Forum Music Preferences

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
martinmir
level2
level2

Forum Music Preferences

Postby martinmir » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Please let me know what interesting music you guys like?

Me personally I like everything from Jazz, Electronic, Reggae, Trip Hop, Minimal Techno to dub step.

Last edited by martinmir on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Well I'm in on a Friday surfing the web so not much of a party spirit going on, though I do have a couple of Mac's Gold in the fridge.

As for the question I too like a variety of music...currently in the car I have a few home grown CD's including tracks by The Aliens, Flaming Lips, James, Johnny Cash, Iron Maiden, The Divine Comedy, Prince, Elvis, Tenacious D, Massive Attack, The Beautiful South, Prodigy, Jimmy Cliff... :)
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm unsure about what do you mean by 'interesting' but I'm quite fond of electronic music, Trance especially (Dj Tiёsto and everything similar- Paul Van Dyk, Paul Oakenfold, Orange, Aurosonic, etc, etc). Sometimes I also listen to pop songs ~20 years old :roll: I find them relaxing :roll:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:49 pm

Depends on the occasion and situation.

BBQ or drinks in the garden: Reggae, Acoustic.
Out dancing with friends: Cheesey Pop, Pop, Indie.
Background music for something lively: Indie.
Background music when mates are around for dinner: Acoustic.
Background music to wind things down or somewhere full of bean bags and warm lighting: Chillout, Electronic, Trip Hop.

I pretty much listen to anything though
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 pm

I listen to bitpop, chiptune, anything with an electronic or "video game" sound to it. This includes everything made by Trash80 and she. I'm also quite fond of Random.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:00 pm

I like the beeps and the boops and the videogame music remixes, but my mp3 player says something about Iron Maiden and Machinae Supremacy taking up about a quarter of the space between them, and my hard drive seems to say that I have a lot of Metal, Rock, Electronica, and Industrial.

I'd listen to those guys; I can't be paying much attention.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:03 pm

xyzyxx wrote:...she.

Nice. Just took a peak at the coloris album (listening now).

I like to listen to a variety of music, but if it's 20 years or older, it'll probably get more attention, no matter the genre. I can do pretty much any type except Jazz (sorry), extreme heavy metal, and "new" country which is really just rock/pop with a twang.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:11 pm

My musical tastes are so varied it's ludicrous (what happens when you're raised by a musician)... I don't really know where to begin, much easier to link to my wonderful Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/Kunshu/charts

I'm going through an electronic phase at the moment I think, but generally I like everything from Classical to metal to electronic to rock to jazz to animé/Japanese music in general, I can't abide rap or hip-hop though, they are anathema to me. *shudders*

P.S: Just started listening to she: damn she's good. :)
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:53 am

Hmmm, I can never really define my music tastes. I have a couple of favourite bands but the closest I could say is rock/electronic stuff. My favourite bands would be: Radiohead, R.E.M, Ben Folds Five, Nirvana and Talking heads. I can't stand most hip-hop/rap and a lot of pop, at least the stuff which is on the radio (I'm sure there are some amazing hip-hop bands out there).
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:54 am

http://www.last.fm/user/estalo

Where's the last.fm Introversion group? :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:00 am

Kunshu wrote:I can't abide rap or hip-hop though, they are anathema to me. *shudders*

I used to agree with you, and I still feel that 99% of it is crap, but there are a few bits and pieces here and there that I have liked. For instance, I rather enjoy Del tha Funkee Homosapien (for instance, Deltron 3030 is fun to listen to).

That being said, my tastes tend toward early and mid 20th century Russian classical composers, though I am willing to listen to almost anything.

xander
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:14 am

http://www.last.fm/user/eskimopie89 ("Your musical compatibility with estalo is: Very Low", "Your musical compatibility with Kunshu is: Very Low" :()

I like a ton of jazz, but I listen to all sorts really (again, with the exception of rap, metal or most awful pop that's on the radio). I do like some hip-hop, but only really stuff that's partly jazzy/funky too. Also, woo 8bitpeoples.
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:16 am

"Your musical compatibility with estalo is: Very Low"

Don't blame me that you have no taste! ;)
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:22 am

Heh, I always get a bit confused by Last.FM seeing as there are a few artists we share in common, it's probably the amount of times we've listened to the artists it goes by or something....
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:12 am

Hmm, I love music on every point of the spectrum, I guess. Mostly harmonic music, since I'm not fond of dissonance.
A few of my favourite bands/singers/authors, in no particular order: K's Choice, Queen, Moloko, Daft Punk, Green Day, Cranberries, Bach, Mafalda Veiga, Aimee Mann, Holst, Terra Naomi, Guano Apes... I could keep adding to this list until the trout were smashed... (read: blow a post limit in the database)

I've listened to last.fm a few times when I don't have my personal playlist with me. I should probably use the app to scrobble it so I'd have a reliable count.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”