God hates fags? Fag Soldiers?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:21 am

I should really learn to properly read over my post.

Thinking now, I do actually know a few of them. They are my age, and are somewhat reluctant to go to church.

I dont think from not beleiving in the Christian way, just that they would rather be playing their Ps2's or something.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Lupin III
level1
level1

Postby Lupin III » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Radiobuzz wrote:
I am surprise someone hasn't run off and killed the lot of them yet.

I was thinking the same thing a while ago. A lot of people kill for really stupid reasons (not that I think that there is a good reason to kill someone), so I think it's just a matter of time before a bomb explodes or something.

A bomb did explode in 1995, but it was a prank. Killing these guys wouldn't be a stupid reason, these guys are poor excuses for human beings. They are monsters and animals, and I can't imagine what they are doing to their kids. I know that they beat them like punching bags, and that they have been arrested for domestic abuse several times.

Babylon5 wrote:But, you see, I have reasons to dislike Christianity/Christians.

Last year (year before?) we had Christians come into our school and handed us all out bibles. Now nothing is wrong with that, just that that wasnt all they did.

It would probably only happen to me, though, seeing as I was sitting there with my Venom "Black Metal" jumper on :roll: You know that one with the goat on it?

Similar to that.

And anyway, after they stopped preaching, just generally, one of them comes over to me and said "You, son, are going down the path of evil". I just looked at him like, lolwut? He shook his head and walked away.

And that is the main reason I dislike Christianity.

There, I said it. Now you know.

You dislike one of the largest religions on the face of the earth because they ripped on your for wearing a pentagram? Thats like wearing a pro abortion t-shirt at a Catholic church and not expecting to get ripped on. Christians that actually go to schools and preach and stuff like that always do things that might be considered offensive.

Babylon5 wrote:Sorry if this upsets you, but until I meet a Christian that goes to church and doesnt preach to me, then my views will change.

*Raises hand* Here in America, Christians take a much less heavyhanded approach I suppose, believe it or not. We have a little thing called separation of church and state over here, so they can't come to your school and preach in your face, it is your choice to go to church.
Last edited by Lupin III on Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:10 pm

Actually they can come and hand out Bibles and such to school, they just have to do it outside the grounds of public schools. I went to a public high school which was downtown and had no grounds to speak of and so the Gideons would stand right outside the doors and hand out Bibles and what not.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:16 am

Lupin III wrote:*Raises hand* Here in America, Christians take a much less heavyhanded approach I suppose, believe it or not. We have a little thing called separation of church and state over here, so they can't come to your school and preach in your face, it is your choice to go to church.

Sorry, what America are you living in? Because from the outside it appears the Bible Bashers take a very heavy handed approach. Trying to ban abortion, trying to block same sex civil unions, trying to get Creationism thaught as fact, trying to get sex education stopped and only abstinence told. Last time I checked that's pretty heavy handed.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:36 am

Rkiver wrote:
Lupin III wrote:*Raises hand* Here in America, Christians take a much less heavyhanded approach I suppose, believe it or not. We have a little thing called separation of church and state over here, so they can't come to your school and preach in your face, it is your choice to go to church.

Sorry, what America are you living in? Because from the outside it appears the Bible Bashers take a very heavy handed approach. Trying to ban abortion, trying to block same sex civil unions, trying to get Creationism thaught as fact, trying to get sex education stopped and only abstinence told. Last time I checked that's pretty heavy handed.

Mmm. Having lived there, thats about what I saw.

Speaking of which, if you want to enjoy a great film on this subject, pick up a copy of 'Saved!'. You'll have to stick the first 10/20 mins of it, but it is quite a good watch after that. :)

NeoThermic
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:29 pm

I think Lupin III was speaking more about the schools issue, which is fairly true. Public schools are pretty much the safest place to escape religion is that is your goal. And there is certainly no pressure to attend church in general (however that's not really an issue in any other Western country either).
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:01 pm

I actually remembered something last night.

In my 1st year at academy, we had erm...... gideons or mormons come into the school and gave us all bibles, told us to read a page a day, and they would come back after however many pages it had.

It was a New Testament, and a very concise edition at that, about 400 pages or so.

Now, could my school refuse them to come back? I know they let last years first years get the bible.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”