Darwinia Vista version released

The forum with all your Introversion News!
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:31 pm

deltantor wrote:i was one of the vista beta testers, of RC3, and it was horrid, it had some cool features but personally i will never touch vista again....

Vista never went to RC3....

NeoThermic
deltantor
level2
level2

Postby deltantor » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:21 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
deltantor wrote:i was one of the vista beta testers, of RC3, and it was horrid, it had some cool features but personally i will never touch vista again....

NeoThermic

yes it did, it was a 12 hour beta before vista was finally released, to help clean out the remaining bugs, a NDA pretty much keeps me from saying anything else, sorry
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:26 pm

I call bullshit on deltantor.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:17 am

deltantor wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

yes it did, it was a 12 hour beta before vista was finally released, to help clean out the remaining bugs, a NDA pretty much keeps me from saying anything else, sorry

No, there really wasn't. Unless it was a quick private build. Then it doesn't matter; you wouldn't have been in that.
deltantor
level2
level2

Postby deltantor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:21 am

RabidZombie wrote:
deltantor wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

No, there really wasn't. Unless it was a quick private build. Then it doesn't matter; you wouldn't have been in that.

how would you know what i would be in? If it wasn't for a NDA i would explain it to you, but ive already been emailed by someone here to shut up.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:27 am

Hunch :roll:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:49 am

deltantor wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:
deltantor wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

how would you know what i would be in? If it wasn't for a NDA i would explain it to you, but ive already been emailed by someone here to shut up.

Handy that, when someone proves you wrong, you get an e-mail to shut up. Anyway, MS NDA's are not self-covering, so if you really did sign an NDA, you're legally able to post a copy of the NDA for us to read. Else I'll still assert that Vista did not go to RC3. The last OS from MS that hit RC3 was 2k, which went as far as RC4 before RTM.

NeoThermic
deltantor
level2
level2

Postby deltantor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:53 am

RabidZombie wrote:Hunch :roll:

heheh, ill try not to get overly offensive :P. Microsoft wanted a teenager's view on how good vista is, although I'm not your average teenager....they had 3 or 4 teenagers i know of, me, and other people try it out during a 12 hour test....all i got out of it though was some microsoft points, that i spent on the first 2 seasons of Babylon 5 for my 360...

edit: really NeoThermic? k, well heres a small bit of it

IN CONSIDERATION OF THE MUTUAL PROMISES AND COVENANTS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT
AND THE DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, THE PARTIES HERETO AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Definition of Confidential Information and Exclusions.
(a) "Confidential Information" means nonpublic information that Microsoft designates as being confidential or which,
under the circumstances surrounding disclosure ought to be treated as confidential by Recipient. "Confidential Information"
includes, without limitation, information in tangible or intangible form relating to and/or including released or unreleased
Microsoft software or hardware products, the marketing or promotion of any Microsoft product, Microsoft's business policies or
practices, and information received from others that Microsoft is obligated to treat as confidential. Except as otherwise indicated
in this Agreement, “Microsoft” also includes all Affiliates of Microsoft and, except as otherwise indicated, the term “Recipient”
also includes all Affiliates of the Recipient. An “Affiliate” means any person, partnership, joint venture, corporation or other
form of enterprise, domestic or foreign, including but not limited to subsidiaries, that directly or indirectly, control, are controlled
by, or are under common control with a party.
(b) Confidential Information shall not include any information, however designated, that: (i) is or subsequently becomes
publicly available without Recipient's breach of any obligation owed to Microsoft; (ii) became known to Recipient prior to
Microsoft’s disclosure of such information to Recipient pursuant to the terms of this Agreement; (iii) became known to Recipient
from a source other than Microsoft other than by the breach of an obligation of confidentiality owed to Microsoft; (iv) is
independently developed by Recipient; or (v) constitutes Feedback (as defined in Section 5).
2. Obligations Regarding Confidential Information
(a) Recipient shall:
(i) Refrain from disclosing any Confidential Information to third parties for five (5) years following the date that
Microsoft first discloses such Confidential Information to Recipient, except as expressly provided in Sections
2(b) and 2(c) of this Agreement;
(ii) Take reasonable security precautions, at least as great as the precautions it takes to protect its own confidential
information, but no less than reasonable care, to keep confidential the Confidential Information;
(iii) Refrain from disclosing, reproducing, summarizing and/or distributing Confidential Information except in
pursuance of Recipient's business relationship with Microsoft, and only as otherwise provided hereunder; and
(iv) Refrain from reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any software code and/or pre-release
hardware devices disclosed by Microsoft to Recipient under the terms of this Agreement, except as expressly
permitted by applicable law.
(b) Recipient may disclose Confidential Information in accordance with a judicial or other governmental order, provided
that Recipient either (i) gives the undersigned Microsoft representative reasonable notice prior to such disclosure to allow
Microsoft a reasonable opportunity to seek a protective order or equivalent, or (ii) obtains written assurance from the applicable
judicial or governmental entity that it will afford the Confidential Information the highest level of protection afforded under
applicable law or regulation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Recipient shall not disclose any computer source code that contains
Confidential Information in accordance with a judicial or other governmental order unless it complies with the requirement set
forth in sub-section (i) of this Section 2(b).
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 am

deltantor wrote:

heheh, ill try not to get overly offensive :P. Microsoft wanted a teenager's view on how good vista is, although I'm not your average teenager....they had 3 or 4 teenagers i know of, me, and other people try it out during a 12 hour test....all i got out of it though was some microsoft points, that i spent on the first 2 seasons of Babylon 5 for my 360...

See, now the story is changing. QA and usability testing would be done during beta at latest, assuming that you don't black/grey/whitebox it while development (which would be silly and I know MS does black/white/grey box testing). This in no way would translate or nessecitate an RC3. If you were hired by MS for UA testing, then you would of done so way before Vista was even fully named.

NeoThermic
deltantor
level2
level2

Postby deltantor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 am

NeoThermic wrote:
deltantor wrote:

See, now the story is changing. QA and usability testing would be done during beta at latest, assuming that you don't black/grey/whitebox it while development (which would be silly and I know MS does black/white/grey box testing). This in no way would translate or nessecitate an RC3. If you were hired by MS for UA testing, then you would of done so way before Vista was even fully named.

NeoThermic

hey, microsoft is weird....and in all reality i shouldnt of said RC3, wouldve been more accurate saying the "final" version....sorry for that mistake >_>
BrianBlessed
level4
level4

Postby BrianBlessed » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 am

What confuses me more is why you assume he was lying, it's not as if testing Vista is in of itself amazing, I mean if you are going to lie say you tested a Bugatti Veron or an infrared boat or something...
deltantor
level2
level2

Postby deltantor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:06 am

BrianBlessed wrote:What confuses me more is why you assume he was lying, it's not as if testing Vista is in of itself amazing, I mean if you are going to lie say you tested a Bugatti Veron or an infrared boat or something...

anyways, thanks, i guess. all the testing really was was me sitting there just doing basic tasks, trying to use a few different vid cards out of my old collection (btw, a Voodoo2 in SLI does NOT like vista, in any way whatsoever.) and a few sound cards (Adlib Gold anyone?)
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:20 am

BrianBlessed wrote:What confuses me more is why you assume he was lying, it's not as if testing Vista is in of itself amazing, I mean if you are going to lie say you tested a Bugatti Veron or an infrared boat or something...

I got twigged on the whole 'RC3' bit. It's like saying I tested a real lightsaber or teleportation machine.

NeoThermic
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:23 am

Huh? I did. Does that make me a liar?

Also, its nice that you were selected for a nice little test of Vista. IYO, is it worth getting?

Shwart!!
BrianBlessed
level4
level4

Postby BrianBlessed » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:38 pm

NeoThermic wrote:I got twigged on the whole 'RC3' bit. It's like saying I tested a real lightsaber or teleportation machine.

Well it's nothing like that really, because a lightsaber and a teleporter would breach and go beyond what is currently known by physics (unless by lightsaber you mean laser pen and by teleportation machine you mean the scientists which teleported one atom). Whereas RC3 is just unusual protocol for Microsoft.

Return to “Introversion News”