Defcon has GONE GOLD!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
timonator
level2
level2

Postby timonator » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:54 pm

on the linuxtag last year there was a robot that solved "solitaere" or what that game is called (with the marbles where you have one marble jump over another one in order to remove it) programmed in Forth...
Nadorst
level0

Postby Nadorst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:What? A Dutch game magazine reviewing IV's stuff? Which one?

Jelco

PS: I found ONE Power Unlimited review of Darwinia the other day, none of the others even knew the name...
He might mean the one-page preview in the september 06 issue of "PCgameplay"... It's a Flemish (Belgian) magazine in fact! That's where I discovered Defcon too :wink:

The website: http://www.pcgameplay.com/ -> as you can see they will have a review in their october issue on sale on the 29th of september :wink:
Seal9
level1
level1

Postby Seal9 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:19 am

Nadorst wrote:
jelco the galactaboy wrote:What? A Dutch game magazine reviewing IV's stuff? Which one?

Jelco

PS: I found ONE Power Unlimited review of Darwinia the other day, none of the others even knew the name...
He might mean the one-page preview in the september 06 issue of "PCgameplay"... It's a Flemish (Belgian) magazine in fact! That's where I discovered Defcon too :wink:

The website: http://www.pcgameplay.com/ -> as you can see they will have a review in their october issue on sale on the 29th of september :wink:

It was indeed the PCGameplay magazine and yes you are correct. Its a Belgian magazin :).
And yes it was just a one page preview but I was allready hooked after it :)
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:27 am

Heh, I was talking to one of their reviewers....
KingAl
level5
level5

Re: Defcon has GONE GOLD!

Postby KingAl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:33 pm

Chris wrote: like a big red button that we can press, that sets everything into motion while fireworks go off out the window and a live orchestra plays the 1812 Overture.

You must be thinking of Japanese toilets.

Mas Tnega wrote:That wouldn't be very innovative.

What do you mean? No one else has done a remake of Uplink!

And Wasgood - a fellow Australian?
Nadorst
level0

Postby Nadorst » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:48 pm

Seal9 wrote:
Nadorst wrote:

Jelco

It was indeed the PCGameplay magazine and yes you are correct. Its a Belgian magazin :).
And yes it was just a one page preview but I was allready hooked after it :)

It's out, just bought it: DEFCON gets 86/100!
contex|LiNK
level0

Postby contex|LiNK » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:13 pm

Well, I will be very happy. Tomorrow at 6pm would be a nice time to download and play this game here in Germany! Yeah we're also here ;)
So congratulations for producing a game which took place in one movie *forgot the name* but whatever ... NICE GAME !!!

Peace
ButtSpasm
level0

Postby ButtSpasm » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:32 pm

yeah well while you guys have to wait til 6 pm to get it i get it at noon.. and that is about the time i wake up... so.... that works great for me. cheers for being in a land that is -600 GMT.

btw gg IV.. i can't wait.
Tookie
level2
level2

Postby Tookie » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:26 pm

I've been trying to spread the word as much as i can about this game. I think you guys may have a few more customers!
"Trust is a tough thing to come by"
- R.J. Macready
timonator
level2
level2

Postby timonator » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:31 pm

the people i told about defcon were all like "oh, this is another timo-game, eh?" (and thought "will he ever go fuck himself or die or anything?")
Tookie
level2
level2

Postby Tookie » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Why is it so hard to get people to play STRATEGY GAMES??????? Why does everyone have to play FPS? They are almost all the same. I like Fps as well, but I need a good strategy game from time to time. please guys tell your friends about this one. I know they will all love defcon.
"Trust is a tough thing to come by"

- R.J. Macready
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:18 pm

Actually, I usuAlly hate RTS games, but there IS something special about DefCon.
Seal9
level1
level1

Postby Seal9 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:30 am

timonator wrote:the people i told about defcon were all like "oh, this is another timo-game, eh?" (and thought "will he ever go fuck himself or die or anything?")

I also told a lot of guys but they were like, oh this will get boring soon I guess.
Grrrrr just play it first and then judge :).
JpnFfantasy
level1
level1

Postby JpnFfantasy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:22 am

man it feels so far ahead.
rowenlemmings
level1
level1

Postby rowenlemmings » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:23 am

I hooked two of my friends on the hype and got them both to pre-order it with me =).

I R Corporate Sheep.
=- Rowen
=-
=- || No, I won't fix your computer.

Return to “Introversion News”