Had you visited a haunted place in your city?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
ChileanSuperpower
level2
level2

Had you visited a haunted place in your city?

Postby ChileanSuperpower » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:17 pm

i visited an abandoned prision in the district "La Dehesa", that was a one of the worst political prisioner's prision where many tortures and in the landslide caused by a flood in 1984 buried alive 50 prisioners killing them at once plus with 2 prision guards. In that prision exists many places that are heavily haunted like the solitary confinement, the cell block B (the first cell block that was hit by the landslide,killing 30 prisioners that was crushed by the walls, rocks and even heavy objets like huge concrete pieces), the room also known like the torture chamber 3, the main chamber where happened tortures with electricity, sometimes the victims was beaten to death and more.... is a place known by screams, crying noices, vomiting noices that can be heard at night
Grandstone
level2
level2

Postby Grandstone » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Where is that? Fairly close or a few hours out?

When I was twelve or eleven or so, I went to summer camp at a place where there was a decrepit brick building set off aside from the main campgrounds and locked with chains and a padlock. It was small and had a green slanted roof with a little gable on top. The windows inside were high and dark. If you looked in, the best you could see were cobwebs and wooden rafters We all wondered what was inside the building, and absent a response we all assumed it was locked up because some evil ghost was inside. Ah, youth.

As far as actually creepy places where I'm from, I've heard that the Danvers State Hospital, a formerly abandoned mental hospital, used to be a really creepy place to be. I don't know if it was actually haunted--but that land is now closed down and presumably will soon be under development.

EDIT: They've torn down a few of the buildings and they're building apartments and condos and such.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 am

I guess I would have to answer yes since I go to university in York, which is apparently the world's most haunted city, and as such, I have most likely visited all the haunted sites.

Also, I use to live literally opposite one of the 'Magnificent Seven' cemeteries in a pub that was built around about the same time the cemetery was established so grew up being told of many local ghost stories. Around Halloween as a child, it became a family tradition to climb through a break in the fence into the cemetery after it would close at night and wonder about with flashlights telling scary stories and even climbing into some of the graves/tombs/mausoleum/monuments.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:52 am

They set up a haunted house next to the Children's Museum every halloween, but I've never been to it. But it's probably haunted for real.

wwarnick
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:25 am

I have yet to see proof for the existence of ghosts.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:19 pm

Rkiver wrote:I have yet to see proof for the existence of ghosts.

Or any evidence, for that matter.

xander
ChileanSuperpower
level2
level2

Postby ChileanSuperpower » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Grandstone wrote:Where is that? Fairly close or a few hours out?

When I was twelve or eleven or so, I went to summer camp at a place where there was a decrepit brick building set off aside from the main campgrounds and locked with chains and a padlock. It was small and had a green slanted roof with a little gable on top. The windows inside were high and dark. If you looked in, the best you could see were cobwebs and wooden rafters We all wondered what was inside the building, and absent a response we all assumed it was locked up because some evil ghost was inside. Ah, youth.

As far as actually creepy places where I'm from, I've heard that the Danvers State Hospital, a formerly abandoned mental hospital, used to be a really creepy place to be. I don't know if it was actually haunted--but that land is now closed down and presumably will soon be under development.

EDIT: They've torn down a few of the buildings and they're building apartments and condos and such.

exactly almost 40 minutes by car and bus, 1 hour by walking
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:42 pm

xander wrote:
Rkiver wrote:I have yet to see proof for the existence of ghosts.

Or any evidence, for that matter.

xander

The closest I've come to evidence was as a child while living in the before mentioned pub and witnessing the glass of a picture frame I was staring at crack without there being any visible reason for it happening. I'm not saying that actually was a supernatural occurrence or evidence since it could possibly be explained by the frame being so old that age had caused it to shrink and put pressure on the glass, but it did certainly spook me at the time.
Awaits a remark along the lines of 'you're so ugly when you look in a mirror it breaks'
Personally, I keep an open mind to it as being a possibility but will only truly believe when I see it.

shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:53 pm

Montyphy wrote:Awaits a remark along the lines of 'you're so ugly when you look in a mirror it breaks'

Yo' momma's haunted.

am i doin it rite?
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:04 pm

shinygerbil wrote:am i doin it rite?

tats wot yo momma sed

All American Mobster
level4
level4

Postby All American Mobster » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Sci-Fi channel Ghost Hunters, all set up, or real? Or dont particulary care?

-$tanley
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 pm

All American Mobster wrote:Sci-Fi channel Ghost Hunters, all set up, or real? Or dont particulary care?

I choose option D) I have no idea what you're talking about, but I don't particularly care anyway. :wink:
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 am

Montyphy wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:am i doin it rite?

tats wot yo momma sed

no ur momma
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.

ChileanSuperpower
level2
level2

Postby ChileanSuperpower » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am

Far away to where i live a haunted place is a warehouse, many years ago when this area was a countryside that warehouse was a granery where a according to the leyend a farmer died in an accident falling from the roof by the curse of a gitan old woman that had some troubles with the farmer about a terrain rent. That happened in the 60'.
The warehouse in property of a supermarket where the trucks cames to deliver merchadinse and that ghost has been spoten late at night, walking around inside the warehouse ....what the people belives, eh? i don't belive that shit, i am agree that the warehouse are spooky at the sunset and night but nothing interesting
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:56 am

Hey, if Leprechauns are real, anything can be real.

wwarnick

Return to “Introversion Lounge”