The old Ranking Thread 2012 Defcon History!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:00 pm

If you're running short I'll join!
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 pm

What is short for you?
At least 4 weeks are planned and a maximum two months. But the tourney will start earliest in 4 weeks.:)
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Forever Young wrote:What is short for you?
At least 4 weeks are planned and a maximum two months. But the tourney will start earliest in 4 weeks.:)

If enough good players sign up I'll probably sit out and retain my dignity :P Maybe I'll join anyway.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:08 pm

:D

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

So we've established Laika is a dick. Why not have his recordings up though? It has no monetary value to him for us to watch recordings.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 pm

I will not promote these records after that scandal. I don`t want to make advertising for Quake anymore. Also it looks like that these servers are only until September or November(?) online and to find there a specific rec is like a needle in the haystack. Everyone who is playing there and want to watch these recs can still download them. This is my opinion for now, but maybe i will change it someday.

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:33 am

Forever Young wrote:I guess no one understands the calculation!? :lol: Well, i will try to make an easier formular soon after more tests.
One thing is clear, there will be never a perfect rating for defcon but it looks fair now.

Most important things are:

- the tourney has no teams and still teamplay will be very important
- i will create a ranking with updates every 1-3 day(s)
- no minus scores for players
- every player get points, losers and winners with one exception: Losers with team minus score will get 0 points, but this should be very rare
- heroes and weaks can play togehter or against each other and all are still capabale to get points
- maximal scores for winners are 2 points to prevent too big differences in the ranking. It looks a bit unfair but it isn`t
- scores are very low and with decimals mostly
- rules like the other tourneys before(cheats, bugs, glitches, name and key changes, rage quit, insults, ...are not allowed)
- weak players are allowed but not newbies. For me that mean circa 1 year defcon experience or the player has to show recs/results and we will decide then
- random territories or fair setups are allowed if all players agree with it
- random and default cities are allowed
- no pause function

All what we need are minimum 20 players! For the tourney we should use the servers which are already available and maybe the league server but then trickser has to create a new password after the tourney but i guess this is not a big problem or much work.
We could implant a new ingame rule like killing silos blind is allowed but not more than 2 silos? Killing all silos after a scout is allowed of course.
Opinions?
You cant just make rule of how many silos can be blinded(ofc its your tourney so you can but i doubt people would like that very much). There can be blinding or no blinding at all.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 pm

That is why i ask for opinions to discuss it but maybe most are not interested or in holidays. I think it is true, we can`t have a good tourney because of the crazy forum and cheaters.
Edit: It is not my tourney if there will be one. It has to be our tourney and for that i need the community input.

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Okay, it looks like that most of us want the blinding option?
Pause function should be enabled?
Edit: I said the scoring system allows to play with noobs and that is a good option for all but maybe we should try not to get newbies and regulate the sign up. I already mentioned it before.
I don`t want to have fresh accounts to shield cheaters, trolls and total noobs in the tourney. Maybe we call the tourney" Nuking Oldies Club Tourney!" :lol: Could be a good name because of the scoring system. If a newer player will join we have to check a few recs and/or we have to take a vote for example like Colytic. For now i see no problem with him.
If the scoring system is going to fail and we see this after a few games i will search for a better fair solution. This should be not a problem because the results are fixed in the screenshots.

Very important:
Okay, it looks like that most of us want the blinding option?

R3D don`t want blind killing silos. Others really want this. What we do?
I said, maybe allow killing 2 Silos per territory. Idk if this make sense but it would be a compromise.
Deadcows said:
You cant just make rule of how many silos can be blinded(ofc its your tourney so you can but i doubt people would like that very much). There can be blinding or no blinding at all.

We need more opinions and we have to discuss this or the tourney will never start. I can live with all options. :)
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Why you say you leave defcon now? Come back and prove your indictment like a man not escape from your paranoia.
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:55 pm

If i remember correctly FY you were in your 40s. I might be mistaken. You run away from proving your accusations like a 6 year old. Im 19 and even I am more mature than you.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:46 pm

cows....dont talk like that...

he asked for a open discusion....

Facts are facts....and fact is r3d is the only one bitch:) requesting blind nuking to be forbidden...and logic says here enough.

As for pause as "default" it should be enabed in all future tourneys and games...
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Baton101 wrote:cows....dont talk like that...

he asked for a open discusion....

Facts are facts....and fact is r3d is the only one bitch:) requesting blind nuking to be forbidden...and logic says here enough.

As for pause as "default" it should be enabed in all future tourneys and games...

FY asked for open discussion? He stated that i am a cheater. There are no proof, there will never be any proof, because there is no proof to be shown, because i didnt cheat.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 pm

I am going to save the links for each website for each server recordings from now on, I see I can not depend on it being there all the time...... :(
-SH
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Im apologize for everything I said to you FY, but I never cheated.

Return to “General”