Defcon? Darwinia? Uplink?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

Which do you like the best?

Defcon
32%
Darwinia
32%
Uplink
36%

Total votes: 44
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:51 pm

Xocrates wrote:
xander wrote:In fact, I do disagree with you with respect to Defcon -- I don't find it limited any more than I find chess limited. You have limited resources, and have to make do with them.

And I agree with you here!

I meant limited for a computer game (and undoubtebly, the more limited of the three), yet I pointed out that is probably the most replayable. Just like chess :wink:

Ah. I see. Never mind then. We are in agreement.

xander
Lord Ovrkill
level2
level2

Postby Lord Ovrkill » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:58 pm

Hmmmmm, I have had to think about this one for sometime before I could answer. All three games are really cool. I don’t think I have a favorite; each game has an aspect that makes it my favorite in a particular mood.

Uplink: Being Introversion’s first game holds a special place in my heart, it’s a great game and always good when all you want to do is sit and have some fun creating mass panic in the cyber world.

Darwinia: I love this game for its graphics and think that IV hit the nail on the head with the retro look to the game. I am a big fan of this game and play it when I am feeling like having fun.

Defcon: Well what can I say everyone dies… aside from that fact, Defcon offers something that is quite astounding to me, the music, the guys at IV again picking some really great music, infact the GF is thinking about writing a university essay on the effects of music in gaming and using Defcon in her research.

SO I think I would be forced to move towards uplink, this game placed introversion out there as a games development company and from this they have been able to produce Defcon and Darwinia. So yeah I don’t know what else to say.
Without a whisper,
Without a trace
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:10 pm

Uplink gets my vote. Darwinia, while good, was nothing on Uplink. Defcon comes close, but Uplink will always be first.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:34 pm

Uplink was cool, Darwinia was awesome, and Defcon just didn't do it for me. Perhaps it's because I can't think quickly enough to formulate and implement a strategy.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:38 am

I find the best way to add replayability to Uplink is to set personal limits - upper CPU/modem speed, no bypassers and the like. It helps to keep the adrenaline rush that you get initially.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”