DEFCON competition on Game Overdrive

The forum with all your Introversion News!
vic
level2
level2

DEFCON competition on Game Overdrive

Postby vic » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Dear all,

Just to inform you of a new DEFCON competition on http://www.game-overdrive.com/. Mission: to take a painting or photograph and adapt it to resemble a vision of nuclear winter.

For full game rules, instructions and prize details please visit the above homepage url.

Looking forward to seeing some entries from the IV community! :)

Vic
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:06 pm

Heh, the boxed copy is only available to Americans.

The Prize
We will be giving away three copies of Introversion Software's newest game, DEFCON. If you win, you will have the option of either choosing a digital copy, or a boxed copy (boxed copy available to Americans only).
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
recover
level1
level1

Postby recover » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:03 pm

That's too bad... even though I already have pre-ordered the game it would be nice to compete...
Btw, your avatar is creepy ;) (changes image each refresh)
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:41 pm

recover wrote:That's too bad... even though I already have pre-ordered the game it would be nice to compete...
Btw, your avatar is creepy ;) (changes image each refresh)

Hmm, for some time I wondered why Montyphy's avatar had LEECHER written in big red letters. I guess it's probably my browser or firewall not sending referrer information, but the last time i tried, I couldn't find where was the problem. Probably will be weird when I see his real avatar: "Hey, who is this new guy?" :P
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:45 pm

What browser you using?

Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:48 pm

Firefox 1.5.07, but when i tried to use IE it didn't work, so it's probably Norton Internet Security. I've had problems with other sites that asked for referrer info before, and I had to change a few options in Norton IS to fix it. I'll figure it out later.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:50 pm

Most likely a privacy setting in Norton.

DanMattia
level0

Postby DanMattia » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Montyphy wrote:Heh, the boxed copy is only available to Americans.

The Prize
We will be giving away three copies of Introversion Software's newest game, DEFCON. If you win, you will have the option of either choosing a digital copy, or a boxed copy (boxed copy available to Americans only).

Unless Introversion ships the boxed copy/ies (I'll clear this up with Vicky tomorrow), we can only ship to American addresses due to safety and fees with shipping internationally. We'd love to ship all over the world, but it gets rather expensive to do so, and isn't very safe from our experiences.

I apologise for this.
--Dan Mattia--
Game Overdrive Founder/Owner
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:33 pm

DanMattia wrote:
Montyphy wrote:Heh, the boxed copy is only available to Americans.

The Prize

Unless Introversion ships the boxed copy/ies (I'll clear this up with Vicky tomorrow), we can only ship to American addresses due to safety and fees with shipping internationally. We'd love to ship all over the world, but it gets rather expensive to do so, and isn't very safe from our experiences.

I apologise for this.

No need to apologise, if you're making the effort to make this avalable to all, then you've got nothing to be sorry about. Just us non-americans hate seeing the "US & Canada" only compos with no real reason. :)

NeoThermic
DanMattia
level0

Postby DanMattia » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:35 pm

NeoThermic wrote:No need to apologise, if you're making the effort to make this avalable to all, then you've got nothing to be sorry about. Just us non-americans hate seeing the "US & Canada" only compos with no real reason. :)

NeoThermic

Heh, that I know. Our previous contest was US-only because the only prize was a boxed copy of a game, so I'm happy to offer this one as global.

Thanks for understanding :)
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:03 am

Montyphy wrote:Most likely a privacy setting in Norton.

Yeap, I can finally see your avatar. It's weird, since my mind still associates you with the leech pic. I guess it seemed to fit with (what I can see of) your sense of humor, so I didn't question it before people started commenting on it. :p
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Phelanpt wrote:

Yeap, I can finally see your avatar. It's weird, since my mind still associates you with the leech pic. I guess it seemed to fit with (what I can see of) your sense of humor, so I didn't question it before people started commenting on it. :p

You saying my humour is leeched from others? :P

Zarkow
level4
level4

Postby Zarkow » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:42 pm

Montyphy wrote:You saying my humour is leeched from others? :P

*waves hand*
"Yes. Yes he did. 3, 2, 1 - Fight!"
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:55 pm

Montyphy wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:

You saying my humour is leeched from others? :P

I actually can't remember what I was thinking when I posted that, but it made sense at the time. Something about sarcastic humour, and making fun of leechers. :roll:

I wonder if the treatment for humours was leeches.

Zarkow wrote:*waves hand*
"Yes. Yes he did. 3, 2, 1 - Fight!"

Montyphy wins. :?
vic
level2
level2

Postby vic » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:04 pm

Just a quick post to remind you that the DEFCON competition at Game-Overdrive is still running but for a limited time only until 20th October!

You can find it here: http://game-overdrive.com/site/modules/ ... oryid=1409

The brief: For this contest, take any painting or photograph of the outside world, and use whatever picture editing software you use to simulate nuclear winter. Extra points for the usage of well known art as the source image.

The prize will be a boxed copy of DEFCON - just to clarify this will be available for all participants not just those from the U.S!

Return to “Introversion News”