Jelco's CERN TWG - Day 10: Internet outage

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:49 am

Well, right now, the specials don't know too much, either. We certainly can expect them to take more influence over time, but we should try to give them something to work with by the usual semi-random finger pointing :)

Oh, yesterday's theory, right. I was just curious what shinygerbil, LLamaBoy and RabidZombie would do. If you remember, LLamaBoy voted for shinygerbil randomly on day 1, was accused of that by Max, who then was accused by RabidZombie. It didn't look like a standard day one voting chain or indirect revenge voting; I rather suspect the usual one bad guy voting for the other. Day 2, RabidZombie and LLamaBoy reversed their position; they accused each other a bit, LLamaBoy eventually jumped on the bandwagon, while RabidZombie stayed off. Shinygerbil kept quiet, which I'll probably use against him later at the first suspicious actual move, provided he doesn't get eliminated before that. RabidZombie raised some interesting questions, and his vote didn't look like an attempted save (too late for that). So my vote goes to LLamaBoy (retracted) unless looking over my notes, which I stupidly left at work, gives any new insights.

I really don't think sharing information about our keys with anyone but a confirmed good guy is a good idea; there just is nothing we can do with this info, being unable to swap freely, but BASIC will know better who they can swap with for profit. I gave a list of keys most worth keeping already; if you don't have one of those, volunteer to exchange with the prisoner (not all at once, obviously. That also reveals your keys, or at least their value.)

Regarding the bit about the Vigilante stepping up just to reveal himself, well, let's just say I learned my lesson about constructing identified humans. They can be a powerful force if they come up naturally, but pl*ning them into existence mostly ended in failure.
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:59 am

bert_the_turtle, because he won't say SPARK.

And if you think that's dumb, bear in mind that this game only really has behind the scenes stuff and stupid incriminating actions available for your consideration, and I'm sure I can guess which one you'd rather me do.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:08 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:I really don't think sharing information about our keys with anyone but a confirmed good guy is a good idea; there just is nothing we can do with this info, being unable to swap freely, but BASIC will know better who they can swap with for profit. I gave a list of keys most worth keeping already; if you don't have one of those, volunteer to exchange with the prisoner (not all at once, obviously. That also reveals your keys, or at least their value.)

Regarding the bit about the Vigilante stepping up just to reveal himself, well, let's just say I learned my lesson about constructing identified humans. They can be a powerful force if they come up naturally, but pl*nning them into existence mostly ended in failure.

But why not combine these ideas?
There is little we can do, without a 'confirmed good guy'; however, if one appears and we give them the key data, then events can begin.
I'm not creating much of a plan here; I do, however, know that we need a leader before it's too late.

Shwart!!
MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:53 am

For the whole holier-than-thou "I-vote-for-me!" and "I volunteer to get locked up" attitude, I'm going to go with Shwart!!. Almost as if you're daring us to do it.

On letting everyone know keys, I think bert has this one - this will only give the nutters more information. I think that one of their plans will be to gather information on who has what, so we'd only be doing their work for them.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 am

I agree, Shwart!! seems to be placing himself in harm's way as a clever way to avoid it. (If that makes any sense)
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Day 2, RabidZombie and LLamaBoy reversed their position; they accused each other a bit, LLamaBoy eventually jumped on the bandwagon, while RabidZombie stayed off.
RabidZombie raised some interesting questions, and his vote didn't look like an attempted save (too late for that).

This will probably come off as defensive, but meh.

The only reason I voted for Maximus was due to the considerable majority of voters having chosen him too (7 of 12 at the time of my post), so voting otherwise would have been a wasted vote; Also, we still had no idea or indication of who might be working against us (or at least, I didn't). Additionally, my vote came late cause of work as well as wanting to see some kind of dialogue in the thread.

Also, RabidZombie's comment on my behaviour has no merit, I was merely sharing my thoughts and suspicions, not trying to sway anyone. Much like you've just done (minus the vote) :P

Now, as for suspicions, I see a few groups that might be in league with each other, but I'm really not sure which might be normal people and which hippy technophobes.

I'll tentatively vote for Kunshu, allowing for a possible change later on today.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:24 am

Shwart!! wrote:But why not combine these ideas?
There is little we can do, without a 'confirmed good guy'; however, if one appears and we give them the key data, then events can begin.
Yes. By all means, once there is a confirmed good guy, rally behind him. Of course, that's also the place where the bad guys are hiding.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:13 pm

bert_the_turtle

Why you ask? The Seer told me so.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Ah yes. Of course. The Fake Seer move. I didn't expect it this early. Unfortunately, at this time, I'm unable to defend against it with anything but a simple "he's wrong". A counterattack is also futile; I rather suspect Feud is just being used. Good news is that I'm not really that important; you should get by fine without me, even if you believe Feud's claim for now and lock me up just to be on the safe side.
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Bert. Not I stress because I'm following Feud, but for the reasons I stated yesterday.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:03 pm

I think I'll wait a bit before acting.

I'm still completely unsure as to who is a bad guy or not.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:40 pm

who else doesn't have any clue about what is going on ?
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:08 pm

>_>
<_<
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Me :( Anyway, I made up my mind, and I don't think we have much of a choice here: Feud should be locked up. I still think it's unlikely he's one of the nutjobs himself, but even if not, he became corrupted by them and is therefore a disturbance in a highly unstable equation. I'd rather get the man behind the curtain, but forcing him to find another voice would suffice for now.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Hmm, in that case I'm going to have to go with bert.

On a side note, how do we know you two aren't just playing off of each other.

bert: Tell everybody you've heard from the seer and they said lock me up.
Feud: Ok

:P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “Introversion Lounge”