Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:59 pm

CivIII, hands down. It was the perfect civ.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

F*ck yeah! I just finished my (near) final version of the 10 page (9 actually, with the last 2 being references) english abstract for my thesis. Meaning that as soon as I finally, finally deliver it in CD accompanied with a paper version of my thesis, and upload it online. I'll be completely rid of college work :D

And if anyone is interest in reading those 9 pages worth of technobable in lousy english, I don't mind uploading the file ;)

Now, where do I have those CivIII CD's...
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:AWESUMMAGE!!!

Jelco

Meh. :roll:

:P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Don't complain. Holland have been epic so far. Awesome stuff.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:45 pm

Whoa! Where did time go?

The "just one more turn" syndrome is a bitch :P
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:28 am

jelco the galactaboy wrote:However the Dutch seem to have a trademark on over-the-top fan-action which can get a little annoying at times.

You're telling this to a Brit? :P
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:03 am

42 of the Best Commercial Linux Games

Good to see all 3 IV titles in there.... even if they do compare Darwinia to Cannon Fodder :P
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:26 pm

I think only people who have played both games could possibly make that comparison.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:39 pm

Two weekends ago I went for a BBQ with about 20 other people along side a contributary to the Rhine not far from the German border. Started off very rainy but we were under a huge tree so were able to remind mostly dry. Had loads of Bratwurst, burgers, frankfurters, steak and smoked apple shisha. T'was nice.

-----

Two Wednesdays ago I went to Art Basel. A huge art fair displaying many different pieces of artwork from around the world. T'was nice.

-----

Last week I was in London, England for 6 days. Missed the opening ceremony for the Euro :( but at least I got to see friends that I hadn't seen in 6 months. T'was nice.

Ringed in the top left, St Jakob Football stadium, where the Basel Euro games and opening ceremony were/are held.
Ringed in the bottom right, my house.

Was suppose to go on a hot air balloon flight in Guildford but due to high winds they couldn't fly so I had to rebook it... very lame. Did Swiss chocolate tasting instead. Chilli chocolate is nice.

-----

Just came back from the Greenfield festival in Interlaken, Switzerland. T'was nice. A lot smaller than I expected but still lots of fun. Linkin Park cancelled which was lame.

On Saturday I went paragliding which was awesome. Apparently Bullet for my Valentine did the same thing the day before. Only saw one band play that day; die Ärzte. For anyone who hasn't heard of them before enjoy this Shaun of the Dead style music video of theirs that I may have linked to before.

-----

W00T! Hopp Swiiz! They actually won a game. Too bad they're out anyway.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 am

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 am

As someone who's read all the books (not all short stories though) I think I can safely say: Where you damn well please :P

The watch series is probably the most popular, Rincewind series is perhaps the most well known. Most books can be read as standalone (exception for Light fantastic and perhaps lords and ladies) although you'll miss out on somethings. Also of note, the earlier books differ somewhat significantly in style than the rest, and many other books also differ somewhat from the rest.

Or you could just go by publishing order, just keep in mind this is not the kind of stuff you can truthfully say you do not like until about halfway through :P
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 am

Spinal cyst still painful as hell, but I'm back in work regardless.

I'm in quite a lot of pain. Test results from blood work due back around 2pm give or take.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 am

Hmmm, thanks for the info. People have been recommending Pratchett to me for years, figured I should finally read some. :P
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Xocrates wrote:

As someone who's read all the books (not all short stories though) I think I can safely say: Where you damn well please :P

The watch series is probably the most popular, Rincewind series is perhaps the most well known. Most books can be read as standalone (exception for Light fantastic and perhaps lords and ladies) although you'll miss out on somethings. Also of note, the earlier books differ somewhat significantly in style than the rest, and many other books also differ somewhat from the rest.

Or you could just go by publishing order, just keep in mind this is not the kind of stuff you can truthfully say you do not like until about halfway through :P

What he said. :D

<-- Discworld and Prattchett fan
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Soooo, blood test results. And they aren't good. I have to go back in Wednesday for more tests and the like.

I have very low iron content, a B12 deficiency, and very very high white blood cell count.

Not sure why I have low blood iron. I eat meat, and green veg. Erm, B12? The what now? White blood cells, well I have a cyst that is infected, so that makes sense. However there is stuff they could not tell me over the phone. And suggest I get checked for STIs. That one threw me for a loop. Been in a monogamous relationship for over 6 years. Had an STI test about 5 years ago, was clean. So I'm lost.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ

Return to “Introversion Lounge”