Escape From TWG: Everybody Dies

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:54 pm

/me loves role playing (getting in character)

So, you can choose your own persona if you wish. *thinks back to bert's German posts

:P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:35 am

K.
I'll be Lothur, wood elf berserker. :P

Shwart!!
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Oh go on then. (If signups aren't closed already...)
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Lothur wants to know where Herr Rimmer has got to.
Lothur wants to start smashing some doors already.
I'm being facetious here; I'm not really that impatient.

Lothur!!
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:56 pm

I'll be the cocky asshole nobody likes but is on the team because he is the son of the main financer. In the end I'll save one of the other members of the expedition and will put my ashole ways behind me and die a hero's dead and be remembered forever.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Couldn't you die an hero's death instead?

I can be the one that "steals your iPod"...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:03 pm

So, Professor, you promise there's no bats, rats, spiders, beetles or snakes in this ancient tomb?

I'll be Jennifer DuBois, easily scared (though, to compensate, a bit slow to realize danger) research assistant of whoever wants my assistance :)
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 pm

I'll be the local wise man, who's cryptic warnings at first seem to be the dismissible superstitious ravings of an unenlightened old man, but which later turn out to be disturbingly accurate...

The Gilded Monkey you must beware, avert your gaze and do not stare, for he who looks into it's eyes shall never again see heaven's skies!
TheRileyDuo
level1
level1

Postby TheRileyDuo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 pm

I'll be the timid scientist, who everyone berates and ignores until it's to late, despite my prestigious degree and dashing good looks.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Puzzle One

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:57 am

After several days, a room is found containing more gold and jewels than the members of the group have ever seen in their entire life combined! It turns out to be the main burial room and even appears to hold the remains of one King ! The excitement draws everyone down to inspect the contents, except for the locals (helping with the dig) who nervously wait outside. Unfortunately, zjoere takes notice of the sarcophagus and is drawn to lift the lid for a peak at what treasures are inside (as well as a look at the king). As soon as the lid is no longer completely touching the sarcophagus, a meter thick wall on each of the five sides of the room comes smashing down. After realizing what has just happened and who's responsible, zjoere is tackled by several of the group.

Finally, the timid scientist (TheRileyDuo) momentarily overcomes his character and shouts at everybody to shut up and explains that there should be hidden way out, an emergency 'escape route' that the builders almost certainly would have created, if only they can find it. Quickly, the group scatters about the room desperately searching for any clues.

The group begins searching frantically for some sort of hidden exit and bert_the_turtle spots some odd markings directly above King xkcd's sarcophagus. Too far to above to reach alone, Mas lifts bert up on his shoulders. After some examination, it appears to be a puzzle of some sort. Banging on the ceiling reveals that there is indeed a room directly above them!

They all step back to get a better look at what may be the only way out...

On the ceiling:

In the room: xkcd's sarcophagus, four five-headed snakes (one in each corner that appear to be arranged as so to face it's counterpart on the right), and an Elamite word that can be translated "combine", "only one", or "come together".

After examining the arrangement on the ceiling, it appears that the center portion is actually some sort of combination that fits into what looks like a door. At first glance, it might be mistaken as elaborate carvings in an ancient tomb. However, bert begins to play around with the carvings and realizes that the shapes actually move and can be pushed into the wall.

Task: Determine which shape/s need to be pushed in, to "unlock" the door above and open the path to freedom. You must be specific in which shape/s and how many.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:01 am

Assuming that they all combine to make a shape (a square?), I'm guessing the easiest way to do this is to physically print them out, cut and go from there.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 am

Seems strange we are in a 5 sided room...I wonder if there is any significance.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:13 am

Next you'll be pointing out the angles in the triangular pieces.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:29 am

Whoops: You'll have to forgive me but I didn't post the image correctly. Fixed. Ignore that last one. :oops:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Next you'll be pointing out the angles in the triangular pieces.

Oops did I forget to tell you my role...Annoying Pointer Out of the Obvious :wink:

What about those triangles btw...do the angles all add up to the same thing perhaps :?:

Return to “Introversion Lounge”