Space Dog - Ushered to the Dust Bin of History

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Abu Jazar
level2
level2

Space Dog - Ushered to the Dust Bin of History

Postby Abu Jazar » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:02 pm

In 1646, Thomas Browne described the wonders of electricity. It paved the way for revolutionary changes in technology.

In 1789, the Declaration of Rights of Man introduced the institutional liberal principles of power, and paved the way for the democracies of the world.

In December 2012, Abu Jazar and MAX re-defined the strategic and tactical concepts of default mode DEFCON, paving the way for a whole new gaming experience. League players' inane and dated methods were proven insufficient.

Completely unprepared for the overwhelming power he was about to meet, space dog decided to try his luck in DEDICATED 6 Player Default Elite #1 on Christmas Eve. His acclaimed skill set came to no use against the sheer effectiveness and aptitude of the unbeatable alliance of Abu Jazar and MAX who had been waiting for this opportunity to demonstrate their ultimate strength.

DEBRIEF
Abu Jazar («Spiff»): Europe
MAX («Chaka Khan»): Russia
space dog: Asia
ColdFedor: North America
nammi: South America
harvie: Africa

Already in unit placement, space dog makes a dramatic mistake by deploying his fleet in such a way that they can neither reach heavily populated areas early nor contribute in defending his territory:

Meanwhile, Abu Jazar and MAX align their carriers with their airbases in order to carry out effective full scale bomber raids:

space dog's silos were easily located by deploying fighters southwards and triangulating AA fire. Some other defense installations were also scouted, paving the way for a milk run bomber raid in East Asia.

MAX deploys bombers early to take out cities.

At DEFCON 1, space dog immediately opens silos on Russia. Unfortunately, a vast Abu Jazar bomber squadron is headed directly for space dog silos and effectively halves space dog's silo nuke arsenal. No opposition was encountered in airspace until the nukes were already deployed.

Also note how space dog misses Cairo by several minutes and wastes a double-digit number of warheads on a city that was already reduced to ashes.

Meanwhile, space dog seems to be doing what he might have read on the forum about launching everything early at DEFCON 1. Unfortunately his shortsightedness and ignorance of Default tactics has the consequence that his bombers end up right among some random six fleets and are easily plucked down.

Harvie in Africa decides to use one of his sub six fleets to take out space dog silos. Something which could have been easily avoided by properly defending them:

Abu Jazar and MAX are racking up points so fast from major city hits that the outcome is foreseeable already 10 minutes into DEFCON 1.
This can better be illustrated by this graph:

Abu Jazar and MAX once again display their excellence and unprecedented skills and win this battle with ease.

Sit back.

Watch.

Enjoy Abu Jazar's and MAX' strategical and tactical supremacy in this archetype DEFCON conflict:

http://88.198.205.67/recordings/2012-12-24.15.25.38.dcrec

Sincerely.
Death Bot
level1
level1

Postby Death Bot » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Really old but probably somewhat helpful to the noobs playing this wild west format:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=5954
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Lando ? Not sure if picture is serious.
Last edited by Laika on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abu Jazar
level2
level2

Postby Abu Jazar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:42 am

Death Bot wrote:Really old but probably somewhat helpful to the noobs playing this wild west format:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=5954

If this is the guide you're following, I can understand your repeatable low scores in Default matches.
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:44 am

asia is probably one of the worst territories to have in ffa 6 player. not to mention eu is the best. but territory dispositions aside, ffa does not show any skill whatsoever, not to mention that you use aliases, thus meaning that you parade in the open when you win, and hide your face with a mask when you lose. I'm sure the latter would happen much more often than the former if you ever tried to play in a competitive setting.
Death Bot
level1
level1

Postby Death Bot » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 am

The wins might be more convincing if you played under real nick all the time. If you are so good shouldn't matter if people know who you are at the beginning unless you are conceding well established fact that default 6 player is inferior to 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 formats.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 am

Using 6 player FFA for any ranking, especially with aliases and hidden alliances is a doubtful idea.
Abu Jazar
level2
level2

Postby Abu Jazar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 am

I thought it would be unnecessary to mention that the first mistake the honorable space dog made was revealing his identity before the battle started. It should be obvious to any DEFCON belligerent who has been through a few Default battles that it is absolutely necessary to keep the commander's true identity safe from enemy intelligence.

The Default mode is about intelligence, bartering and deception. It is also about tactics - much more so than 2v2 and 1v1 games.
This has been thoroughly demonstrated by the repeatability of Abu Jazar and MAX victories.
Death Bot
level1
level1

Postby Death Bot » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:49 am

You guys can talk all you want. Defcon world is not taking the two of you seriously until you and max team up in a 2 vs 2 and take out some top level competition or start taking care of business in 1 vs 1 matches.

Can't speak to repeatability since no one knows about your losses because of the deception. First sign of bs is when says they never lose in a format.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:06 am

Yeah yeah yeah...excuses excuses. Where's the 10 bucks, Ace?
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 am

Hey "Defcon World spokesperson" Death Bot, let's try a game :lol:

It's called "let's try to write a post without repeating the words "1v1" or "2v2" ad nauseam".

I bet you can't make it.

Even your polite PMs are riddled with your repetitiveness:

Besides, your challenge is meaningless. You have clearly demonstrated your tactical ineptitude earlier on, illustrated in the picture below. Now what makes you think that taking on both me and Abu Jazar would bring anything else than further humiliation? I mean, minus 51 points with Europe!? Is it even possible?

Death Bot
level1
level1

Postby Death Bot » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Yes, I fell victim to the backstab in my first try in that wild west format. It involves no skill of any kind. You seem to get so defensive defending your fake crown.
BMN
level2
level2

Postby BMN » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:17 pm

this "victory" is nothing but a fake. just like all the other "victories". what you are doing is wrong and could even be considered cheating.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:59 pm

I suspected that too, then watched the recording and checked time difference between orders of Abu and Max. I think that it is either not a same person, or Abu is able to switch controls really fast. I bet on former.

edit: I just realised I forgot to take into account speed commands, as there is a script for entering them, and I didn't pay attention. Let me re-check it.

edit1: Looks like BMN is right.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”