BGP to give away ten free copies of Defcon to demo players

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Financially, of course, he's in no danger. But Jordy would be nonetheless mixed up in this sordid affair, and his reputation could be damaged. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Furthermore, given this clown's behavior, the keys themselves could be stolen. Jordy could be (depending on the laws where he resides) engaging in a criminal act. I'd really rather not see that happen.

My advice Jordy, don't engage in any sort of transaction with this guy. It's way too fishy.

I'm afraid you are right, I have not received any key despite the fact he publicly claims he has sent me one. I've no choice but to concur with you on the fact that he's a liar and a cheater, even-though I don't know him and I was willing to give him a fair chance...
Cuz fuck logic
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Jordy... wrote:
Financially, of course, he's in no danger. But Jordy would be nonetheless mixed up in this sordid affair, and his reputation could be damaged. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Furthermore, given this clown's behavior, the keys themselves could be stolen. Jordy could be (depending on the laws where he resides) engaging in a criminal act. I'd really rather not see that happen.

My advice Jordy, don't engage in any sort of transaction with this guy. It's way too fishy.

I'm afraid you are right, I have not received any key despite the fact he publicly claims he has sent me one. I've no choice but to concur with you on the fact that he's a liar and a cheater, even-though I don't know him and I was willing to give him a fair chance...

The public messages are saved Jordy. I have wireshark capture and video capture of both my sent message and your reply. The Defcon moderators can also confirm that I did INDEED send you an authkey/code and that you did indeed publicly ask for one.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm not quite sure what you are saying? But I have had enough of crap, if anyone else was interested... don't bother with this guy..
Cuz fuck logic
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Re: BGP to give away ten free copies of Defcon to demo playe

Postby AIRburst95 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm

BGP wrote:As of today (June 29th 2012) the BGP has decided to give away TEN (10) free copies (virgin brand new and unique authkey codes) to the first ten players of Defcon who currently does not have and/or can not afford a full version of the game. This giveaway is valid and will expire only when the first ten authkeys have already been handed out. This is for the digital online download copy on PC and not the boxed version nor steam. This is a first come first serve basis, based on eligibility : see below.

The rules are simple:

1. You must have - prior to today - already signed up and registered on this forums.introversion.co.uk with at LEAST a total post count of FIVE (5) or more posts. This is to prevent fraud, abuse or the same person creating new accounts to acquire all the keys. The only exception I am willing to make is if you have a facebook account with more than 50 "friends" and I can verify that... then that would also be a means of authentication and you would not need to have those five posts. But you would still need to create a new account on this forum to satisfy requirements #2 and #4 below.

2. You must post in this thread publicly, indicating that you would like a copy of Defcon and then you must send me a private message indicating whether you would like the key to be delivered to you via email (in which case I would need your email address - so please include that in your private message to me) or you could simply request that I send the code to you via the forum private message and no email would be required.

3. After I confirm you are interested, I will then - and only then - go on Defcon to purchase the code for you. I do not have these codes with me beforehand, I will have to buy them manually on Defcon. These will be brand new codes, never used, never authenticated before and obviously never shared with anyone.

4. Upon receipt of the code and successful authentication in-game (converting Demo to Full) all that I ask is that you publicly post back on here to confirm that you did indeed receive a new working code from me (BGP). And (OPTIONAL) also post the last NINE (9) characters of your authkey, your key ID (for identifying you in online server play, etc) and your preferred or predominate player/username online. If you do not post publicly announcing and confirming the receipt of the new code within 7 days I will post the entire code publicly online with your corresponding forum username and ask that Introversion invalidate that particular code.

If this "giveaway" is against any DEFCON rules please Defcon admins delete this post and informed me promptly. Thank you.

lol, who is this moonbat? I need to start playing again...
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Whoever he is, he's a great guy, he sent me a key free of charge, and I hereby confirm he did so, without hesitation. I don't know why some people are on a which-hunt against him, but I think it's ridiculous and it should stop.
Cuz fuck logic
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:17 pm

I've no choice but to concur with you on the fact that he's a liar and a cheater, even-though I don't know him and I was willing to give him a fair chance

he's a great guy ... I don't know why some people are on a which-hunt against him, but I think it's ridiculous and it should stop.

BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Jordy... wrote:Whoever he is, he's a great guy, he sent me a key free of charge, and I hereby confirm he did so, without hesitation. I don't know why some people are on a which-hunt against him, but I think it's ridiculous and it should stop.

Thank you for confirming. Enjoy the game and I hope to see you online!
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 pm

AIRburst95 wrote:
BGP wrote:As of today (June 29th 2012) the BGP has decided to give away TEN (10) free copies (virgin brand new and unique authkey codes) to the first ten players of Defcon who currently does not have and/or can not afford a full version of the game. This giveaway is valid and will expire only when the first ten authkeys have already been handed out. This is for the digital online download copy on PC and not the boxed version nor steam. This is a first come first serve basis, based on eligibility : see below.

The rules are simple:

1. You must have - prior to today - already signed up and registered on this forums.introversion.co.uk with at LEAST a total post count of FIVE (5) or more posts. This is to prevent fraud, abuse or the same person creating new accounts to acquire all the keys. The only exception I am willing to make is if you have a facebook account with more than 50 "friends" and I can verify that... then that would also be a means of authentication and you would not need to have those five posts. But you would still need to create a new account on this forum to satisfy requirements #2 and #4 below.

2. You must post in this thread publicly, indicating that you would like a copy of Defcon and then you must send me a private message indicating whether you would like the key to be delivered to you via email (in which case I would need your email address - so please include that in your private message to me) or you could simply request that I send the code to you via the forum private message and no email would be required.

3. After I confirm you are interested, I will then - and only then - go on Defcon to purchase the code for you. I do not have these codes with me beforehand, I will have to buy them manually on Defcon. These will be brand new codes, never used, never authenticated before and obviously never shared with anyone.

4. Upon receipt of the code and successful authentication in-game (converting Demo to Full) all that I ask is that you publicly post back on here to confirm that you did indeed receive a new working code from me (BGP). And (OPTIONAL) also post the last NINE (9) characters of your authkey, your key ID (for identifying you in online server play, etc) and your preferred or predominate player/username online. If you do not post publicly announcing and confirming the receipt of the new code within 7 days I will post the entire code publicly online with your corresponding forum username and ask that Introversion invalidate that particular code.

If this "giveaway" is against any DEFCON rules please Defcon admins delete this post and informed me promptly. Thank you.

My thoughts exactly when I saw his in the lounge. To get to the bottom if this I'll now publicly state my interest
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm

zjoere wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

The rules are simple:

My thoughts exactly when I saw his in the lounge. To get to the bottom if this I'll now publicly state my interest

Are you not a demo player? I'm doing this to give people a chance to play Defcon who otherwise wouldn't have the full game. I'm not buying you a game just to prove a point just so you can get to the bottom of anything. If you are a demo player or really do need a key, Private Message me to let me know. (per the giveaway agreement above)
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 pm

I want my money back, everytime I load the game it asks me for the CD-key.. ridiculous..
Cuz fuck logic
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Jordy... wrote:I want my money back, everytime I load the game it asks me for the CD-key.. ridiculous..

That has never happened to me before. Make sure the authkey file in the Defcon folder is not set to read-only, otherwise it might revert to the DEMO key each time. You only need to copy/paste and authenticate the code one time. Windows Vista/7 has a nasty habit of extra "security" in program files directory so I usually just copy the whole folder to desktop. Make sure the whole directory and authkey is not set to read-only. As long as the authkey file (just a basic text file with one line of authkey code only and with file no extension) opens up with the full key and not the demo key then it should work fine. You might wanna check on that first. Also make sure you are updated to the newest client. Redownload and reinstall the demo from Defcon website if you have to, and then re-authenticate the code.

Also you can try this: Open up the authkey file with notepad and take a look at it. Make sure it is the same key that I gave you and not some strange demo key. After you confirm the right key is in the authkey file then set it to read-only so game doesn't change it back for some reason and then create a shortcut of defcon.exe to desktop. If it still has problems located the debug.txt and take a lot at that.
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 pm

zjoere wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

The rules are simple:

TSFHFH-******-******-QRQSPB-FWR has been purchased for you (zjoere) at 20:26:25 2012-06-30 zulu time (this is so I don't get any crazy members accusing me of sharing keys or already prepossess multiple keys, or "stealing keys", as the IV staff will be able to confirm based on the ending of the authkey and the timestamp that indeed BGP purchased this after zjoere expressed public interest in the "giveaway". )

zjoere, please check your Private Message for the FULL code. Please note this is for the PC downloadable version (not Steam) and you will not be receiving a boxed version.

As per "giveaway" agreement, you must post another public post CONFIRMING the receipt and successful Authentication of this code on or before 20:26:25 2012-07-07 or the key will become invalidated.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:30 am

ok so wait, you joined on the 16th, and now you want to pay for a key ID for 10 players? Why? Surely within just 14 days you couldn't have just decided to buy games for people. If this is just so you can play with more people on other game modes than 2v2 and 1v1 let me tell you, it gets old quick. Not that i'm saying it wouldn't be fun but you don't see many die hard diplo players out there.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:34 am

AIRburst95 wrote:ok so wait, you joined on the 16th, and now you want to pay for a key ID for 10 players? Why? Surely within just 14 days you couldn't have just decided to buy games for people. If this is just so you can play with more people on other game modes than 2v2 and 1v1 let me tell you, it gets old quick. Not that i'm saying it wouldn't be fun but you don't see many die hard diplo players out there.

Well, what he's doing is giving away the keyIDs he's been using to cheat with during 2v2s and Diplo matches. You can skim through the other thread on this matter.

It's even possible that he's cracked the key generation algorithm and is handing out (essentially) stolen keyIDs.
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 am

kudayta wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:ok so wait, you joined on the 16th, and now you want to pay for a key ID for 10 players? Why? Surely within just 14 days you couldn't have just decided to buy games for people. If this is just so you can play with more people on other game modes than 2v2 and 1v1 let me tell you, it gets old quick. Not that i'm saying it wouldn't be fun but you don't see many die hard diplo players out there.

Well, what he's doing is giving away the keyIDs he's been using to cheat with during 2v2s and Diplo matches. You can skim through the other thread on this matter.

It's even possible that he's cracked the key generation algorithm and is handing out (essentially) stolen keyIDs.

Oh my. You give me too much credit. Introversion knows the truth.
keyID = 436060 apollo13@lavabit.com

Return to “General”