Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:52 pm

MikeTheWookiee wrote:I've looked at my timetable for after the break, and once the exams are out of the way, I've a whopping 12 hours a week, spread over 2 whole days. That number includes lectures and scheduled workshop / lab sessions. There is a project, but I haven't done anything on it so far, and have no real plans to start until March... As for independent / outside lecture study, others do it, but I mostly sit with them, drink tea, do sudoku, and give them a hand with theirs if they need it. :)

Total - 15-20 hours at a push. This is a great big piece of piss. What I remember from work, on the other hand, was having to be out of bed and in work, reasonably presentable, <not still pissed from last night>, at the allotted time (fortunately 10am). Then actually functioning and talking to people reasonably for the next 9 hours (included lunch break) and being able to think through various tasks (like not blowing the factory up).

after the break i can have up to 21 hours of class to attend to. spread over 5 days. and most weeks it'll probably come down to 17 or 19 hours.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Back again briefly.

My brother is getting married in two days, plus a few other things I've got going, so it's been busy.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Feud wrote:Back again briefly.

My brother is getting married in two days, plus a few other things I've got going, so it's been busy.

What sort of idiot gets married this close to Xmas?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Ebola
level3
level3

Postby Ebola » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:40 pm

You need help.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:11 pm

Rkiver wrote:

We asked the same question.

He's fiance is a school teacher, so if they wanted a wedding with any type of honeymoon they needed to either get married over the Christmas break, or wait until summer. They opted for Christmas since it was sooner.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:49 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:http://www.friendface.co.uk/ is my social networking site of choice.

Man, this Cuke is good. It's like heaven in a can. You should try some.

Not seen that episode, yet, it's on my HDD recorder back at home. no spoilers please

The IT Crowd is painfully bad.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 pm

Montyphy wrote:
desktopsimmer wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:http://www.friendface.co.uk/ is my social networking site of choice.

Not seen that episode, yet, it's on my HDD recorder back at home. no spoilers please

/me disagrees.

I quite like it. Much better than the Big Bang Theory.
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:03 am

RabidZombie wrote:
Montyphy wrote:
desktopsimmer wrote:

/me disagrees.

I quite like it. Much better than the Big Bang Theory.

I think is rather ruddy good. But Father Ted is marginally better, the Nearly dead episode is the best ;) Cake jumper.... hmm
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 am

ynbniar wrote:Seriously thinking about a console...old PC isn't up to the latest wizzo games and isn't really upgradable any more but is fine for everything else...XBOX is cheaper but I've always had a bit of a thing for Sony..

For some reason, I have always thought that PC games would replace console games.
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:49 am

This is fantastic. I avoid getting sick all year, even avoiding all the bugs going 'round, and WHAM; First day of the Christmas holidays I'm in bed sick with a cold. Thank God I can reach the computer from my bed.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:25 am

Feud wrote:
Rkiver wrote:

We asked the same question.

He's fiance is a school teacher, so if they wanted a wedding with any type of honeymoon they needed to either get married over the Christmas break, or wait until summer. They opted for Christmas since it was sooner.

Would you belive my brother is getting married the day after? I don't like it cause roads are hell to drive on here in winter...
I wasn't here.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:07 pm

jelco wrote:PS: If you know which Alan I'm talking about, you're awesome.

For me to know which Alan you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with my obvious awesomeness.
It's just that you talk about it/him way too much.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:12 pm

MaximusBrood wrote:
jelco wrote:PS: If you know which Alan I'm talking about, you're awesome.

For me to know which Alan you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with my obvious awesomeness.
It's just that you talk about it/him way too much.

Ah, right. Alan Parsons.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:52 pm

dunetrooper wrote:Would you belive my brother is getting married the day after? I don't like it cause roads are hell to drive on here in winter...

Heh, on Tuesday I accidentally took my truck ice skating over in Idaho. Darn fence got in the way... :cry:
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Feud wrote:
dunetrooper wrote:Would you belive my brother is getting married the day after? I don't like it cause roads are hell to drive on here in winter...

Heh, on Tuesday I accidentally took my truck ice skating over in Idaho. Darn fence got in the way... :cry:

o.o

Return to “Introversion Lounge”