PC Format write about our visit

The forum with all your Introversion News!
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Moleculor wrote:Whew.

Now, where's that pre-order? Darwinia was available 45 days prior, and it's definitely less than that till the end of September. :P

I had a thought about this, but lets not forget that IV were in a bit of a state reguarding money before Darwinia's release, and thus they could of taken pre-orders to make sure they had enough cash to hit release date. I'm sure pre-orders will be ready soon :)

NeoThermic
User avatar
Hairy
level1
level1
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Cleanup, aisle five

Postby Hairy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:15 pm

Thing is, what if you pre-order now and then win on Xander's release date compo?

You'd have two copies. Thats what.

I guess you could just mount one on the wall as decoration though.... :?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:39 pm

Hairy wrote:Thing is, what if you pre-order now and then win on Xander's release date compo?

You'd have two copies. Thats what.

I guess you could just mount one on the wall as decoration though.... :?

Yeah, but one copy would be better than the other :)

xander
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:39 pm

<EDIT - it wont let me delete this damn post>
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
W31RD0
level3
level3
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Postby W31RD0 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:10 pm

hmm, I wouldn't find it, to be a very good idea, to hang a game on the wall. friends and family would most problably think you're either crazy, obsessed with a game, or you're having to much money, and I think number 1 and number 3 are the ones, most likely to occur, which is bad, since the real result is number 2. Besides, you just risk somebody steals it.

(Did that make sense, to anyone except me?)
It is great that war is so terrible... Otherwise, we may get to fond of it...
Quote from the WWII game "Call of Duty"...
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:57 pm

Montyphy wrote:<EDIT - it wont let me delete this damn post>


Montyphy fails.
Image

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:45 am

No, the forums fail since they wont let you delete a post from a thread if someone else happens to post within the same minute, even if they posted first. :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:48 am

Hairy wrote:Thing is, what if you pre-order now and then win on Xander's release date compo?

You'd have two copies. Thats what.

I guess you could just mount one on the wall as decoration though.... :?


I have two copies of Darwinia!

Didn't pay for either of them >_>
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:02 am

W31RD0 wrote:hmm, I wouldn't find it, to be a very good idea, to hang a game on the wall. friends and family would most problably think you're either crazy, obsessed with a game, or you're having to much money, and I think number 1 and number 3 are the ones, most likely to occur, which is bad, since the real result is number 2. Besides, you just risk somebody steals it.

(Did that make sense, to anyone except me?)

I understood it.
BTW: the real result is 1+2.
W31RD0
level3
level3
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Postby W31RD0 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:09 pm

the real result is 1+2.

well, that depends on how you define crazy. I meant, insane/mental patient. But if you're thinking crazy about the game, then you're right. but then again, 1+2 equals 3, which is the wrong answer. :lol:
It is great that war is so terrible... Otherwise, we may get to fond of it...

Quote from the WWII game "Call of Duty"...
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:42 pm

1 + 2 = 4, for sufficiently large values of 2


xander
User avatar
TheTubstar
level1
level1
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:45 pm
Location: Derby uni halls!
Contact:

Postby TheTubstar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:02 pm

Well considering that the value 1 is actually anything between 0.5 and 1.4999999 (recurring) to no decimal places, and that the value 2 is anything between 1.5 and 2.49999 (recurring) to no decimal places, 1+2 could equal anything between 2 (for sufficiently small values of 1 and 2) and 4 (for sufficiently large values of 1 and 2) after rounding to no decimal places! :P Therefore, applying this law to the law of release dates (the law being that any release date is rounded to the nearest day, and that the rounding is plus or minus anything up to a month) it means that, in theory, if Defcon followed the same pattern that Darwinia did (preorders 45 days before release) then the preorders could open anywhere between 75 and 15 days before release!! (Assuming that a month is 30 days)

A level maths. FINALLY it comes in handy!!
Yes, I am a smartass... At least, that's what it says on my CV....
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:07 pm

TheTubstar wrote:Well considering that the value 1 is actually anything between 0.5 and 1.4999999 (recurring) to no decimal places, and that the value 2 is anything between 1.5 and 2.49999 (recurring) to no decimal places, 1+2 could equal anything between 2 (for sufficiently small values of 1 and 2) and 4 (for sufficiently large values of 1 and 2) after rounding to no decimal places! :P Therefore, applying this law to the law of release dates (the law being that any release date is rounded to the nearest day, and that the rounding is plus or minus anything up to a month) it means that, in theory, if Defcon followed the same pattern that Darwinia did (preorders 45 days before release) then the preorders could open anywhere between 75 and 15 days before release!! (Assuming that a month is 30 days)

A level maths. FINALLY it comes in handy!!


You fail.

The number 2 is only a representation of a value; this value is arbitrary (and in our society mostly "2").
User avatar
TheTubstar
level1
level1
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:45 pm
Location: Derby uni halls!
Contact:

Postby TheTubstar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:11 pm

D'oh! Yes you're right, my apologies if I confused anyone! Though, remember that one if you want to screw with someone's head! Just check that they're not brilliant at maths 1st...
Yes, I am a smartass... At least, that's what it says on my CV....
User avatar
Avenged
level2
level2
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Over there.......

Postby Avenged » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:31 pm

Just to go back ON topic for one second...... if u dont mind :) The screenshots on the PC format blog look so different to the ones ive seen so far in all the previews. They must have come a hell of a long way in the last couple of months. Cant wait to actually play it!

Return to “Introversion News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests