wrote:My god! It's full of stars!

xander

Instead of models and bumpmaps and lame things like textures. they'll be diffuse little dots moving around. Going into elevators, climbing stairs, and so on.

Sounds awesome, will defiantly fit the graphics we've seen so far. Should put those four together sooner.

I wonder what cars and vehicles will be like? Will they have little systems and stuff too? Plant a bug in the center console and cause accidents to tie up traffic, diverting a motorcade into a trap?

Dont forget bathrooms, else where will the guard go when you spike his coffee with laxatives?
Mischeif
level0

Postby Mischeif » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm

I've been watching Introversion ever since Darwinia, where you stole my heart by making a game that brought to life all those far out claims of the 1990's about artificial life. Still a bit sad that Darwinia didn't incorporate actual artificial life, but the illusion was good.

Reading what Introversion is doing with procedurally generated content makes me want to start working on the game running around in my head.

If your a student or a fan of fractals, chaos theory, non-linear dynamics, etc... you'll recognize that Subversion is essentially a graphical city building grammer, paired with a set of functional blocks which will create an orthogonal system where players will directly interact with the world.

It will be interesting if Introversion tries to tackle population dynamics. If so I hope it's successful.

Subversion will need to diverge from procedurally generated content at the point where the game takes shape.
My guess is that the game will be a Infiltration and Hacking Simulation.

I would be very interested in what books and media are inspiration for this game.
neo1000
level1
level1

Postby neo1000 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:48 pm

This looks like the end of "The Dark Knight" when Batman hacks all the cell-phones. Somehow it reminds me of "Enemy of the state" with Will "no scientology" Smith. Will this be the first paranoid game ever? Including a cool Seventies-Soundtrack? Anyway - this looks awesome.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:14 pm

neo1000 wrote:This looks like the end of "The Dark Knight" when Batman hacks all the cell-phones.

Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be that bad.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 pm

HeHeHeHeHeHe, Its The Batman , Lets Put A Smile On that Face, WHy So Serious

Dark Knight Greatest Movie Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:53 pm

jelco wrote:It was good. Not great, and certainly not the greatest movie ever.

While not the greatest movie ever, you got to admit it is likely the best Superhero movie in recent years, and arguably the best Batman movie (depending on how nostalgic you are for the Burton films).

It's not our fault you set too high expectations ;) It's a movie, not the cure for cancer.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Agreed. Best Batman movie, and a fairly good film overall.
"No, I kill the bus driver."
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:08 pm

jelco wrote:I didn't get my expectations up high. We've talked about that before. ;)

I know. However even back the you acted like your expectations were too high :P

By the way, and just out of curiosity, what is your benchmark (if any particularly defined one)?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:53 am

Yesssss, derailed! But my point was regarding only the cellphone part, which was immensely stupid however you look at it. I thought the movie was great.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:01 am

Hey, it was perfectly feasible!
the movie wrote:Sonar something something mumble phones mumble hacking mumble SCIENCE SCIENCE SONAR

What is there to question?
Bog
level0

Postby Bog » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:44 am

I read this post four times. Rolled the things and stuffs around in my brain.

Squee. I say again, Squee. This is not a drill. Squee, like the cheerleader.

Squee!

Return to “Introversion Blog”