SERVER OVERRIDE GAME KEY DEVELOPED AND IN USE!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

atomic oracle
level2
level2

SERVER OVERRIDE GAME KEY DEVELOPED AND IN USE!

Postby atomic oracle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

If you clicked on this your into defcon a a little too much. :twisted:
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:12 am

You're **
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:40 am

I clicked because I wanted to maybe find out what the completely unintelligible headline was about.
I expected disappointment.
And still, my expectations were too high.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:I clicked because I wanted to maybe find out what the completely unintelligible headline was about.

Even though you clearly know that such a thing is impossible, having made the server in the first place, i still think that the lower parts of your
brain pushed you to click it anyway, because of the massive fear you have of losing control over the server and thus, over the whole defcon community.

Theseus rises. :lol:
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:04 pm

[...]
Last edited by Colytic on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:I clicked because I wanted to maybe find out what the completely unintelligible headline was about.

Even though you clearly know that such a thing is impossible, having made the server in the first place, i still think that the lower parts of your
brain pushed you to click it anyway, because of the massive fear you have of losing control over the server and thus, over the whole defcon community.

No, you don't understand. I can not make sense of the title. Ok, "DEVELOPED AND IN USE", I get that. But for the rest, no two words make sense to me when put together. I suppose it's some magic thing controlling servers somehow, but that is not an override, and game keys do not exist (they're auth keys).
atomic oracle
level2
level2

no tech

Postby atomic oracle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:58 pm

That's because I am not into the tech side of the game, just trying to make you all smile :)
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:

No, you don't understand. I can not make sense of the title. Ok, "DEVELOPED AND IN USE", I get that. But for the rest, no two words make sense to me when put together. I suppose it's some magic thing controlling servers somehow, but that is not an override, and game keys do not exist (they're auth keys).

Yeah plus who would have the time to search through that code anyway to find some super secret master key.
Moving from clean code to defcon code is like moving from Copacabana to a favela.
Well i guess you did, on behalf of the defcon community we thank you.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:40 am

The_Doctor wrote:clean code

JavaBeans.

Colytic
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:58 am

Colytic wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:clean code

JavaBeans.

Colytic

You are just typing random stuff cause you have never seen clean code in your life.
Bert has i'm not picking on him. Open parser.py from dedcon (as an example). That's nice and clean.

You know, there's a saying going around people who appreciate nice structured, well thought of, ordered, organised, documented, unit tested code.
The saying goes something like this "Some c++ programmers can write c++ in any language".
I have actually met some people like that and seen their code.
It reminds me of a little skit in a cartoon - i think it was dexter.
An Amish guy at some point tells his wife: 'honey plant these stones in the earth to make plowing harder'.
john_rambovi
level1
level1

Postby john_rambovi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 am

The_Doctor wrote:You are just typing random stuff cause you have never seen clean code in your life.

John Rambovi seal of approval.

Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 pm

The_Doctor wrote:You are just typing random stuff cause you have never seen clean code in your life.
Bert has i'm not picking on him. Open parser.py from dedcon (as an example). That's nice and clean.

You know, there's a saying going around people who appreciate nice structured, well thought of, ordered, organised, documented, unit tested code.
The saying goes something like this "Some c++ programmers can write c++ in any language".
I have actually met some people like that and seen their code.
It reminds me of a little skit in a cartoon - i think it was dexter.
An Amish guy at some point tells his wife: 'honey plant these stones in the earth to make plowing harder'.

I cannot find a single rational thought in this ball of irrelevant hostility. Are you seeing things Doc? Feeling insecure about your language? *sly grin*

<snip>WHY AM I ARGUING C++ VS JAVA</snip>

Colytic
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Colytic wrote:
I cannot find a single rational thought in this ball of irrelevant hostility. Are you seeing things Doc? Feeling insecure about your language? *sly grin*

<snip>WHY AM I ARGUING C++ VS JAVA</snip>

Colytic

I didn't invent the damn thing :P.
Also i never used the word Java. But i guess you equate clean code with it :).
Also also :) my favorite language is Scala.
Also x3 don't take me seriously.
I love you coly :)
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:58 am

The_Doctor wrote:I didn't invent the damn thing :P.
Also i never used the word Java. But i guess you equate clean code with it :).
Also also :) my favorite language is Scala.
Also x3 don't take me seriously.
I love you coly :)

I LOVE YOU TOO

Colytic
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Division » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:35 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:

Yeah plus who would have the time to search through that code anyway to find some super secret master key.
Moving from clean code to defcon code is like moving from Copacabana to a favela.
Well i guess you did, on behalf of the defcon community we thank you.

Lol i like the copacabana analogy, i miss Rio way too much...

Return to “General”