U.S War Ready Yet Again.....

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Colytic wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:I never understood why people felt the need to repost their username after every post they make.

It 'signs off' what you're saying and underlines it, in my opinion.

Kangaraptor wrote:Seems a bit like having a wank, to me.

Right...

Colytic

I shall spell it out for your simple mind:

It is pretentious and unnecessary.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:I shall spell it out for your simple mind:

You're a fool who few take seriously. Please, get over yourself. I would hope for you to explain your attacks but considering your past childish behaviour: they're not high.

And 'pretentious and unnecessary' corresponds to masturbation? You're really not a very bright one are you?

Colytic
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 pm

most of my masturbation is done shamefully and furtivley.

I don't want to wake up my other half and have them "wanting to join in"

:lol:
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Colytic wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:I shall spell it out for your simple mind:

You're a fool who few take seriously. Please, get over yourself. I would hope for you to explain your attacks but considering your past childish behaviour: they're not high.

And 'pretentious and unnecessary' corresponds to masturbation? You're really not a very bright one are you?

Colytic

I don't think you understand the colloquialism 'having a wank'; it's in the same vein as loving the sound of one's voice.

Top lel.

GG, you've proven yourself a cad.

Anyway, time to go do non-DEFCON things while you wallow in your self-absorbed and undeserved sense of intellectualism on a public forum.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:I don't think you understand the colloquialism 'having a wank'; it's in the same vein as loving the sound of one's voice.

You used it poorly. GG, muppet. But don't worry, you didn't have any reputation to lose, and if you can't maintain that on a faceless public forum then I almost pity you.
Kangaraptor wrote:Top lel.

Anyway, time to go do non-DEFCON things while you wallow in your self-absorbed and undeserved sense of intellectualism on a public forum.

This otherwise beautiful rhetoric flourish is so ironic it makes me want to cry.

Colytic
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Colytic wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:I don't think you understand the colloquialism 'having a wank'; it's in the same vein as loving the sound of one's voice.

You used it poorly. GG, muppet. But don't worry, you didn't have any reputation to lose, and if you can't maintain that on a faceless public forum then I almost pity you.

This otherwise beautiful rhetoric flourish is so ironic it makes me want to cry.

Colytic

Colytic enjoys the smell of his own farts too.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:48 pm

roflamingo wrote:Colytic enjoys the smell of his own farts too.

Welcome back rofl. How was the climbing?

Colytic
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Colytic wrote:

Colytic

Dragged back for round three. That's okay, I have five minutes to burn.

1. You're calling into question an imaginary concept which I had proven some time ago was meaningless to myself. Y'know, because I couldn't care less what a bunch of circlejerking knobjockeys who jump at the first sign of poon on the internet think of me.

2. You've done nothing but state your opinion and begin to insult me (the height of intelligence around these parts, it seems!)

3. Basically everything you post rings of this. Big words is not equal to a big brain.

4. You're seriously trying to flex your muscles on the IV forums, excuse me while I piss myself laughing.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:1. You're calling into question an imaginary concept which I had proven some time ago was meaningless to myself. Y'know, because I couldn't care less what a bunch of circlejerking knobjockeys who jump at the first sign of poon on the internet think of me.

Hmm. And you're here? You also seem to expect me to care about this too.

Kangaraptor wrote:2. You've done nothing but state your opinion and begin to insult me (the height of intelligence around these parts, it seems!)

That's funny. You begin the ad hominem. All bets are off from there really.

Kangaraptor wrote:3. Basically everything you post rings of this. Big words is not equal to a big brain.

4. You're seriously trying to flex your muscles on the IV forums, excuse me while I piss myself laughing.

This one has a knack for irony.

Colytic
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Colytic wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:1. You're calling into question an imaginary concept which I had proven some time ago was meaningless to myself. Y'know, because I couldn't care less what a bunch of circlejerking knobjockeys who jump at the first sign of poon on the internet think of me.

Hmm. And you're here? You also seem to expect me to care about this too.

Kangaraptor wrote:2. You've done nothing but state your opinion and begin to insult me (the height of intelligence around these parts, it seems!)

That's funny. You begin the ad hominem. All bets are off from there really.

Kangaraptor wrote:3. Basically everything you post rings of this. Big words is not equal to a big brain.

This one has a knack for irony.

Colytic

I don't think you understand what 'irony' means.

Nor do I think you understand that my insult wasn't an ad hominem; it wasn't unrelated to the argument, nor was it an attempt at derailing it. All it was, was an observation of how clearly stupid you are (perhaps just aspergic?)

Basically, everything you've said holds little to no value and is appears to be a thinly veiled attempt at covering your (for some reason) damaged self-image. The defensive responses tickle my pickle.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:I don't think you understand what 'irony' means.

Nor do I think you understand that my insult wasn't an ad hominem; it wasn't unrelated to the argument, nor was it an attempt at derailing it. All it was, was an observation of how clearly stupid you are (perhaps just aspergic?)

I would love to post some definitions here; but it would just tickle your pickle further.

Basically: you're not very bright (although your big words make me go ooh and aah).

Colytic
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Colytic wrote:
roflamingo wrote:Colytic enjoys the smell of his own farts too.

Welcome back rofl. How was the climbing?

Colytic

I had altitude sickness and turned around at 5300m when I ran out of gas, so I'll go back to Russia next year and finish it.

St.Petersburg is beautiful. Red Square in Moscow is really nice. Cafe Pushkin is a cool place to eat dinner.

Russian women under 30 are beautiful. Russian men are mostly assholes. Nobody likes foreigners and the nation for the most-part has a short-term focus on everything. Russian men specifically seem to always out to show everyone how well they can drive and how tough they are. The truth is, the tourist places are pretty nice and the rest of the country is a poor shithole. The food is especially shitty.

It's worth going to Russia for a week because of how different the culture is compared to UK/US/Canada, and I enjoyed myself despite not caring for the locals. I think next year will be France/Switzerland to acclimatize then down to the Caucasus as fast as we can to do the climb again.

Thanks for asking
--rofl
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Colytic wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:I don't think you understand what 'irony' means.

I would love to post some definitions here; but it would just tickle your pickle further.

Basically: you're not very bright (although your big words make me go ooh and aah).

Colytic

Nice try, but no.

Repetition doesn't make truth; just because you say 'you're an idiot' over and over doesn't make me an idiot.

top lel.

PS: I love how netnanny doesn't block this site.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:04 am

Rofl is a cool guy.
There's saying from 90's - "to make a brick-face" - common belief was grumpy facial expression is good at conversations with strangers, my understanding of it is that the more intimidating look you have, the more seriously you are treated and it generally makes you safer. Travelling across Europe, I was amazed at how local strangers, on top of it foreigners, can be polite and open to a random teenager, I loved it.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:27 am

Laika_rus wrote:Rofl is a cool guy.
There's saying from 90's - "to make a brick-face" - common belief was grumpy facial expression is good at conversations with strangers, my understanding of it is that the more intimidating look you have, the more seriously you are treated and it generally makes you safer. Travelling across Europe, I was amazed at how local strangers, on top of it foreigners, can be polite and open to a random teenager, I loved it.

Yes wherever I see Russians, they always try to posture to be the toughest. When I have gone scuba diving, they always try to go the deepest. When we were driving, they always want to be the fastest. It was like a track-suit mafia everywhere.

Down south in Mineralnye Vody and Terskol you can really see the difference in wealth to the big cities

Unless you know someone in Russia, or are with an organized tour or can read cyrillic (which I learned while I was there), I wouldn't go to Russia alone. Russians are cold cold people.

Return to “General”