God hates fags? Fag Soldiers?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:40 pm

Gravitron wrote:I'll make a funny:

Religion is truely for pansys.

8)

Agnotism FTW.

Says the man from Israel. . .
Radiobuzz
level2
level2

Postby Radiobuzz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:41 am

I agree that everyone has the right to believe in anything. However, these people also live in a society, and that society have its own rules. And let's not even talk about moral.

I mean, I may hate someone with all my heart. However, I'm not going to be at his funeral laughing in front of his family and friends.

If this people is sending their hate propaganda all over the world, and are molesting people in public, then the law have to do something about it. Hitler also had his own beliefs, and still...

I was reading the Wikipedia article about them and I found out about other things I didn't know. Like for instance, they were happy about the 11/9 attack, hurricanes, etc. In fact, they pray for these stuff to happen. I live in Argentina, meaning all the way down from your country. Obviously, the horror I felt when I watched the planes crash couldn't compare to the ones that you, USA residents, felt. And still, I almost vomit when I heard that these guys were not only happy, but cursing to the people that was trying to find survivors in Ground Zero. So I can only imagine how the families of the victims felt.

I honestly think that this stuff shouldn't be accepted nor tolerated.

PS: And I'm not talking about killing them. You pick a poison: throw them in jail, in a mental institution or whatever.

PS1: I'm aware that the previous PS sounded kind of nazi.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:57 am

Just one of the many reasons why I oppose christianity.

I mean, sure, they can beleive it all they want, but I just dont get it.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:02 am

Babylon5 wrote:Just one of the many reasons why I oppose christianity.

See, that just seems like an odd standpoint to take. There is nothing wrong with Christianity, at least not any more so than Islam, or Buddhism, or atheism. The problem comes from a lunatic fringe that wishes to enforce their point of view upon every one else. While I am not a Christian, and don't really think that Christianity is any better or worse than any other religion or philosophy. There are good Christians, and there are bad Christians. Opposing an entire religion just because it has a few members that are way outside of the mainstream is like opposing Africans because their skin is bit darker than yours.

xander
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:18 am

But, you see, I have reasons to dislike Christianity/Christians.

Last year (year before?) we had Christians come into our school and handed us all out bibles. Now nothing is wrong with that, just that that wasnt all they did.

It would probably only happen to me, though, seeing as I was sitting there with my Venom "Black Metal" jumper on :roll: You know that one with the goat on it?

Similar to that.

And anyway, after they stopped preaching, just generally, one of them comes over to me and said "You, son, are going down the path of evil". I just looked at him like, lolwut? He shook his head and walked away.

And that is the main reason I dislike Christianity.

There, I said it. Now you know.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:23 am

Babylon5 wrote:--==<snip>==--

Again, you are judging an entire religion based upon the evils perpetrated by a few individuals.

xander
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:28 am

That's like saying a couple blacks robbed a bank so that's why I don't like blacks!

Lumping all Christians into one group and judging them all based on some limited encounters with some fringe members is just as bad as racism. I find it sickening.
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:56 am

i agree with stews completely. these god hates fags people in no way represent all christians. i dont believe these people are true christians anyway. christians as a whole believe that god loves all people no matter what, he just doesnt like a lot of the things they do.

the outliers do not represent the average
Lupin III
level1
level1

Postby Lupin III » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:09 am

Babylon5 wrote:Just one of the many reasons why I oppose christianity.

These guys arent Christains. They hate Roman Catholics as much as they hate gays. These guys are fanatics and have been denounced my hundreds of major religious leaders. They are psychopaths that spread their hateful message from inside a fortified compound, hiding behind the first amendment to keep from being thrown in jail. I am surprise someone hasn't run off and killed the lot of them yet.
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:11 am

heh, maybe its about time

i never said that
Radiobuzz
level2
level2

Postby Radiobuzz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:00 am

I am surprise someone hasn't run off and killed the lot of them yet.

I was thinking the same thing a while ago. A lot of people kill for really stupid reasons (not that I think that there is a good reason to kill someone), so I think it's just a matter of time before a bomb explodes or something.
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:05 am

hopefully not one of their bombs
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:13 am

This is just my impression of Christianity!

I've never met another Christian that isn't like that, I go to a non-denominational school, and yes, I know, there probably are other Christians at my school, it's just that that day had a big effect on me on the way I perceive them.

Sorry if this upsets you, but until I meet a Christian that goes to church and doesnt preach to me, then my views will change.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:21 am

i do, i havent :P
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:00 am

Babylon5 wrote:This is just my impression of Christianity!

I've never met another Christian that isn't like that, I go to a non-denominational school, and yes, I know, there probably are other Christians at my school, it's just that that day had a big effect on me on the way I perceive them.

Sorry if this upsets you, but until I meet a Christian that goes to church and doesnt preach to me, then my views will change.

Living in Scotland you probably interact with Christians everyday. It's just you don't recognise them as Christians.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”