Escape From TWG: Everybody Dies

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:35 pm

How dare you lowlife scumbags tackle me ! If we ever get out of here my dad will make sure you never dig again for treasure in you whole miserable lives. He'll break your balls and your career and you'll wish you never messed with me !
Now get me out of this damned sarcophague or your relatives on the outside will pay the price !

*pours himself a cocktail and goes to sit in a corner of the room*
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:45 pm

MikeTheWookiee wrote: but wonders whether we could just shoot our way out.

I suppose if you really wanted to try, you'd simply do it like so:

SOLVE

Hrun, the double-hard-bastard mercenary, whips out two mini-guns and blasts the <insert whatever here>...

Hehe. That is, anybody can post any possible solution they wish, so long as "SOLVE" is posted first.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:06 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:I hope you all had fun peeking under my skirt. I'm especially looking at the local old man!

I'm also leaning towards the "only one" interpretation, are there any shapes that appear only once?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:51 pm

No. A pair, six sets of four, couple sets of five, and a set of eight.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:01 am

Hmm, I'm afraid that I'm not entirely sure what to do to help noble sirs, I just carry the bags. <.< >.>
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:36 pm

* looks up, being intrigued by the ceiling *

The "only one" solution sound pretty logical for a 'Day 1' puzzle.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Are all of those symbols to scale? Because... those 5 sided things ARE trapezoids with triangles stapled to them.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:17 pm

'Combine', 'only one' and 'come together'...

Wonder how they managed to get anything done with such an ambiguous language. Bloody Persians...

Anyway, I agree - there's not enough regularity between the shapes for them to combine to form any regular polygon. I was thinking maybe a pentagon, what with them snake heads, but can't get anywhere...

The snakes and heads might mean... something? Four lots of five; but there are only two symbols which appear five times, and there are six lots of shapes which have four occurrences. E and B both appear in all four columns, but there's eight lots of B, and only 4 of E.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Hmm, this sarcofagus is interesting...
*looks up*
Oh, someone closed the door?
Why are you all looking up? Hmm...interesting, I wonder if there is a pattern to those shapes up there...
Let me label the symbols with letters...There appears to be 4 of symbol A, 8 of symbol B, 4 of symbol C, D and E, 5 of symbol F and G, 4 of symbol H, 2 of symbol I, and 4 of symbol J.
Here, I've noted them down, check if I'm counting it wrong.
ImageImage

Hmm, it also appears the symbols are split into two columns with two columns each...Could it be a translation table?

*is playing the absent minded professor, quicker to recognize references to an obscure civilization, than see possible danger*

Edit: Damn, out published! (aka Ninja'd)

Is it me or does H4 look slightly different than H1,2 and 3. Could be just my eyes but their bases seem to be a bit longer. Maybe somebody could print it out and measure it
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 pm

If them snakes have anything to do with this, then, yeah.

Four lots of a shape with five sides. That'd be shape E, Mas.

That's something, maybe.

Also, what kind of sadist puts a puzzle on the bloody ceiling. Damned Persians...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:38 pm

The church thing is more like two small trapezes stuck together (The scale even fits. This is an actual church thingy with two small trapezes copy-pasted into it.)

And the two trapezes with straight left edge combine to the big symmetrical trapez (again, respecting scale):

Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:40 pm

So basically, the five sided piece thing is being laid on really thick by everything in the room.

Also, is shape B made of two Is?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Yes, but the sculptor was a bit drunk:
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Hmm... continuing that line of thought, it appears to me (though I can't verify at this point) that A could be made with two "I"s and one "D". Which would leave with only "C" and "F" not combining into, or being obtained from combination any other shape.

However, a new possibility appeared. There are 5 small rectangles (F) of which 2 are in the first column and three on the fourth. Additionally, with the exception of F3, they all share a line with another F (F1-F4, F2-F5) while F3 has D1 in that position.
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:42 pm

One of the local guides turns to his imported llama pack-beast and seemingly converses with it for a few moments. He then speaks aloud, apparently translating the animal's grunts and bleats to nobody in particular: "Jamal asks 'Does the order we press the buttons matter?'". A few people gaze at him for a few moments before returning to the discussion.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”