Sarah Palin gets slammed!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Shock horror, a US republican makes a complete idiot of themselves...

Since when has that been news in all honesty? Republican politicians constantly make fuck ups that amuse the rest of the planet. It's almost like it's their signature role, ignorance, stupidity, and lashings of unwitting humour.

I just feel sorry for whom they supposedly represent. They cannot all be that bloody idiotic, can they?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Well, it's either vote for them or vote for the other party who:

Have no clue what is actually in the legislation they wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Make up stories about sniper fire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4

And who can't remember who is running for what office:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RElChQ6g2Io

Or we could just realize that both sides do embarrassing things. Some are honest mistakes, some are bald face idiocy. Such things and people know neither borders nor ideology, every country and group has them.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Ain't that just the truth.

Honestly though, I rather trust a democrat in the US then a republican. Something about believing a book litterally with no proof just scares me.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:14 pm

Indeed, and seeing as even Colin Powell is supporting Obama now I am feeling even more vindicated in my choice.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:19 pm

You do realize that Obama and Biden both claim to believe that book, as well as the sizable majority of Democrats holding office, right?
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:24 pm

I know that, though he (Obama) was raised by a mother who treated religion the way an anthropologist treats an ancient culture's belief systems, and so wasn't raised in the same sort of way that Palin was with the more "Jesus-camp" style Christians, who are truly terrifying.

Also, I have nothing against Christians, I find religion interesting though I don't follow any, I think that saying that because someone is a Christian/Muslim/Jew/whatever is a reason that they are a bad candidate for leader is wrong, it's only when they are a fanatical follower of their belief system that it's bad.
Silverwing
level0

Postby Silverwing » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Palin's belief's on how rape victims should be forced to carry the child if they get pregnant etc makes her the scariest woman on earth to me!
Makes me kinda glad I'm not American, even the threat of her possibly ruling the country would have me wetting my pants.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Well, I'm lucky to be a Scottish born American not even living in America, so I get my say from a safe distance!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Feud wrote:Well, it's either vote for them or vote for the other party who:

Have no clue what is actually in the legislation they wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Make up stories about sniper fire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4

And who can't remember who is running for what office:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RElChQ6g2Io

Or we could just realize that both sides do embarrassing things. Some are honest mistakes, some are bald face idiocy. Such things and people know neither borders nor ideology, every country and group has them.

Well two of those are stupid "gotchas" so I'm not sure they serve any purpose other to expose what the priorities of Fox news are. The sniper thing is an actual issue and is one of the reasons you aren't seeing Hillary's name on the November ballot. John McCain actually has a similar, though even more serious, problem in his talk about how safe it is in Iraq and how he was able to walk around an Iraqi market without issue (even though he had to wear a bullet proof jacket, which he has forgotten about, and had 100 US soldiers and several black hawks as protection). Likewise, when he has to be repeatedly reminded of the difference between Sunni and Shite when his main claim is that he is ready from day one is pretty insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c&feature=user
Silverwing
level0

Postby Silverwing » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:54 pm

McCain's hypocrisy is also terrifying. I guess the rest of the world can only hope that American's make the right choice, I know Obama isn't perfect but jeez, even McCain's solution to the Credit Crisis was off the wall.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:54 pm

I don't think the first one is a "gotcha", it seems like if a member of Congress is going to introduce legislation banning a heretofore legal product that they should not just have a good reason to make it illegal, but at the very least know what it actually is.

My point is that both sides do dumb stuff. I laughed at the Palin thing because it's funny, I laugh at these because they are funny.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Feud wrote:I don't think the first one is a "gotcha", it seems like if a member of Congress is going to introduce legislation banning a heretofore legal product that they should not just have a good reason to make it illegal, but at the very least know what it actually is.

Perhaps, but Congress has to legislate virtually every aspect of the US economy and society. They have to deal with medical issues, foreign policy, social issues, legal issues, technology issues, etc. It is unreasonable to expect a Congressperson to recall the precise definition of every technical term used in every bill they support. Most bills are written by teams of people which include technical experts in the field in question and lawyers. Between the technical terms and the legal language the simple idea that the Congressperson has can get into the bill in language they don't recognize. In the end most bills don't even get read in their final state by most of the people who vote on them. The members of Congress often just read the summaries their aids put together which distill the bill back into comprehensible language and reduce the hundreds of pages into a more manageable document. Certainly it is easy to see flaws in this system, but when dealing with such numbers of issues of such complexity this sort of simplification is generally unavoidable.
TheRileyDuo
level1
level1

Postby TheRileyDuo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:40 pm

You have to admit though, at least the presidency is being given to either the best public speaker since JFK, or to a man who took bullets and torture for America. Both of them are great Americans, dispite the directions that their campaign have taken.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:35 pm

jelco wrote:
Why? wrote:Random thread? What, it has to pass a certain level of importance before it's allowed it's own thread? Where are the guidelines? Who should I consult on such matters?

Not so much a certain level of 'importance' (although any limit on that part would also put this in the Random topic anyway), but more a level of potential discussion. This video might be something related to politics in some way, but it is clearly trying to joke about it and as such can't in any way be considered decent discussion material, considering no-one except you has noted to have given even a single laugh after watching it it's hardly decent comedy material even.

The guidelines, the thing you should consult, is called common sense.

rus|Mike: Here. ;)

Jelco

The video has 400,000 views and it's only been up for 4 days. Obviously, people think it's funny! Especially people who know that Sarah Palin is an idiot.

And lookie here! People are discussing poltics! Wow, I guess when people have conversations they can change the subjects all by themselves!

As far as I know, you guys aren't moderators on this forum... So please, kindly, fuck off with that anal-retentive bullshit.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50 pm

That may well be 20 people who think it's funny, and 399,980 wondering what the fuck it is so great about.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”