Who is or was the best?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 am

Forever Young wrote:Time to reanimate a ranking again? :P

The worst thing you did was to close that thread.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Well, the thread is still open and alive( nearly 50000 views! I want money for that :lol: ). The main reason for closing was, that some players wanted to be out there, because of the high pressure. A bit strange, the same players are in the SFCON Rankings. An other reason was too much work. If there will be a new Ranking, i will not ask for a permission or discuss it, only for active players, only my estimates, just for fun, as a counterweight to the good Sfcon Rankings, not every single game will count, without too many symbols, ...
We could do also something like Little worm`s W-D-L Ranking. It was more fair and accepted, with points out of the Sfcon games, without unknown nicks, but this is a lot of work and i am too busy for that. :)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 am

I had different opinions about the ranking but this was a point for the thread not a point against the thread. And it wouldn't been so followed and participated without flames..
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 pm

The thread did cause stress but was a big community discussion point so was great in a way.

FY are you still playing much? Under an alias?
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:20 pm

No, i am not playing much this year. I guess i played only 10 games this year, included the last tourney games. Out of the last 3 games, i played two with an alias and the last one with "FY" and lost badly:), had no fun with my old cpu and the good laptop crashed. But i try to be back tomorrow. Problem is, i am still waiting for the right Hdmi cable, thought it would come today. Well, i am back at latest next week. My new cpu is wonderful so far, very silent and powerful. Defcon is already installed. I will do a spectating test now.
8)
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
countersmurf
level2
level2

Postby countersmurf » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 pm

dont forget countersmurf, I remember having a real hard time with his fleet control

How could i forget smurf? We made an excellent team. Go Nightsmurf!

There are many greats, back in the day I was up there along with many others. But undoubtedly, MOR wins the title.

He was the most dedicated by far.

He spent countless hours working out the best strategies and when he played he had the patience and skill to wear down his opponent. He wasn't unbeatable (no one is) but he was the best.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 am

My five favourite ever defcon names:

1. Counter Smurf
2. Drunk Mum
3. Roflamingo
4. Disappointed pony
5. I heart sheep
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
Eral
level4
level4

I fuck you all <3

Postby Eral » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Why aren't Mogwaï and Sfericz or even MVPE in your lists? More than a best player list you should invent different kind of list if you like it. Type the sort of game that you liked.

For example, Baton or Rus/Mike were robotic machine, during (MOR) was a real surgeon and never let a place to the chance. Senator or Ace were excellent teachers and regular players, with the science in their side. During Stiffmeister (the dark buddha?) or Edward (the Buddha?) or BATLLETRON (in his time) were aliens in their style because they broken walls of very known strategy by their madness. Nightwatch was always extremely strong but always arrogant. But he teached me the will to win at all price and be a great repetitor for a lots of technics and strategies. And what about Bert wich knows absolutely everything on defcon but don't play anymore? Or TOM for his determination?

The best player could only be seen in a regular and referred tournament in 1v1 with all possible configuration. Do you really have time for this?

Respect the oldest they teached us all we know by ass kicking us. Love the "noobs" they give you easy win when your legend goes down in the abyss of the story.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks Eral :)
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Re: I fuck you all <3

Postby nuclear cocaine » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Eral wrote:Why aren't Mogwaï and Sfericz or even MVPE in your lists? More than a best player list you should invent different kind of list if you like it. Type the sort of game that you liked.

For example, Baton or Rus/Mike were robotic machine, during (MOR) was a real surgeon and never let a place to the chance. Senator or Ace were excellent teachers and regular players, with the science in their side. During Stiffmeister (the dark buddha?) or Edward (the Buddha?) or BATLLETRON (in his time) were aliens in their style because they broken walls of very known strategy by their madness. Nightwatch was always extremely strong but always arrogant. But he teached me the will to win at all price and be a great repetitor for a lots of technics and strategies. And what about Bert wich knows absolutely everything on defcon but don't play anymore? Or TOM for his determination?

The best player could only be seen in a regular and referred tournament in 1v1 with all possible configuration. Do you really have time for this?

Well said Earl. Moguai and his 2 fleet 1 line of cv/bb was epic to watch back in the day.

Respect the oldest they teached us all we know by ass kicking us. Love the "noobs" they give you easy win when your legend goes down in the abyss of the story.
Mogwai
level2
level2

Re: Who is or was the best?

Postby Mogwai » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:33 am

1. MOR in all honesty, In the life of defcon, no one come close. Not even the new ruler generation, even is most of them like to think so.
2. Hyperion, doubt many of you even know who he is but, he was one of the few that could hand MORs arse to him, even after long hiatus.

I also see many names that are ranked way to high due to lack of knowledge defcon history or actual experiance, the ones that can compete are Why?, Senator, Ace Rimmer, RUS Mike and probably Nightwatch and myself to some extent.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Mogwai wrote:1. MOR in all honesty, In the life of defcon, no one come close. Not even the new ruler generation, even is most of them like to think so.
2. Hyperion, doubt many of you even know who he is but, he was one of the few that could hand MORs arse to him, even after long hiatus.

I also see many names that are ranked way to high due to lack of knowledge defcon history or actual experiance, the ones that can compete are Why?, Senator, Ace Rimmer, RUS Mike and probably Nightwatch and myself to some extent.

New ruler generation?
You mean blinding?
When I have the time, I practice with a compass :)
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am

John the Greek....he was one hell of an aggressive player

Return to “General”