Sarah Palin gets slammed!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:35 pm

jelco wrote:
Why? wrote:Random thread? What, it has to pass a certain level of importance before it's allowed it's own thread? Where are the guidelines? Who should I consult on such matters?

Not so much a certain level of 'importance' (although any limit on that part would also put this in the Random topic anyway), but more a level of potential discussion. This video might be something related to politics in some way, but it is clearly trying to joke about it and as such can't in any way be considered decent discussion material, considering no-one except you has noted to have given even a single laugh after watching it it's hardly decent comedy material even.

The guidelines, the thing you should consult, is called common sense.

rus|Mike: Here. ;)

Jelco

The video has 400,000 views and it's only been up for 4 days. Obviously, people think it's funny! Especially people who know that Sarah Palin is an idiot.

And lookie here! People are discussing poltics! Wow, I guess when people have conversations they can change the subjects all by themselves!

As far as I know, you guys aren't moderators on this forum... So please, kindly, fuck off with that anal-retentive bullshit.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50 pm

That may well be 20 people who think it's funny, and 399,980 wondering what the fuck it is so great about.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:52 pm

At least one of us here needs to calm down.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Why? wrote:The video has 400,000 views and it's only been up for 4 days. Obviously, people think it's funny! Especially people who know that Sarah Palin is an idiot.

And lookie here! People are discussing poltics! Wow, I guess when people have conversations they can change the subjects all by themselves!

As far as I know, you guys aren't moderators on this forum... So please, kindly, fuck off with that anal-retentive bullshit.

1) Most importantly you should take into account that comparing the average YT userbase to that of these forums is wrong. They are different, and as such the general consensus regarding video opinions is bound to differ quite a lot as well. I would also ask you to take a look at the comments at that video to see the actual general opinion, and remember that someone who watches the vid doesn't like it per se. Best example: me.

2) Please take a look as to how exactly the discussion shifted towards that. The discussion changed to how both sides in the elections are making mistakes and/or a fool out of themselves, with this video being an example. This is something entirely different from what you apparently wanted to note - its degree of being funny.

3) Firstly, read this, and some of the posts close to it as well. Furthermore I'd like to note that - as sadly always seems to be the case with folks like you - you accuse us (or me personally in fact) of being offensive but are yourself the first one to take up curses. Yes, my post wasn't exactly friendly but that's because it was quite clear that the post you made which my post was a reply to was some cynical way of proposing your questions which came across less than friendly to me.

Coming in and posting something in the wrong place is not a bad thing in and of itself, but trying to change the general way of doing things here and/or offending people when someone tries to point out how you might want do a similar thing in a future case is not a good idea.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Why? wrote:As far as I know, you guys aren't moderators on this forum... So please, kindly, fuck off with that anal-retentive bullshit.

But they are. The community self-moderates. If you can play nice, you can stay, else.. have fun elsewhere.

So please, kindly fuck off with that bullshit about who is in power. That's coming from the person who is.

NeoThermic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”