Italy Won...

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Italy Won...

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:33 am

...And I'm not happy.

But, this cheered me up Image
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:41 am

I didn't mind either team winning. Both deserved to. But that picture is awesome :P
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:28 am

I can sum up exactly how I feel about the world cup in one word.

"Meh".
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:33 am

Normally I can't be bothered with football altogether, but I always watch the finals.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Psycho
level1
level1

Postby Psycho » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:39 am

All in all the whole world cup wasn't that impressive to me, there were only a couple of games that were actually worth watching and that contained good play.
Congrats to Italy though :)
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:13 pm

Id dint watch the second half, the match was too boring. Still the Italians win it. BE another 12 years before they get to thwe final again
Phydaux
level5
level5

Postby Phydaux » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:25 pm

Rkiver wrote:I can sum up exactly how I feel about the world cup in one word.

"Meh".
So why bother to take the time to post in this thread? I think you secretly hate the world cup and football in general. And you needed to vent that hate by letting as many people know that you "don't care".

Anyway...

I usualy love the world cup, but this year it didn't seem like any of the players were really that focused. I think too many of them are more interested in playing for their club, than their country. Such boring matches.

I didn't even watch the final. I orderd Doom from Sky boxoffice. Cool "no-brainer" film, and I just loved the 1st person section. :D

"Worst world cup ever"

--

LOL I can imagine Materazzi saying somthing like "Your momma so fat..." to Zidane. :P
tangostorm
level2
level2

Postby tangostorm » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Psycho wrote:All in all the whole world cup wasn't that impressive to me, there were only a couple of games that were actually worth watching and that contained good play.

I didn't like how team played during final. In fact the best match I saw was Italy vs Germany: this was a real world cup match! I preferred that final was played by both team.

FORZA ITALIA!!

Burningmace
level1
level1

Postby Burningmace » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:40 pm

I thought the world cup was highly interesting.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHA... I can't believe I just said that.

Football ftl. And I agree with Rkiver. "Meh" sums it up nicely.
mibias
level5
level5

Postby mibias » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:54 pm

"meh"... nice word... ill use it too...
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:07 pm

mibias wrote:"meh"... nice word... ill use it too...

Tag-along asshole.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:31 pm

Babylon5 wrote:
mibias wrote:"meh"... nice word... ill use it too...

Tag-along asshole.

Since you are being so rude to people that don't care for soccer (football -- whatever, I'm an American), I thought I might show myself for my own dose of your punishment.

I don't really care for soccer. "Meh" is exactly my setiment. However, for the last month, soccer is all that anyone has been talking about. This is particularly interesting in the US where no one gives a rat's ass 35 months out of every 36. In a country where no one cares, the World Cup has been everywhere for the month. People have been asking my opinion about the results of various games for weeks, and I have told them all that I don't know about the results. I am then asked why I don't know, to which my response is generally "because I don't care."

Now, as you say, there is no need to say anything in a thread about soccer if you really don't care. I haven't said anything to this point because it doesn't really matter. However, when the topic was first posted, I did consider making a "meh" post. Now that you have decided that anyone who doesn't actually care must hate soccer, I feel I should respond:

I don't really care that much. Meh. I'm just glad that it won't be on the news every day for another four years.

xander
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:51 pm

I fail.

But I was not complaining about the lack of people interested in the World Cup on the boards, but was merely commenting on the lack of imagination people have for making up better words for "Meh".

Phydaux
level5
level5

Postby Phydaux » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:32 pm

xander wrote:...
Now, as you say, there is no need to say anything in a thread about soccer if you really don't care. I haven't said anything to this point because it doesn't really matter. However, when the topic was first posted, I did consider making a "meh" post. Now that you have decided that anyone who doesn't actually care must hate soccer, I feel I should respond:

I don't really care that much. Meh. I'm just glad that it won't be on the news every day for another four years.

xander
I mentioned that Rkiver's post was self-defeating because if you don't care about a topic, why even enter the thread, let alone go to all the trouble of posting. If you want others to know how you feel about a subject "not caring" is not your point of view.

xander, if your glad it won't be on the news, then you do care. ;)

I would assume the hundreds of people who didn't post in this thread are the real people who don't care.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:01 am

Actually it is pretty common to have people rag on American Football. People like different sports. I'm over it.

Anyway, I was rather disappointed by the World Cup. No team really seemed very inspired. As usual there were a lot of poor calls/non-calls by the refs and a lot of acting on the field. That's all part of football, but one would hope the World Cup could be a bit more refined than other football matches.

One thing I really don't like is winning the World Cup in a shootout. France clearly played better than Italy in the final match. . . Even with a man down they still looked better than Italy. That is not say Italy isn't a good team, they are. The Italian defense was impressive thoughout the tournament allowing only two goals (an own goal and a penalty kick). That's quite an achievment.

Germany did do a great job as hosts though, so that something.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”