level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Endless wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:
Endless wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:
Endless wrote:
anonymouses wrote:Work on a new way of ranking players based on real data not this subjective nonsense.

If i could write it I would make something like a poker tracker which gathers info from the servers and ranks on key ID.

Sadly I cannot, I wish i could but surely players here have the skills the data's right there on the lfo,sfcon webpages??

I may have been harsh on FY,I understand he has done hard work in his own time and he may not like what I am saying.

But I believe that his system of ranking players is flawed and it has caused friction.

Its like there is a private " old boys club" of people which bicker constantly in the forums and then team up to grief noobies.

Its not a personal attack on FY but there's a horrible atmosphere here and i think that the unofficial ranking has been a contributor to it.

I think you are a coward. You want to sit and bash behind a wall so no one can see you. I think we should just take your opinion and throw it out of the window until you come straight forward with this. We should make a poll about that.

why are you so angry about this?

Why do you care?

You called someone a coward due to a request for anonymity. Could you be any less of an douchebag?
Now will you answer my question? Why are you so angry about this?

I'm not angry. It is a little ridiculous that he is stirring up the pot on something that everyone has liked. Maybe it's you. Maybe you are the faggot mcfaggotson that is hiding from everyone. You need to come out of the closet. And i like how you're wording of "could you be any less of a douchebag?" makes me look awesome. I think you are looking for: "Could you be any more of a douchebag?"

You're welcome. Sorry that ROFL, dotch, and I raped you everytime you played. Is that why we dont see you playing anymore?

you're right endless, you don't seem angry at all. :roll:
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 pm

I think there are no doubts about my different opinions between me and FY about the ranking...but his thread is the most seen, debated ever. It shown and it is showing the vitality of the community (maybe the contraddictions of the ranking are a value and not a bad thing) and without that thread we probably can't talk about an old, a medium and a new school. So..reveal yourself old master, and show me in the map what is your meaning of ranking. 8)

The real question is about a "sticky" ranking. Maybe a sticky one deserves to be more than a individual ranking, but after all this is actually a good, the lonely and the best ranking we had.

KEEP
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 pm

anonymouses wrote:Work on a new way of ranking players based on real data not this subjective nonsense.

If i could write it I would make something like a poker tracker which gathers info from the servers and ranks on key ID.

Sadly I cannot, I wish i could but surely players here have the skills the data's right there on the lfo,sfcon webpages??

I may have been harsh on FY,I understand he has done hard work in his own time and he may not like what I am saying.

But I believe that his system of ranking players is flawed and it has caused friction.

Its like there is a private " old boys club" of people which bicker constantly in the forums and then team up to grief noobies.

Its not a personal attack on FY but there's a horrible atmosphere here and i think that the unofficial ranking has been a contributor to it.

at first, i want to say it again, i already said it many times before, i will never have something about other rankings.
how you will handle the steam keys, which are changing too often?
a private old boys club?lol, there is a real Lady in it and many newplayers. open your eyes! you should try to be objective with your arguments.
and yes, you are right! i don`t like what you are saying and i don`t like your very subjective opinions here.
also, you should take a look again into the ranking for the new stats.
do you really think it will be a win for all to have a ranking from an unkown old player who is hiding his identity?
edit: yeah right Zoro!
i want to say something again. i don`t want to miss all other rankings. they are very important and very useful.
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
anonymouses
level0

Postby anonymouses » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 pm

FY - even if I "revealed" my handle it would mean nothing to you, I don't know you and you don't know me. I joined this forum over 6 years ago and no longer have my login details or even use that e-mail address anymore. Although no longer a active posting member, I do read the forums from time to time .

Your methods for ranking has just caused rifts between the newbies, the old school and the rest so that defcon has just become this haven for trolls, back stabbers and kid's who like to see who can pee higher up the wall.
TBH - I don't think there would be any ranking done by a player that would be subjective enough for me and you do make valid points about steam keys etc. BUT as I said before I am not offering a solution just my critic and my opinion that the unofficial ranking has tarnished this community by being biased.
Looking at the results it would seem that a few people agree with me so there's no need to take it so personally.

Some players will remember me as the guy who used to pretend to be a "Roman Emperor" and that is as much of a clue as they need.

Now im off to eat my dinner of 5 dead baby's, 20 disloyal senators and some peeled grapes in fish sauce.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 pm

so you read the forum from time to time and you really think that ranking is guilty for all. unbelievable!
now i am waiting for, that the ranking is guilty for all broken tourneys.
i think it is not enough to read the forum time to time to judge here.
these problems started last year or much more longer before my ranking existed.
i say, your comments, arguments and opinions are really harmful for the forum community.
and right i don`t know you and i am really wondering that a non active defcon member under an alias say this become a haven for trolls and simultaneously you are doing same like a troll! think about it!
btw, i am a defcon player around 5-6 years. and you are RC?well, it doesnt matter who you are.
over and out!

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

anonymouses
level0

Postby anonymouses » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 pm

LOL

of course not FY

and your not the sharpest knife in the draw, of course your being trolled.

Its because your perfect troll bait, get a grip!

My God you should ban yourself from the internet for a month as penance for feeding defcon trolls.

Do you really think I am Radiant Caligula?

LOL

Mods feel free to delete this thread its served it purpose...
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

owned?
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:01 pm

well, you can`t read. i really feel so sorry for you.
you are a loser and i guess not only in game.
over and out!
edit: not you, Nuki! :lol:

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:55 am

Such a ranking system already exists for SFCON servers, and it is quite good imo: http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/index.php?sh ... &table=2v2 .

People seem to really enjoy FYs system, and I can't see how it can cause any harm. It's just "candy everybody wants." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORFcH5uAjM
Let it be.

my guess as to identity of "anonymouses" is "i sh*t rainbows"
anonymouses
level0

Postby anonymouses » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:18 am

I made a video of what i mean by "old boys club"

you can see in this alliance chat "established players" - griefing noobs and calling them offensive eugenicist names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EMUx01Yl-mE
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 am

hello /b/
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:50 am

-- Tobias -- wrote:

Such a ranking system already exists for SFCON servers, and it is quite good imo: http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/index.php?sh ... &table=2v2 .

People seem to really enjoy FYs system, and I can't see how it can cause any harm. It's just "candy everybody wants." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORFcH5uAjM
Let it be.

my guess as to identity of "anonymouses" is "i sh*t rainbows"

i dont think it is carebear but i think it is moth and moth is an old player. i will pm you my idea.

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Re: VOTE - Ranking system

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:56 am

anonymouses wrote:Firstly i'm an old school player who has chosen to remain anon in this post, due to the delicate nature of peoples egos.

I think the defcon community has become a awful place [removed] since FY took it upon himself to set up a ranking system.
I also think that some players have used this so called ranking system to act [removed] and it has called unrest in this community.
So many arguments and now someones suggesting a FY tourney!

quote by FY on his own thread: "These are my personal objective thoughts and opinions. I would not harm or offend players.
The ranking is just for fun!
Many players are not listed. This has different reasons like they have no forum account, they are not active enough or to new, they don`t want to be in, they are playing mostly under an (unknown) alias, no one want to see them here, i simply forgot them, ...
If you want to be in, post in this thread here or pm me."

Well I think its no longer any fun and as a result the board has become overrun with trolls [removed].
Its also SUBJECTIVE and as a result its useless as a real gauge of how good players may or may not be.

A ranking system needs to be OBJECTIVE and not a players opinion.

But its not for me to say, like yourself i only bought the game I am not admin or working for introversion its just my personal opinion, so I say let the community decide.

If you think FY's ranking system is seriously flawed and does not reflect real rankings and causes more problems than its worth vote REMOVE

If you think FY's ranking system is brilliant vote KEEP

sorry really
FY said what hes doing here and hes free for doing that
its his rankings and he made his point clear
hes not guilty if we found some trolls here in the community which do some silly
we are free to say we dont want to be in or not
im not against that rankings but also i dont take them too serious
they are good for some fightingspirit beccause at least they do some fresh air here

or i better go anonymous to say what i really think about all that? :P :wink: (sorry just a joke)

and PS: keep the rankings FY thx for the work
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:51 pm

lol, i wanted try to watch that youtube video now, but the video has been removed because its content violated YouTube's Terms of Service. i am sorry about that! :lol:

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

anonymouses
level0

Postby anonymouses » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:52 pm

here it is again FY