New demo released!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Hendar23
level1
level1

Postby Hendar23 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:33 pm

Nice demo, but I managed to 'break' it. On seeing the greens dying on the launch pad, I went straight there from the word go and cleaned out the reds with multiple squads, leaving the few remaining greens to slowly capture the now vacant spawn points themselves (I had no access to officers at that point) Then I set about doing the rest of the level but when I had all the fuel pumps up and running again I got a cutscene telling me to now 'defeat the reds'. Not a biggy, but the perfectionist in me would sort that out, if it where my game....
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

Hendar23
Rowedekhelicon
level1
level1

Postby Rowedekhelicon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:40 pm

Yeah, I noticed the whole demo was like that. If you don't follow the directions exactly then it breaks easily. Since I knew what I was doing I did things very quickly and found myself having to backtrack just to get in synch with the script.
Fuerte
level0

Postby Fuerte » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:28 pm

Hello, I played through the demo and want to say thank you (to the developers), it was great. I am wondering if I should buy the full game via Steam, it is quite cheap, but the review in Finnish Pelit magazine said that the full game is quite short.

Also I am wondering, because I read that the level in the demo is not in the full game, and the demo level is after all full game levels, isn't it a bit odd? Of course it is good that I don't need to play the same level again if I buy the full version but still.

Again, I liked very much the visual appearance of the game. This game is unique. How about the modding, are there good mods around or coming soon? Because if the full game is short, there would still be something to play.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:45 am

The game has only ten levels BUT there are loads of MASSIVE mods, and the mod community is working hard at the moment.
xander has just bought out the insurrection mod.
Me and The_GoldFish are working togehter on THE BIG MOD (part one of which is released in MaintenanceSYS)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
capirex
level0

Postby capirex » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:31 am

Never heard of darwinia before steam, played the demo, bought the game..quality.
BearMan
level1
level1

Postby BearMan » Sun May 21, 2006 1:36 am

I just had to play the demo for the sake of it, and i absolutely love it!
Nice idea of putting it in the future with a sort of tease afterwards. If you want to know more buy the game.. etc.

Rowedekhelicon wrote:Yeah, I noticed the whole demo was like that. If you don't follow the directions exactly then it breaks easily. Since I knew what I was doing I did things very quickly and found myself having to backtrack just to get in synch with the script.

If you are new to the game that won´t happen, and that is what it is for. To attract new buyers.

Fuerte wrote:...said that the full game is quite short.

I for one never felt that way. The story is extremely well done and some of the levels can be quite difficult so it took me some time. And afterwards there were no feeling of "this game was too short".

Fuerte wrote:Also I am wondering, because I read that the level in the demo is not in the full game, and the demo level is after all full game levels, isn't it a bit odd? Of course it is good that I don't need to play the same level again if I buy the full version but still.

You can always download demo nr 1 which consists of a level from the game. Not in the same state as when it is in the full game mind you, but the map is the same as are the primary objectives.

Return to “Introversion News”