who else cheats?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

zoros dog
level2
level2

who else cheats?

Postby zoros dog » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:38 pm

who else do you think may have been cheating in the past, or is currently cheating?

my belief: no other good player has ever cheated before. not even once, let alone regularly.

yours?
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:09 pm

It's not really just one lie. It's a campaign of lies, probably more widespread and deep-routed than any in history, all leading to one collossal lie: Hiding the fact that the Allies broke the Enigma cipher. And, later, the Japanese "Purple" cipher, and the German Lorenz cipher, and the Italian C-38 cypher.
Basically, the Allies had blown every code the Axis used out of the water, thanks to the work of the Polish Cipher Bureau, and the Bletchley Park mathematicians including Alan Turing, and the American Signal Intelligence Service.
The collective intelligence from all these broken codes was called Ultra.
But what do you do when your code gets broken? You make a new, harder one. The allies couldn't let that happen, they couldn't let the axis know that their codes were broken. So how do you use data from a broken code without revealing that the code is broken? You lie.
If they wanted to take out an Axis supply ship after finding it through Ultra, they didn't just do that. They had a spy plane fly over where they knew the ship would be, then they sunk it. So the crew are all like "oh shit we got spotted." They also had to hide the broken codes from their own soldiers, lest they be revealed under careless talk. So they sent out other spy planes knowing nothing would be found, so crews wouldn't wonder how mission found an enemy every time.
They would never attack until they had a "cover story". Men undoubtedly died, by attacks the government knew were coming, because they would not compromise Ultra.
One of the few times they were forced to sink ships immediately, they covered it by sending a message in a code they knew the Germans had broken, to a spy in Naples, congratulating him of his success. The spy didn't exist, but the Germans intercepted the message and assumed everything was still good with Enigma.
The best part is, they didn't even reveal Ultra after the war. They saw to it that the Enigma machines were sold to potential enemies in the Third World, who continued to use the broken codes for years. Ultra wasn't revealed in its full extent until 1974, 29 years after the war. Never has a secret of such massive importance been so well kept for so long.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Wha-

Colytic
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Laika_rus wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1iou8v/what_is_the_single_greatest_lie_ever_told_in/
Don't take it too serious lol

:lol:
Forever Young
level5
level5

Cheater today!

Postby Forever Young » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 pm

deadcows cheated today! http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2013-0 ... _13.24.zip
My south airbases were killed by a second screen, because there was no scout and i used no fighters against the scout!
Short after marking these targets a spectator disappears.
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:56 pm

He just used the third eye (or sauron) like Baton.
Deadcows
level2
level2

Re: Cheater today!

Postby Deadcows » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Forever Young wrote:deadcows cheated today! http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2013-0 ... _13.24.zip
My south airbases were killed by a second screen, because there was no scout and i used no fighters against the scout!
Short after marking these targets a spectator disappears.

Stop stating it like it was a proven fact. I do not cheat. Lets create same setup. I scout all of ur land except that souther tip. And then ill try and blind your 3 airfields down there. No specs of course.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:34 pm

In Tourney games I sometimes used to tell my ally what I was going to do in allied chat, then private message them to tell them what I was really going to do - I really was that paranoid :roll: .

John the Greek was accused of ghosting, or using a friend to spectate for him during a tourney game (against a player called V O I D), though it was never proven. He got pretty angry over it, and I think didn't really play much again afterwards. I would love to know if he or V O I D returned later to play under different names.
Dirk Diggler
level1
level1

Postby Dirk Diggler » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:50 am

there's no id code for specs?
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:58 am

I use aimbot for CS.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 am

The_Doctor wrote:I use aimbot for CS.

Sig'd.

Colytic
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Once Defcon went mental and created a spec with the same name as me but with _2 on the end. An idiot called Prof Falken accused my of cheating on the board and I was very annoyed. We need to be VERY careful with accusations.

For extra paranoid people, I think servers can be created to have no specs: correct?

Also, I think there will be extra scrutiny of games now. I have noticed that Dog's seanuking and nuke avoidance is now much worse and he no longer has this telepathic ability to know what is going on in the world.
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:53 pm

jon wrote:Once Defcon went mental and created a spec with the same name as me but with _2 on the end. An idiot called Prof Falken accused my of cheating on the board and I was very annoyed. We need to be VERY careful with accusations.

For extra paranoid people, I think servers can be created to have no specs: correct?

Also, I think there will be extra scrutiny of games now. I have noticed that Dog's seanuking and nuke avoidance is now much worse and he no longer has this telepathic ability to know what is going on in the world.

Last time i played with dog he scrapped all my ships before d1. No second screen.
Now i'm a noob but still, at least let's admit that he's fucking strong even without it.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
jon wrote:Once Defcon went mental and created a spec with the same name as me but with _2 on the end. An idiot called Prof Falken accused my of cheating on the board and I was very annoyed. We need to be VERY careful with accusations.

Last time i played with dog he scrapped all my ships before d1. No second screen.
Now i'm a noob but still, at least let's admit that he's fucking strong even without it.

I saw that combat. You were sending all your planes off to attack his ally and he just barrelled in with a massive flank. It was well done but not hard to do.
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.

Return to “General”