GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Trident wrote:"Speed Skating, the fastest a human can travel under there own power" to quote the Guiness Book of World Records.

Well it's provably false no matter the source. In any event last time I checked speed skating wasn't hockey, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:02 pm

Actually, skydiving is the fastest.

wwarnick
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:06 pm

wwarnick wrote:Actually, skydiving is the fastest.

wwarnick

That does depend on if we are counting gravity propelled movement to be under your own power.
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:51 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:
Trident wrote:"Speed Skating, the fastest a human can travel under there own power" to quote the Guiness Book of World Records.

Well it's provably false no matter the source. In any event last time I checked speed skating wasn't hockey, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

well if an expert like you says so then it must be true :wink:

Anyways.. lets get back to the point we all agree on, hockey is the most physically demanding team sport in the world.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:10 pm

wwarnick wrote:Actually, skydiving is the fastest.

wwarnick

I just don't understand why someone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane... It makes no sense!

xander

EDIT:
Trident wrote:Anyways.. lets get back to the point we all agree on, hockey is the most physically demanding team sport in the world.

I don't think that is something that we all agree on. I would think that water polo would be more physically demanding. Rugby, too, perhaps. If I sat down and thought about it for a while, I am sure that I could come up with more physically demanding team sports.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 pm

Hockey, Rugby, Football... Pfft! I would say that marriage is the most demanding team sport ever created. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:16 pm

Trident wrote:well if an expert like you says so then it must be true :wink:

Quite. It is provably false though, cyclist have been clocked going faster than any skater on a flat course. Since the bicycles they were riding had no motor and they were riding on a flat course, the bikes were completely powered by the rider. The gears on the bike only serve to change the ratio of the pedal rotation to the wheel rotation. It doesn't magically boost the power of the rider in any way though. The rider is still providing all the power.

Trident wrote:Anyways.. lets get back to the point we all agree on, hockey is the most physically demanding team sport in the world.

That could definitely be debated.
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:25 pm

So where all in agreement then...
Whatever... quite frankly i'm growing tired of this silly argument. If posting this topic has proved to me one thing, it is how devoid this community is of hockey fans, sports fans, and Canadians (i'm thinking of changing my name to the Lonely Canuck). Also the amount of time and effort you devote to your 'witty' responses astounds me.
The moral of the story is, you all need to get out more. There is some worderfull experiences to be had in that big scary place called 'the outdoors'.
Last edited by Trident on Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Trident wrote:Whatever... quite frankly I'm growing tired of this silly argument. If posting this topic has proved to me one thing, it is how devoid this community is of hockey fans, sports fans, and Canadians (I'm thinking of changing my name to the Lonely Canuck). Also the amount of time and effort you devote to your 'witty' responses astounds me.
The moral of the story is, you all need to get out more. There is some wonderful experiences to be had in that big scary place called 'the outdoors'.

Ace Rimmer, a few minutes ago, wrote:Hockey, Rugby, Football... Pfft! I would say that marriage is the most demanding team sport ever created. :wink:
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:30 pm

Trident wrote:Also the amount of time and effort you devote to your 'witty' responses astounds me.

And how do you know how much time any of us spend on these posts?

Trident wrote:The moral of the story is, you all need to get out more. There is some worderfull experiences to be had in that big scary place called 'the outdoors'.

Ah, if all else fails turn to insults. . . How. . . juvenile.

I'm actually a great fan of the outdoors and sports as it happens. I love hiking, sailing, skiing (both water and snow), rafting, etc. I also enjoy watching all kinds of sports. I even make it to NHL games occasionally. Imagine that. . .
Last edited by Stewsburntmonkey on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:Ah, if all else fails turn to insults. . . How. . . juvenile.

oh all else has not failed i still remain adamant in my point. I just don't care enough to actually research the subject, i have a life.

::EDIT::
Stewsburntmonkey wrote:And how do you know how much time any of use spend on these posts?

HUH??? i guess not enough on that one.
Last edited by Trident on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:39 pm

Trident wrote:::EDIT::
Stewsburntmonkey wrote:And how do you know how much time any of use spend on these posts?

HUH???

. . .any of us. . .
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:02 am

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:
Trident wrote:Also the amount of time and effort you devote to your 'witty' responses astounds me.

And how do you know how much time any of us spend on these posts?

Well, I could grep the logs for your POST time and then backtrack to your GET to the posting.php page, but by god that would be too much effort and spoil a perfectly valid point :D

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:I even make it to NHL games occasionally. Imagine that. . .

Hmm. Islanders fan?

Anyway, back on topic. This is the year of the Anaheim Ducks. First in their division, and currently winning their quaterfinals series 1 - 0 with a game tonight. If I were a betting person, this would be my choice :)

NeoThermic
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm not even entirely sure what sport they appear to have won.

Also I think Rugby has got to be one of the most demanding sports, as it is American football practically, but without protection.
And football or soccer as you call it, is the king of sports :P Definatley the most popular sport in the UK, if not in Europe. Then I'd guess Rugby. Both good sports, though I prefer football as there isn't a set rhythm like there is to Rugby, as it tends to do the same thing until there is a mistake.
I find football to be faster and more spectacular, but eh, just my opinion. :wink:
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:45 am

Well, that settles it then: those involved in an alcohol producer's revenue-raising exercise must know what they're talking about.

EDIT: Aaaargh. Misspelt 'exercise'.
Last edited by KingAl on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”