Need Tip

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

- Tobias -
level3
level3

Need Tip

Postby - Tobias - » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:32 am

A powerful technique (that I have failed to utilize to date) is to attack enemy ships with subs while the subs are in passive mode. I've heard of this, I've seen this happen, but I do not know how to do it. Would someone be so kind as to share this knowledge with us noobs?

Thanks in advance.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:49 am

I hate that, that happens all the time and gets irritating.
-SH
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:59 am

Toby, when an enemy ship is in radar range and a friendly sub is close enough to attack it, simply click on the sub, then click on the enemy ship.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:48 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:I hate that, that happens all the time and gets irritating.

... a powerful technique ...

kudayta wrote:Toby, when an enemy ship is in radar range and a friendly sub is close enough to attack it, simply click on the sub, then click on the enemy ship.

Hey Kuda. Is there anything you don't know? :lol:

For players that require very explicit instructuins (like me): it's left click on sub, left click on enemy unit.

Thanks bro.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:34 am

- Tobias - wrote:Hey Kuda. Is there anything you don't know?

I don't know what you're talking about :)
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 pm

I wouldnt recommend using passive subs if u want to do massive assault with them. What u can do is use them for killing scout bs or when u are pushed to your coast and then u can use them under your own radar.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Toby, if you do a fleet composed by 5 subs and 1 bs near the enemy navy the subs will follow the bs attitude..i.e. attack, automatically. But you know it for sure..
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Zorotama wrote: ... the subs will follow the bs attitude..i.e. attack, automatically. But you know it for sure..

Hi Zoro (long time, no see - in game). No, actually I did not know this! It makes sense to me though since it seems similar to a mixed fleet set of 2 carriers and a bs, where the 2 carriers will launch fighters simultaneously once any component of the set is attacked (or maybe just in attack range of the bs?) - a feature I initially thought was a hack. I rarely use such mixed fleet sets, but I need to explore these more to see if there might be circumstances where utilization of this feature would be advantageous. Thanks!

I do not know, using classic war game terminology, the "dice rolls" associated with passive versus active sub attacks, but I presume passive attacks are less effective than active attacks. If so, I wonder what the difference might be. Also, I am curious to see if the subs, once the attack is initiated by following the attitude of the associated bs, continue attacking if the associated bs is killed; which I would not expect.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Well how come when you turn you carrier on to sub detection it douse not see the passive subs, I know from experience.
-SH
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:57 am

- Tobias - wrote:it seems similar to a mixed fleet set of 2 carriers and a bs, where the 2 carriers will launch fighters simultaneously once any component of the set is attacked (or maybe just in attack range of the bs?)

Exactly how in the mixed fleet..The precondition is that enemy units has to be in the bs attack range.

A point of extreme Nirvana style (tm) is a mixed fleet with bss, carriers and subs too :wink:

Hi Toby!

Return to “General”