GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri May 04, 2007 9:30 am

That's the one. FTW has also gained popularity due to it's similarily with WTF, of course.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri May 04, 2007 4:06 pm

Trident wrote:oh yeah your from Arizona, so you probably don't know what a perimeter drain is. Trackhoe/Bobcat Combo?? do you mean an excavator with a dozer blade? or is that one of those silly Bobcat attachments, if so let me tell you there no good for any real work.

The combo isa meathod we use for swimming pool excavation when the access is too narrow to back a dump truck into the yard, but wide enough to allow a trackhoe. The trackhoe does the digging (since it's much faster allowing more pools to be dug and more money made), while a Bobcat shuttles the dirt from the yard to the truck (since we thus use both we call it a combo). You are also correct in guessing that I don't know what a perimeter drain is.
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Sat May 05, 2007 3:11 am

ahhhhh.... ok now i understand what you meant. You must need a pretty large Bobcat to load a dumptruck though.
In more temperate climates, a perimeter drain is needed to keep rain water from pooling up around the foundation of a house and flooding the basement. It's basically a perforated plastic pipe buried in gravel that surrounds a home just in front of the foundation footing and is sloped into either storm drains or irrigated into the lawn. This pipe is also know as a 'weeping tile'.
you don't always have to go that deep but, digging a trench for one, after the foundation has already been back filled, requires a fairly narrow bucket and since you have to completely encircle the building a large machine can often not fit between the neighbor's house.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”