Download manager help

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
the white raven
level1
level1

Download manager help

Postby the white raven » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:52 pm

hi

i am think about getting a download manager to download a game (the download is 2gbs) and i was wondering after installation what changes will take place spacificly what will happen to our old way of downloading files (the default internet explorer way), how hard would it be to set it back to normal if i decide that i don't need it any more, and how would i go about this

the downloadmanger i am looking at getting is Free download manager

thanks
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Had you not made other posts, I'd have assumed this was spam...
There are 2 general types of download managers - ones which act as plugins, whereby they take over from the ordinary download prompt, and ones which act as separate programs where you input the URL of the file you wish to download. Most of the former can function as the latter with a change of preferences. Any non-shite download manager should set everything back to normal on uninstall.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:10 pm

You can also edit the settings pretty easily. I've only used a few different managers (FDM being one of them), but I found a website that compared all the major ones and LeechGet came out on top. Fortunately, LeechGet is free sans spyware, just like FDM.

wwarnick

Return to “Introversion Lounge”