old topics being bumped *question*

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:13 pm

gosox wrote: i type how i speak

Now that's a scary thought.
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 pm

haha wow, jelco, i agree with using proper grammar and spelling, like i have said, if it's your choice to not pay attention to what i write, thats your problem, the only reason why i'm even saying the things, i am, is because you, jelco, started to degrade the way i speak, so it's your own fault you are angry, and really i don't care if you see me as a 12 year old, because i'm much more intellegent then what a average 14 year old is, and much more experienced with alot of things, then an average 14 year old is.

also, never bark orders, at me, i'm not your pet, i'm a human being, i'd like to be treated with respect, and i've given you nothing but the upmost respect, i never called you names, cursed at you, or any such things, of that nature, so i assume your the 12 year old, for being so immature, and letting your patience and temper get the better of you.
craig is the man
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 pm

gosox wrote:...i type how i speak

Don't. When you speak, people have lots of cues to go on -- eye contact, intonation, gestures with your hands, other body language, &c. Communication is about more than just words when you speak. When you write, words are all you have. When you leave out punctuation, refuse to capitalize, spell poorly, &c., it becomes difficult to read what you are writing.

xander
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 pm

xander wrote:
gosox wrote:...i type how i speak

Don't. When you speak, people have lots of cues to go on -- eye contact, intonation, gestures with your hands, other body language, &c. Communication is about more than just words when you speak. When you write, words are all you have. When you leave out punctuation, refuse to capitalize, spell poorly, &c., it becomes difficult to read what you are writing.

xander

yes xander, but i'm sure you can tell, that when, i want to write emotion, i will use words that are affialated with those emotions I.E love, hate, insulting words, compliments, and so on
craig is the man
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Come on, give him a break. Even though he isn't writing completely correctly, at least he is intelligible, and what's best, he's keeping his cool in a heated discussion.

So, if you really want to change the way he writes for the better, let things cool down, and just lead by example. After all, you're not forced to read what he writes.

Edit: Grammar is not me good at today. :P

Jelco: Yes, I knew. :)
Last edited by Phelanpt on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:05 pm

When it comes to it, your behaviour and how you type is all we have to go on. If you don't have the patience to type correctly, we will judge you on that.

When you start attacking others who are thought of as your betters on a forum, you paint a target on your back. You were doing so well for a while gosox, but now all you are doing is digging yourself a hole, and dragging our opinion collectively down into it.

Just something to consider, as your behaviour, if it annoys enough of us, will result in you getting banned by the admins.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:23 pm

the forums may be a dictatorship, but not of the community, but of the admin, the admin holds all power, he may, and can use all power as he wishs, and the fact that you think i can't express my emotions, while writing, is complete crap, i can most certainly capture my emotion within what i write. i have earned my respect, but giving you respect, i gave you respect when i didn't see fit to give it to you, so be happy, and the fact that your not the admin, and again, i'm not going to take orders from a 12 year old, i'm not going to leave, i have the privledge, to be on this forum, if you have a problem with it, take that up with the mods, or admin. it is your own fault, that your angry, only because, you started to insult me, i merely stated my theory's and beliefs, and you insulted me, and my theorys, and beliefs, so it's only fair, if you and your theorys and beliefs are insulted, and degraded. my attitude, and behaviour were just fine, before you posted, and insulted me, and how i write.
i understand that the internet only accepts people for how they behave, and the only reason why my behavoiur, is not at it's best, is because, i had to stoop to your level, to have this discussion, and you stated here
And if my tone sounds overly angry, you just fucking deserved it.
and here
You are really testing my patience

so you obviously were getting either angry or annoyed, which on the internet, shows bad behavoiur, so thats when you became immature, and let your temper get the better of you

as for it being your fault, to why your angry, think if i shot someone, and they shot me back, in self defence, it's my fault i got shot, because i started it in the first place, as did you by insulting my theory's and beliefs

sorry for the un organization of this post, i was reading the other posts, finding the information to put in my post, and found some information, after i should have put it in

and yes Phelanpt, i have kept my cool, during this heated discussion, only because i know, that jelco, is in the wrong, and i intend to prove this, once again, as i kept my compsure, jelco has posted a anger-toned post, or even annoyed-toned post, so jelco, i have to say, that, thats another reason why i'm alittle more mature, then you, because i have kept my compsure, while you have let maybe not your temper, or anger, but atleast the annyonce of my posts to get to you, and Phelanpt is right, my posts are atleast intelligible, and make sense, they may not be perfectly orginized, or words may not be spelled correctly, or even my grammar, and/or puncuatation is off, but it's still read-able, and understandable
craig is the man
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 pm

gosox wrote:the forums may be a dictatorship, but not of the community, but of the admin, the admin holds all power, he may, and can use all power as he wishs

The admin wishes to indicate that he doesn't mind if the community is self-checking. Saves time.

NeoThermic
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 pm

I believe that NeoThermic. being the admin, has made the position of the admins view on this entire topic rather clear gosox. At this point perhaps just agree to diasagree with Jelco. It will be better for you if you do.
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 pm

i agree with jelco 100%, but he made it a personal matter, and he shouldn't have done that, but yes, this is geting a bit silly, so as from my point, it's ended, unless jelco, has something he wants to add
craig is the man
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Well done. Backing down is the more mature option. We don't care too much about your age or intelligence. Besides which, for all you know above average could be rather low here. Think about the kind of games we're playing: One glorified puzzle game, 3 RTS games, and whatever the hell Subversion turns out to be. Far from a haven for the ungifted, yes?
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:46 pm

yes, but i didn't back down, i'm just stating that my time could be used much more wiser, then even affialating myself, to jelco
craig is the man
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Mas Tnega wrote: Far from a haven for the ungifted, yes?

And yet consider some of the posts we've seen in our time here. Beno and his forums, and flying planes anyone?

gosox wrote:yes, but i didn't back down, i'm just stating that my time could be used much more wiser, then even affialating myself, to jelco

The fact you posted that means that Mas Tnega's post regarding you is now null and void. Congratulations, you have made yourself into the idiot here. You should have just let it go....
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 pm

alright
well i'm going to go get a shower now, and thanks for your time people, you have greatly kept me entertained while i'm playing another game, of which takes a long time to go turn by turn
craig is the man
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Rkiver wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote: Far from a haven for the ungifted, yes?
And yet consider some of the posts we've seen in our time here. Beno and his forums, and flying planes anyone?
I could never forget. He was also one of the idiots that thought DHCP made him untraceable. And HE WAS TRYING TO LIKE LINUS!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”