I am a cheater

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:34 am

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Because he did a good job of moderating forum? It doesn't matter what he did in game.

It does. If he is willing to cheat and deceive the community and justice in-game, what does that say about his character and sense of responsibility?

Forever Young wrote:All other cheaters were easy to get and that makes me pissed now.
I stop playing defcon because there is no sense to play further on.

This is a knee-jerk reaction. You better be back :cry:
Dirk Diggler
level1
level1

Postby Dirk Diggler » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:38 am

Deadcows wrote:
Dirk Diggler wrote:wow what a loser; the thrill of cheating more satisfying than outwitting your opponent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqzBtJ2Gco

He outwitted us all with his cheating and he didnt get caught for a long time. Must respect him for that.

behaviour like this is totally un-respecable DC.

Cheating like this is a cancer because it causes suspicion to spread. Is anyone else wondering how many more "top players" are doing this? Defcon should be flourishing but it's woefully under supported and behavior like this doesn't help at all.
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:27 am

Dirk Diggler wrote:
Deadcows wrote:
Dirk Diggler wrote:wow what a loser; the thrill of cheating more satisfying than outwitting your opponent!

He outwitted us all with his cheating and he didnt get caught for a long time. Must respect him for that.

Cheating like this is a cancer because it causes suspicion to spread. Is anyone else wondering how many more "top players" are doing this? Defcon should be flourishing but it's woefully under supported and behavior like this doesn't help at all.

I see connection to Third Reich here. They did bad things but some people admire them for their military achivements.
Dirk Diggler
level1
level1

Postby Dirk Diggler » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:52 am

Deadcows wrote:
Dirk Diggler wrote:
Deadcows wrote:

I see connection to Third Reich here. They did bad things but some people admire them for their military achivements.

hmmmmm... computing....
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 am

Deadcows wrote:I see connection to Third Reich here. They did bad things but some people admire them for their military achivements.

god bless the third reich for saving vest eu from bolshevism
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 am

You know why Danish cops wear knee pads?

To welcome the next invading German army.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Forever Young wrote:All other cheaters were easy to get and that makes me pissed now.

You cant stop playing since you dont play anyway :)

Ill continue to play it forever!

As for laika dont know the whole story so i cant comment...if its just once then it can be satisfied with 1 month ban...if this is a continued actions for a long time then laika find yourself another identity and start again. Im really dissapointed.....really

As for other stuff im on vacation writing this from the touchpad on the beach :) so cheers all ill be back in 2 weeks.
Dävid
level2
level2

Competitiveness

Postby Dävid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Well I suppose its normal.
Think of all the doping scandals we see. Recently even cycling (Lance Armstrong).
Over competitivness and the need to find that extra edge lead to unsporting actions.
There are plenty of examples in other sports (and yes I argue with my girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend) often enough that Defcon IS a sport).
Here are 10 Golden rules to consider for DEFCON FAIR SPORTING PLAY:

1. Play Fair
Winning is without value if victory has been achieved unfairly or dishonestly. Cheating is easy, but brings no pleasure. Playing fair requires courage and character. It is also more satisfying. Fair play always has its reward, even when the game is lost. Playing fair earns respect, while cheating only brings shame. Remember: it is only a game. And games are pointless unless played fairly.

2. Play to win but accept defeat with dignity
Winning is the object of playing any game. Never set out to lose. If you do not play to win, you are cheating your opponents, deceiving those who are watching, and also fooling yourself. Never give up against stronger opponents but never relent against weaker ones. It is an insult to any opponent to play at less than full strength. Play to win, until the final whistle. But remember nobody wins all the time. You win some, you lose some. Learn to lose graciously. Do not seek excuses for defeat. Genuine reasons will always be self-evident. Congratulate the winners with good grace. Do not blame the PC, Server, Spectators, God or anyone else. Be determined to do better next time. Good losers earn more respect than bad winners.

3. Observe the Agreed Rules of the Game
All games need agreed rules to guide them. Without agreement, there would be chaos. It is equally important to understand the spirit of the agreed rules. They are designed to make the game fun to play and fun to watch. By sticking to the agreed rules, the game will be more enjoyable.

4. Respect opponents, team-mates, hosts, admins, and spectators
Fair Play means respect. Respect is part of our game. Without opponents there can be no game.
Everyone has the same rights, including the right to be respected. Team-mates are colleagues. Form a team in which all members are equal. Referees are there to maintain discipline and Fair Play. Always accept their decisions without arguing, and help them to enable all participants to have a more enjoyable game. Officials are also part of the game and must be respected accordingly. Spectators give the game atmosphere. They want to see the game played fairly, but must also behave fairly and with respect themselves.

5. Promote the interests of the DEFCON Community
DEFCON and its community is great. But it always needs everybody's help to maintain its greatness. Think of DEFCON's interests before your own. Think how your actions may affect the image of the game. Talk about the positive things in the game. Encourage other people to watch and play fairly. Help others to have as much fun from DEFCON as you do. Be an ambassador for the game.

6. Honour those who defend DEFCON's good reputation
The good name of DEFCON has survived because the vast majority of people who love the game are honest and fair. Sometimes somebody does something exceptional that deserves our special recognition. They should be honoured and their fine example publicised. This encourages others to act in the same way. Help to promote DEFCON's image by publicising its good deeds.

7. Reject ghosting, cheating, racism, trolling, harrasment and other dangers to our sport
DEFCON's huge popularity sometimes makes it vulnerable to negative outside interests. Watch out for attempts to tempt you into cheating or trolling. Trolling has no place in DEFCON, in any other sport or in society as a whole. Say no to trolling. Help to kick racism and bigotry out of DEFCON. Treat all players and everyone else equally, regardless of their religion, race, sex and sexual preference or national origin. Show zero tolerance for shosting on games in which you participate. It negatively affects your ability to perform without help and creates a conflict of interests. Show that football does not want harrasment, even done by your own fans. DEFCON is sport.

8. Help others to resist cheating pressures
You may hear that team-mates or other people you know are being tempted to cheat in some way or otherwise engage in behaviour deemed unacceptable. They need your help. Do not hesitate to stand by them. Give them the strength to resist. Remind them of their commitment to their team- mates and to the game itself. Form a block of solidarity, like a solid defence on the field of play.

9. Denounce those who attempt to discredit our sport
Do not be ashamed to stand up to anybody who you are sure is trying to make others cheat or engage in other unacceptable behaviour. It is better to expose them and have them removed before they can do any damage. It is equally dishonest to go along with a dishonest act. Do not just say no. Denounce those misguided persons who are trying to spoil our sport before they can persuade somebody else to say yes.

10. Use DEFCON to make a communnity
DEFCON has a great community, which can be used to make this game a better experience in which everyone develop. Use this powerful platform to promote fairness, equality, fun and experience for everyone. Make the game better.
If its AE; its ME.
Dävid
level2
level2

FIFA Golden Rule

Postby Dävid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm

...PS if its good enough for FIFA it'll be good enough for us.

Laika, obviously youve been caught "doping" and sitting with Oprah isn't going to help the damage your actions have done toward the respect we give top players.

At least you dont have $6 mil to give back.
If its AE; its ME.
Baton101
level4
level4

Re: I am a cheater

Postby Baton101 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Laika_rus wrote:I used laptop with different IP for ghosting. I was fully understanding what i'm doing, and I banned other people for this on my servers.

Really low....:(

You lost a bunch of games also so it makes it really shameful...
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Baton101 wrote:

You cant stop playing since you dont play anyway :)

You are wrong because i played some games since my PC is back and also 1 game against laika.
But i totally agree with you here:
Really low....Sad

You lost a bunch of games also so it makes it really shameful...

And i see no hope for defcon because of the trolls and cheaters. I am convinced, now we will see more trolls and cheaters. Game over for me!
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Laika_rus wrote:
kudayta wrote:*shakes his head*

Disappointing, to say the least.

Laika, you should hand over ownership of your servers to one of your admins for a period of six weeks.

Senator has access from now. Hosting is paid till december, I'll see if I keep it alive or just leave keys to Senator.

So Laika handed me root access. It seems to be a gesture of humbleness. But I have no idea what to do with it. I think it goes too far, but maybe ...
I wanna ask you if there would be anything what I should do instead of just not using it.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Man oh man, this must be a hoax. I have played so many times 1v1, I must have accumulated 50 hours of losing to a guy I never had a chance against. He knocked me out of 1v1 tournament and I lost about five 2v2 games on tournament of about 4 hours each.

This makes Baton look even better, half a brain and always drunk and still as good as Laika.
Last edited by jon on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Oh and another thing, he went from blind nuking noob to greatest ever (even better than mot) in like a week. So many hours spent. I just checked and we played in 50 games on sfcon alone!
jon
level4
level4

Re: I am a cheater

Postby jon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

R3D wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:I used laptop with different IP for ghosting. I was fully understanding what i'm doing, and I banned other people for this on my servers.

I forgive you cheater bastard

but to all those who said I was a bad loser when I said he was a cheater

you owe me an apology

How did you know?

Return to “General”