IV looking for talented programmers!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
vic
level2
level2

IV looking for talented programmers!

Postby vic » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Its time again for everyone at IV to nudge up and clear space for an extra desk - once again we're on the hunt for a talented new developer to join the fold!

Who we're looking for:
An experienced programmer to join our existing team of eight. We are looking for a quality, all-round programmer proficient in C++ who is happy to work in all areas of game programming and able to assist us with all areas of our projects.

Initially the work will involve joining the existing Multiwinia project team and preparing the title for launch. Following this we have a number of game projects in development and we will work to find the project and area of interest suited to the candidate. This job is perfect for any existing programmers who wish to break into the gaming industry or for game industry vets who wish to spread their wings and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of systems and tasks.

Whilst a history within the video games industry is preferred, it is not a requirement and we will consider recent graduates. However, a love of games will definitely help!

Contract Type:
Various - full time employment or up to six months short-term contract.

Other Benefits:
We are located in London Bridge and are flexible with the number of hours required in the office. We will also support some amount of home working.

We strongly encourage the creativity of our team and are looking to identify internal talent to take the lead on future games.
As we are a small team there will be excellent opportunities for promotion and experience of other areas of business.

We regularly send delegations to the various Games Conferences around the world (San Francisco, Tokyo, Leipzig, Lyon etc) and there will be the opportunity to be part of these delegations.

Salary:
20 – 30k DOE

Closing Date for Applications:
21st March

Please send all CVs to Mark – mark@introversion.co.uk
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:36 pm

do you think you could possibly wait 4 years until I've done a comp-sci degree? ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:12 pm

I know BASIC And not none of that stupid "Visual" BASIC, neither. BASIC like G-d intended, back in the good old days. How's that?

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm

xander wrote:I know BASIC And not none of that stupid "Visual" BASIC, neither. BASIC like G-d intended, back in the good old days. How's that?

xander

for Introversions purposes, that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:18 pm

martin wrote:
xander wrote:I know BASIC And not none of that stupid "Visual" BASIC, neither. BASIC like G-d intended, back in the good old days. How's that?

xander

for Introversions purposes, that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot ;)

Ahh, but I'd wager that being able to make a cup of tea is essential for this job, ergo while a chocolate teapot won't be handy, a real one will be required. ;)

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey, I can make tea! And coffee, too!

Also: link.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Wow. people who post here want to help so much that it's unbelievable. ...ZzZz...
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:18 pm

For your information, we are here because we greatly enjoy the company, its people, and their games. You don't, which raises the question of why you are even here.

Back on topic, I have at least six years to go before I've got a degree... which is a bit outside the time frame. :(

Shwart!!
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Hey! I'm only two months away of a degree!

... On a completely different area :cry:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Re: IV looking for talented programmers!

Postby Montyphy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:45 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
vic wrote:We regularly send delegations to the various Games Conferences around the world (San Francisco, Tokyo, Leipzig, Lyon etc) and there will be the opportunity to be part of these delegations.

Well, fuck me. :wink:

I think you're going to need to be a tad bit more charming if you'd like some action with vic.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Yo' momma is a weak joke
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 pm

martin wrote:do you think you could possibly wait 4 years until I've done a comp-sci degree? ;)
4 years later, and you might have looked (and probably winced) at OpenGL, and maybe even gone "Why won't this work?! Why didn't the libraries come with this in the first place?! Why do I have to build them?!" with OpenSceneGraph. At least, that's my complete experience of anything resembling C++.

Just saying you might want to learn C++ independently from the course.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 pm

What a terrific opportunity for someone.

I remember staying up into the wee small hours trying to program my C64 and then AMIGA in the hope of getting into games but it never came to anything...I even pitched a few AMIGA demos to Dave Jones of DMA...he was very nice but I'm still waiting on a callback.

BTW if you get to San Francisco, Baker Beach is a nice spot to relax...if you don't mind nudity :wink:

shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:19 am

ynbniar wrote:...if you don't mind nudity :wink:
Who does? :P
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:35 am

I do, and I'm sure we could find at least one other person here who would, though I don't know who that other person would be.

Shwart!!

Return to “Introversion News”