A little bit of Defcon Propaganda 2012-2021

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Endless wrote:You could Make just one nuke and call it an Endless Super Nuke.

I think what I put out is as good as I can get, I was a little disapointed that I could not get a lighting bolt into the art,I had tried one on the helmet of the baby and it didn't look right,then on the tail of the bomber and then that didn't look right. I like the picture you use for your avatar.

LHH
Last edited by Lord_Haw_Haw on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Brosef Stalin wrote:I am loving all of these, extremely creative. I wish I had days of free time haha.

Thank you!
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 pm

AIRburst95 wrote:
Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
-- Tobias -- wrote:These are very creative. Do you simply lay new type on old ideas, or is it all original?
[Image
Airburst by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

This one was one of the hardest yet,I have played with Airburst on defcon for a long time, since he was a noob and then he was under a diffent call sign,I looked up exactly what the airburst term meant, I looked at examples,there is all kinds of art with bombers in WWII propganda,and you will see a airburst in the art with the bomber that trys to get to its target. all very nice.

But it didnt really work, but then I thought about airburst and his old call sign it reminded me of a film "fatman and little boy"(1989) when they go to test the device in the film they dont show the mushroom cloud only the effects on a character,i.e. the rush of air,the bright light, the character had on goggles to guard agianst the light. that became my idea for a airburst poster. A pilot in a plane,a nuclear airburst right ahead and no fear. its just a game we play,but how many many players stay when the nukes fly and how many ragequit? Airburst and other players like him on defcon stay to fight it out.

I found cold war modern pilot art used in propganda,found decent nuke art,then i had to figure out how to merge the two,how do i get the mushroom cloud in the pilots goggles? so many trys, so many failures, i gave up for a while cause i just could not get it to work, till just one day eating lunch I thought I would try one more time and I figured it out,I am useing a app on my smart phone, so I am limted. But it came together great! Airburst is a good player,very skilled
[/img]

I finally saw that film (as I had been looking for it) and that wasn't actually a nuclear test, turns out (at least in the movie) they were recreating a criticality accident in where a large gamma/neutron burst occurs due to the fissile materiel attaining critical mass. Turns out criticality events don't create mushroom clouds but it's still a great poster haw haw. Keep up the good work.

I refer to the end of the movie when then test the bomb,I think its the good Dr. himself that goes to light a cigarette when they explode the bomb and he reacts to the wind and we see the light in his goggles and the music playing. I didn't say this before but I also looked at another film "By Dawns Early Light" I wanted to make certain that what I was showing was real or possible. In that film they use curtains in bomber windows to shield themselves from nukes going off. Now that is not the case in "fail Safe" in that film the men in the bombers seem to be wearing pilot gear, and I don't recall them using curtains to shield themselves from the nuke light that could blind them. I do not know of a film where a fighter pilot has a nuke go off in front of him as my art shows.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:
Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
-- Tobias -- wrote:These are very creative. Do you simply lay new type on old ideas, or is it all original?
[Image
Airburst by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

This one was one of the hardest yet,I have played with Airburst on defcon for a long time, since he was a noob and then he was under a diffent call sign,I looked up exactly what the airburst term meant, I looked at examples,there is all kinds of art with bombers in WWII propganda,and you will see a airburst in the art with the bomber that trys to get to its target. all very nice.

But it didnt really work, but then I thought about airburst and his old call sign it reminded me of a film "fatman and little boy"(1989) when they go to test the device in the film they dont show the mushroom cloud only the effects on a character,i.e. the rush of air,the bright light, the character had on goggles to guard agianst the light. that became my idea for a airburst poster. A pilot in a plane,a nuclear airburst right ahead and no fear. its just a game we play,but how many many players stay when the nukes fly and how many ragequit? Airburst and other players like him on defcon stay to fight it out.

I found cold war modern pilot art used in propganda,found decent nuke art,then i had to figure out how to merge the two,how do i get the mushroom cloud in the pilots goggles? so many trys, so many failures, i gave up for a while cause i just could not get it to work, till just one day eating lunch I thought I would try one more time and I figured it out,I am useing a app on my smart phone, so I am limted. But it came together great! Airburst is a good player,very skilled
[/img]

I finally saw that film (as I had been looking for it) and that wasn't actually a nuclear test, turns out (at least in the movie) they were recreating a criticality accident in where a large gamma/neutron burst occurs due to the fissile materiel attaining critical mass. Turns out criticality events don't create mushroom clouds but it's still a great poster haw haw. Keep up the good work.

I refer to the end of the movie when then test the bomb,I think its the good Dr. himself that goes to light a cigarette when they explode the bomb and he reacts to the wind and we see the light in his goggles and the music playing. I didn't say this before but I also looked at another film "By Dawns Early Light" I wanted to make certain that what I was showing was real or possible. In that film they use curtains in bomber windows to shield themselves from nukes going off. Now that is not the case in "fail Safe" in that film the men in the bombers seem to be wearing pilot gear, and I don't recall them using curtains to shield themselves from the nuke light that could blind them. I do not know of a film where a fighter pilot has a nuke go off in front of him as my art shows.

yeah, and as I said yesterday, men used as ginnie pigs for the US Military participated in drills where they would state at nuclear explosions with "special goggles" during nuclear testing at the Nevada Proving Grounds. In reality the reason why the nuclear bomb blinds you is because if flash burns your retina, just like if you were to suddenly face towards the sun only a couple miles away... Given the fact that bombers helmets are made specially so that they can operate their planes without having to squint, the bombers helmet would probably be adequate protection against a low level nuclear detonation from a far distance.

Good job! :)
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 pm

[Image
2012-03-30 by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]

The Big 3, I learned a lot from this enemy when I first started out on Defcon.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:58 pm

I had ready a stand alone poster for Tobias,however it does not equal or exceed the first poster I did for him,so it will not see the light of day. It is my intention to show a Tobias feu d'enfer. I have been a spec in the game where there was agreement that it was Tobias and his attack was awesome,I do think that I have faced him in battle and I know what it is like,I am afrika,perhaps he is asia,my silos are in the congo,my airbases around them,My fleet massed from north to south 2 ship formation. Defcon 3- comes, his subs start to ping under my BB,fighter swarm and bomber attacks break my lines and of course I fight to the last man,the last ship. Good times!
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Forgot to add that I have two space dog posters coming along and while I continue too look for art for a Tobias feu d'enfer,I do have another Tobias poster that I am working on and a great poster that CZA sent me is also coming along ok.

LHH
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Dear Lord:

I dunno why you bless me with so many renderings! There are others that deserve your attention. But thank you nonetheless.

It seems, however, that since you utilize another, albeit apt, Napoleonic term ("feu d'enfer") to describe my initial attack strategy; and whereas previously you had me wearing an athwart bicorne, you place my style squarely in the early 19th century! I'll show you! I have many 21st century skills my friend! (Where do you think the concept of micro rcv swarming came from!?!)

Regards,
Tobias
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm

[Image
Brosef by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Brosef Stalin
level2
level2

Postby Brosef Stalin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:[Image
4 Stalin by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]

Come at me bro! Public Enemy number 1.

Haha I love it. :D
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 pm

My Thanks too Brosef for letting me put his call sign to the music. I have too say this is the quickest poster I have ever put out. All my stuff starts out on paper me sketching what art I can use and the text I may choose. But I got lucky, the original that I have adapted from had the art,though it was in bad shape,I think before they scanned it to upload it to the net it had been folded,it was bad. But I was able to clean it up with effects as I always do. and there was a lot of non english text,that I could not make out,but I was able to make out some sum reference to Stalin being a NO.1 something. lol. I did a test poster and it was awesome,no mistakes that I could see.

LHH
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 pm

I bet Brosef is growing that moustache right now for Movember.

There's a soundtrack with image? I hear nothing (save for the song this calls to mind):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmiLXBMRILY

Return to “General”