A good Avatar size for the forums?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

A good Avatar size for the forums?

80x80 is good enough.
8
36%
100x100, yes please, mate!
10
45%
I don't really care!
1
5%
I prefer signatures, you insensitive clod!
0
No votes
Ham sandwich
3
14%
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
trickfred
level5
level5
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:01 am
Location: The Great White North, Eh?
Contact:

A good Avatar size for the forums?

Postby trickfred » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:52 pm

Hey, NeoThermic (and everyone), wouldn't it be better to have a nice, round, even number like... oh, say, 100x100 for avatar size limit?

(There was a sixth option, 'Enemy Within Sucks!', but it didn't seem to make it into the poll. Odd, that. Maybe it's for the best. ;D)
Last edited by trickfred on Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:54 pm

I voted for 80x80 but wish I voted for 100x100.
Image

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
User avatar
SuVir
level2
level2
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: En-ger-land

Postby SuVir » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:03 pm

was about to vote for 100 x 100, but I saw ham sandwich

mmm...
xamm
level1
level1
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:42 pm
Location: xammbia

Postby xamm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:05 pm

There's avatars?
Image
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:11 pm

MMax wrote:There's avatars?


Due to oddness, you will see a sig if you view the uplink forums or the introversion forums with the uplink skin, and an avatar if you use the darwinia or other skin. I think. Something like that.
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Re: A good Avatar size for the forums?

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:13 pm

trickfred wrote:Hey, NeoThermic (and everyone), wouldn't it be better to have a nice, round, even number like... oh, say, 100x100 for avatar size limit?


Since when was 80 an odd number? I DID NOT GET MY MEMO! I DEMAND A MEMO FROM THE MATH COUNSEL!

Anywho, 100x100 could be possible, but it always looks ugly. 80x80 is a decent size, and I've voted that way :)

NeoThermic
xamm
level1
level1
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:42 pm
Location: xammbia

Postby xamm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:13 pm

None of the skins seem to work for me, they're alwys the Uplink skin.
Image
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:14 pm

MMax wrote:None of the skins seem to work for me, they're alwys the Uplink skin.


Try:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/introversion/

NeoThermic
xamm
level1
level1
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:42 pm
Location: xammbia

Postby xamm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Grarghh that's retarded and not only that but the theme breaks my quick reply script whereas the Uplink one doesn't so I have to use the normal reply screen. Gheeey.
Image
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:21 pm

MMax wrote:Grarghh that's retarded and not only that but the theme breaks my quick reply script whereas the Uplink one doesn't so I have to use the normal reply screen. Gheeey.


Shock horror! You have to use a normal posting screen!

NeoThermic
xamm
level1
level1
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:42 pm
Location: xammbia

Postby xamm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:25 pm

Well its a pain in the arse, my QuickQuote feature is damn handy for when you're replying to more than one post, rather than having to open up seperate tabs and copy and paste the contents you can just click a button and have the contents of the posts you're replying to in one reply box at the bottom of the page. Plus it breaks my endless forumpages script which means you don't have the brilliance of having the entire topic on one page rather than several.
Image
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:29 pm

MMax wrote:Well its a pain in the arse, my QuickQuote feature is damn handy for when you're replying to more than one post, rather than having to open up seperate tabs and copy and paste the contents you can just click a button and have the contents of the posts you're replying to in one reply box at the bottom of the page. Plus it breaks my endless forumpages script which means you don't have the brilliance of having the entire topic on one page rather than several.


It's one extra click to the post reply page, and the topic preview is below the window, so you can quote many people with a quick copy & paste operation. The problem with quick reply, though, is it spawns an ethos of half-hearted posts and one-word replies.

NeoThermic
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 pm

NeoThermic wrote:The problem with quick reply, though, is it spawns an ethos of half-hearted posts and one-word replies.


O Rly? :wink:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xamm
level1
level1
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:42 pm
Location: xammbia

Postby xamm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:05 pm

Really?
Have fun.

*runs*
Image
Ahtykk
level3
level3
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:49 am
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Postby Ahtykk » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:15 am

its just 2*2 smaller than 100*100
and 100*100 sounds so nice and even

edit
Last edited by Ahtykk on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests