Escape From TWG: Everybody Dies

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Well, I guess we could try pulling one lever at a time and see at what points the traps are triggered :P

SOLVE

Pull down the first earth lever.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Untie me, you scumbags ! If my father finds out you'll never do a dig again in your entire life !
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Xocrates wrote:SOLVE

Pull down the first earth lever.

Xocrates, finally thinking straight after the round of insanity confidently pulls the first (one on the wall with xkcd) Earth lever.

The room again begins to shake slightly as miraculously the stone carving of xkcd begins to swing out revealing a small passage way just large enough for a single person to crawl through.

After waiting for a moment for any traps to spring to life, the group begins examining the passage. Finally, after deciding it must be relatively safe, the group sends in Xocrates to make sure it's safe. After giving the all clear, the group moves forward one by one into the next room.

While zjoere shouts loudly ordering somebody, anybody to untie him, they check out the new room.

There are no elaborate carvings, no distinguishing characteristics other than this on the far wall:

Task: Solve the puzzle.

After a few minutes of a loud zjoere, Mas (now awake) moves back into the room pulling a rope and ties it to zjoere. "OK!" he shouts, and the group begins dragging zjoere through the passage. Angrily, zjoere shouts all kinds of explicatives, until the dragging stops. They finish pulling him though. Mas joins the rest in the next room shortly after.

Explanation of Puzzle Two.

Pretty simple.

"All creatures (on Earth; map on floor?) trembling shall (bow/kneel before King xkcd; move lever, in front of king)" What else would an all powerful king want? :p Nothing in the room suggested other god bowed before him, only that he (the king) was in the realm of the gods (now that he's dead). The group seemed to mistake the rooms focus on him (it's his pyramid) for his complete omnipotence. Also, you wouldn't kneel facing away from the one you're kneeling in front of, that'd be an insult. :wink:

I thought for sure this puzzle would be much easier. Either way, I had fun watching everybody try every which way but right. :P
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:23 pm

That writing looks Arabic. I'd say it's the same text in all four panels, with different bits missing. I wonder what you get if you combine them, and what it reads?

Edit: Combined:
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:31 pm

The GIMP, away!
And by that I don't mean zjoere.

edit: ninja'd again. :roll:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:54 pm

The text seems to translate in my mind to "Draw circles around the corners and make an arrow, then follow it". This is probably wrong.

"Points external" could also be the bajillion dots in the text, I guess, or maybe all of the ends of the characters in it.
"Lines eternal" could be straight lines of practically infinite length, or maybe a Hamiltonian circuit.

I'm pretty sure that's all the wrong trees barked up, let's have some answers.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:56 am

Anyone else notice these markings on the lines? There seem to have been more, but corrosion (aka JPG compression) must have destroyed some of them.

"Lines eternal" could also just be the circles.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 pm

I think where the eternal lines starting from external spots come together we have to push the wall.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:07 pm

/me unties zjoere, he seems to have come (back?) to his senses.

Hmm, we'd need four such points to get an intersection. The only four external points we'd have right now would be the four corners of the carving, and the only way to connect them with lines and get an intersection on the carving is to just take the diagonals. Pushing the center would then be the answer. We haven't used the Arabic/Persian/Whatever writing yet, though, so I'd be careful.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:02 am

Back in the truck, Pinky waits for his compatriots to explore the tomb and wonders what's taking them so long.
LordSturm
level4
level4

Postby LordSturm » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:22 pm

/me just realised he forgot to join in this game... !!! ( rage )
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:30 pm

LordSturm wrote:/me just realised he forgot to join in this game... !!! ( rage )

I would've gone with them, but someone had to watch the truck.
mibias
level5
level5

Postby mibias » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:05 pm

When you get to a possible solution i'll voulenteer to try it out. That's the only way i can help out, really.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:12 pm

mibias wrote:When you get to a possible solution i'll voulenteer to try it out. That's the only way i can help out, really.

pushing the middle square has been suggested, so get of your lazy ass and put in some work. My dad isn't paying you to goof around !
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Bert's wife writing: Bert is in the hospital with no internet access and won't be able to take part for the next days expected.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”