New Introversion Game

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:43 pm

Digital living Nukes!

...and Hacking! :lol:
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:44 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Aliens are trying to take over the US by hacking its systems with their digital life and launching nukes at everyone else and double posting!!11"12!!21!2"!!"

Fixed :P

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:03 pm

"If you can't do noob properly, just click submit twice within 15 seconds of each other." - New motto.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:46 pm

Oh lovely. Intelligent bombs.

Why does that sound familiar?

hehe... a crossover of all three games previously. Darwinians in nuclear warfare with hackers commanding each of the factions.
Renegatus
level1
level1

Postby Renegatus » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:08 am

Neanderthal table tennis, anyone?

Rockstar gave it a go.
the_redstar_swl
level2
level2
Location: Bravo, Five, Delta, Authenticate Launch Codes: Zulu, Oscar, Delta, Nine, Fiver, Three, Gamma...

Postby the_redstar_swl » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:03 am

Kuth wrote:Oh lovely. Intelligent bombs.

Why does that sound familiar?

hehe... a crossover of all three games previously. Darwinians in nuclear warfare with hackers commanding each of the factions.

A old Carpenter film I think.

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:48 am

We've gone form the there's a rumour of "Updefwinia" to "Government Conspiracies" to "touch typing" to "Syndicate Making a come back" back to "Updefwinia". The circle is now complete. When I met you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.

I'm a part of the Government Conspiracy. We've been monitoring IV, we believe that they will attempt to take over the world first by hacking every computer then delopy the Darwinia virus, through the the trunk ports of the world to launch WW3. They will be stopped........

My personal guess is you're a hacker that comes across the Red darwinia's and you've got to prevent them from starting WW3. if you can't stop them by hacking their Red overtaken servers, then you'll have to fight them in Darwinia space, if you have lost the Hacker War and the Darwinian War, then you go to World War 3.

My second guess is either a Nice game of Chess, with Darwinian pieces, or IV are going to re-write Tic-tac-toe.
Rock
level2
level2

Postby Rock » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:27 am

desktopsimmer wrote:We've gone form the there's a rumour of "Updefwinia" to "Government Conspiracies" to "touch typing" to "Syndicate Making a come back" back to "Updefwinia". The circle is now complete. When I met you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.

I'm a part of the Government Conspiracy. We've been monitoring IV, we believe that they will attempt to take over the world first by hacking every computer then delopy the Darwinia virus, through the the trunk ports of the world to launch WW3. They will be stopped........

My personal guess is you're a hacker that comes across the Red darwinia's and you've got to prevent them from starting WW3. if you can't stop them by hacking their Red overtaken servers, then you'll have to fight them in Darwinia space, if you have lost the Hacker War and the Darwinian War, then you go to World War 3.

My second guess is either a Nice game of Chess, with Darwinian pieces, or IV are going to re-write Tic-tac-toe.

He knows too much! Call the local authorities! And a pig!
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:24 am

/me kicks rock.

/me waits.
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:32 am

Rock wrote:
He knows too much! Call the local authorities! And a pig!

We know all! We are all the local authorities. We created you........

However, we have the pig already, a goat/sheep/cow would be nice, erm, to cut the grass for us :)
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 pm

The next game is uplink 2.
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:16 pm

If you think about it, in Darwinia you were still the Uplink agent. The last level gives it away. Both Darwinia and Defcon were servers in Uplink. Chris said the next game would follow the pattern set by the past games. So either updefwinia is another Uplink server, or it's Uplink 2. And if updefwinia is to bring the three together while still following the pattern, Uplink 2 is really the only possibility. Any other ideas?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:23 pm

wwarnick wrote:The last level gives it away.

How do you figure? It seems to me that, throughout Darwinia, you are anonymous. Several people on the forums have speculated that the spam virus was Revelation (personally, I like that idea), but it is never explicitly stated. Furthermore, Darwinia seems to take place in the here-and-now, not 2010, which is when Uplink takes place, which takes away from the idea that Darwinia takes place in the Uplink universe. As to Defcon taking place in the Uplink universe, I really don't agree on that one. The maps are all Cold War style -- Germany is divided &c. Long before Uplink.

xander
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:49 am

Disclaimer: This isnt the "official" word on these issues. There is no official word. It's just my opinions.

Warning : Darwinia and Uplink plot spoilers below.

Firstly I don't think the virus that invades Darwinia is Revelation. The virus is clearly explained by Dr Sepulveda as being some infected spam mail, which is far too primitive for the Revelation virus. Infeced spam mail never threatened the existence of the net. Also, the Revelation virus is launched and takes down the internet in just a few hours - what are the odds of the Darwinians making contact with Sepulveda at that exact moment? Not high. Too much of a coincidence for my liking. Not to mention the fact that Uplink is set in 2010, and Darwinia is set now.

The idea I like much better is that the Revelation virus is based on Darwinia. Although the Darwinians defeat the virus in the game, ive always thought of it as "taming" the virus and gaining control over it, rather than totally wiping it out (which is probably impossible given its nature - Darwinia has been permanently infected and changed by the virus). There is a clear special mission in Uplink where research data is stolen from Darwin Research Associates - I believe this is the point where the hackers of 2010 break into Sepulveda's computers and steal the red virus code, which has been mutating and hardening up against the Darwinians for years and years, and Revelation is based on that. Can't quite remember but the Uplink mission description mentions wanting the Darwin research data for its ability to spread and multiply fast on the Internet - not for its destructive power, and this fits with the behaviour of the red virus from Darwinia.

Finally, why does everyone call the 4th game UpDefWinia? I understand the reference, but the actual name has already been announced, and personally I think its a much much cooler name :)

I love the fact ive posted this in some random topic that most people won't even read, hehe
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:59 am

Huzzah! I will now take this as gospel! ;D

Obviously, your ideas make sense, as, well, they're yours.

So could the Faith software have been modelled off the DGs? I doubt that it's the case but it would be interesting to see what happens if/when they did get let out into the wider world.

edit: didn't finish post..
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”