BGP to give away ten free copies of Defcon to demo players

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
BGP
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

BGP to give away ten free copies of Defcon to demo players

Postby BGP » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:30 pm

As of today (June 29th 2012) the BGP has decided to give away TEN (10) free copies (virgin brand new and unique authkey codes) to the first ten players of Defcon who currently does not have and/or can not afford a full version of the game. This giveaway is valid and will expire only when the first ten authkeys have already been handed out. This is for the digital online download copy on PC and not the boxed version nor steam. This is a first come first serve basis, based on eligibility : see below.

The rules are simple:

1. You must have - prior to today - already signed up and registered on this forums.introversion.co.uk with at LEAST a total post count of FIVE (5) or more posts. This is to prevent fraud, abuse or the same person creating new accounts to acquire all the keys. The only exception I am willing to make is if you have a facebook account with more than 50 "friends" and I can verify that... then that would also be a means of authentication and you would not need to have those five posts. But you would still need to create a new account on this forum to satisfy requirements #2 and #4 below.

2. You must post in this thread publicly, indicating that you would like a copy of Defcon and then you must send me a private message indicating whether you would like the key to be delivered to you via email (in which case I would need your email address - so please include that in your private message to me) or you could simply request that I send the code to you via the forum private message and no email would be required.

3. After I confirm you are interested, I will then - and only then - go on Defcon to purchase the code for you. I do not have these codes with me beforehand, I will have to buy them manually on Defcon. These will be brand new codes, never used, never authenticated before and obviously never shared with anyone.

4. Upon receipt of the code and successful authentication in-game (converting Demo to Full) all that I ask is that you publicly post back on here to confirm that you did indeed receive a new working code from me (BGP). And (OPTIONAL) also post the last NINE (9) characters of your authkey, your key ID (for identifying you in online server play, etc) and your preferred or predominate player/username online. If you do not post publicly announcing and confirming the receipt of the new code within 7 days I will post the entire code publicly online with your corresponding forum username and ask that Introversion invalidate that particular code.


If this "giveaway" is against any DEFCON rules please Defcon admins delete this post and informed me promptly. Thank you.


------

Status: FOUR free games given away, SIX games left to give away.


IBKVZO-******-******-STVHGN-JSE has been purchased brand-new for forum user (Jordy) at 15:35:37 2012-06-30 zulu time
Jordy... wrote:Whoever he is, he's a great guy, he sent me a key free of charge, and I hereby confirm he did so, without hesitation. I don't know why some people are on a which-hunt against him, but I think it's ridiculous and it should stop.




TSFHFH-******-******-QRQSPB-FWR has been purchased brand-new for forum user (zjoere) at 20:26:25 2012-06-30 zulu time

zjoere wrote:I got the key and it seems to be working. Soon i'll be pulling indian stars and shinybonsai's like old times. (those two are still a thing right?)




TBTXPO-******-******-HEAZJF-OLE has been purchased brand-new for forum user (Justicer2010) at 04:12:14 2012-07-05 zulu time
New user validated via facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Justicer2010 wrote:I did indeed receive a code from BGP in my inbox and it did work if anyone wants proof i can post a screen shot. Also thanks BGP ;D .



MCLVIF-******-******-KRCUIM-AXT has been purchased brand-new for forum user (namj13) at 00:52:02 2012-07-06 zulu time
New user validated via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 76af64b924

namj13 wrote:This message is confirmation of receiving a working key from user: BGP.
Last edited by BGP on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 14 times in total.
User avatar
TGR
level3
level3
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:34 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby TGR » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:35 am

Kinda lends credence to the theory that you play in games using multiple accounts.
User avatar
BGP
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:39 am

TGR wrote:Kinda lends credence to the theory that you play in games using multiple accounts.


It lends credence to nothing. I only have one key, I only play with one account, and I only use one username. As I have already said here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=3249 this is not about "saving face" or "lending credence" or anything else. There is a dearth of online players and the trend is disturbing. Diplomacy is only as fun as the sum of all the players and Defcon is very much a multiplayer type of strategy game. Unlike Chess, playing against the AI is not very fun. As a member of this community I want to do my part and give back and help give the community a boost by bringing in new members.

I had suspected that some members would bring up the whole multiple accounts issue, but the fact of the matter is, I only have one account. I was very careful to specify and clarify that these "ten" copies would only be purchased as the requests come in.

3. After I confirm you are interested, I will then - and only then - go on Defcon to purchase the code for you. I do not have these codes with me beforehand, I will have to buy them manually on Defcon. These will be brand new codes, never used, never authenticated before and obviously never shared with anyone.
User avatar
TGR
level3
level3
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:34 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby TGR » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 am

BGP wrote:
TGR wrote:Kinda lends credence to the theory that you play in games using multiple accounts.


It lends credence to nothing. I only have one key, I only play with one account, and I only use one username. As I have already said here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=3249 this is not about "saving face" or "lending credence" or anything else. There is a dearth of online players and the trend is disturbing. Diplomacy is only as fun as the sum of all the players and Defcon is very much a multiplayer type of strategy game. Unlike Chess, playing against the AI is not very fun. As a member of this community I want to do my part and give back and help give the community a boost by bringing in new members.

I had suspected that some members would bring up the whole multiple accounts issue, but the fact of the matter is, I only have one account. I was very careful to specify and clarify that these "ten" copies would only be purchased as the requests come in.

3. After I confirm you are interested, I will then - and only then - go on Defcon to purchase the code for you. I do not have these codes with me beforehand, I will have to buy them manually on Defcon. These will be brand new codes, never used, never authenticated before and obviously never shared with anyone.



mmmmkay.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 am

I'm publicly interested.
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Postby kudayta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 am

Jordy... wrote:I'm publicly interested.


You'd be collaborating with a known cheater Jordy. You may suffer from some collateral damage if you were to engage in a transaction with this guy.
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:06 pm

I don't think he would, since BGP is not a cheater according to Steam rules.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Postby kudayta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Laika_rus wrote:I don't think he would, since BGP is not a cheater according to Steam rules.


I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the rules you're referring to. Could you point me in the right direction?
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Quote from Steam Subscriber Agreement:

5. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct, other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use required by third parties who host particular games or other services.

Steam and the Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Software, other Valve products, or modifications thereof ("Cheats"). You agree that you will not create or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Software. Further, you acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to other online multiplayer hosts for Valve products. Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.



I think it is debatable if he is a cheater since BGP has not rigged game mechanics using third party software. But I guess he can be still accused according to this:

Your online conduct and interaction with other subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette.


and this:

Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for ... negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers


Since definition of those terms is quite vague, strong evidence and request made up by several users may be required for ban.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Postby kudayta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:30 pm

From here:

Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.

I believe his simultaneous use of multiple keyIDs to gain a competitive advantage clearly violates Steam's TOS.

All of this could be moot however, I don't know if he's using Steam or not.
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

If his keyIDs don't change for long periods of time, it's unlikely that he is on Steam. Receiving keys from this givaway would be safe, then.
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Postby kudayta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Laika_rus wrote:If his keyIDs don't change for long periods of time, it's unlikely that he is on Steam. Receiving keys from this givaway would be safe, then.


Financially, of course, he's in no danger. But Jordy would be nonetheless mixed up in this sordid affair, and his reputation could be damaged. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Furthermore, given this clown's behavior, the keys themselves could be stolen. Jordy could be (depending on the laws where he resides) engaging in a criminal act. I'd really rather not see that happen.

My advice Jordy, don't engage in any sort of transaction with this guy. It's way too fishy.
User avatar
BGP
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Jordy... wrote:I'm publicly interested.



******-******-******-STVHGN-JSE has been purchased for you (Jordy) at 15:35:37 2012-06-30 zulu time (this is so I don't get any crazy members accusing me of sharing keys or already prepossess multiple keys, or "stealing keys", as the IV staff will be able to confirm based on the ending of the authkey and the timestamp that indeed BGP purchased this after Jordy expressed public interest in the "giveaway". )

Jordy, please check your Private Message for the FULL code. Please note this is for the PC downloadable version (not Steam) and you will not be receiving a boxed version.

As per "giveaway" agreement, you must post another public post CONFIRMING the receipt and successful Authentication of this code on or before 15:35:37 2012-07-07 or the key will become invalidated.
Last edited by BGP on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
BGP
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm

kudayta wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:If his keyIDs don't change for long periods of time, it's unlikely that he is on Steam. Receiving keys from this givaway would be safe, then.


Financially, of course, he's in no danger. But Jordy would be nonetheless mixed up in this sordid affair, and his reputation could be damaged. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Furthermore, given this clown's behavior, the keys themselves could be stolen. Jordy could be (depending on the laws where he resides) engaging in a criminal act. I'd really rather not see that happen.

My advice Jordy, don't engage in any sort of transaction with this guy. It's way too fishy.


Well let IV be the judge of that okay? They can easily search via the authkey and timestamps on their payment processing backend and confirm that these are virgin keys just now purchased by me. But I'm not surprised you would stoop this low in your attempts at character assassination and smear campaigning. Obviously you've had a clear agenda from the very beginning. If I'm lying, IV can call my bluff and I'll suffer the consequences, there is no need for your wild conjectures motivated entirely by ill intentions and personal vendettas. It is all too obvious what you are really after here. In fact I'm a honest man with integrity, but then again you already knew that, hence you have to resort to lowly tactics like this to justify yourself.
User avatar
BGP
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 pm

kudayta wrote:From here:

Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.

I believe his simultaneous use of multiple keyIDs to gain a competitive advantage clearly violates Steam's TOS.

All of this could be moot however, I don't know if he's using Steam or not.



I've never played on Steam and I'm not offering to give away Steam copies. Regardless of whether or not you believe I have cheated, this Steam TOS thing is totally and completely irrelevant.

-----
Nevertheless, even if I was on Steam (which I am not) you would still need to define what constituents a "false identity". I have created no "false identities" and nor have I intended to purposefully "mislead others". There are no provisions in the Steam TOS that delineate or enumerate consequences for "gain[ing] a competitive advantage". And there is nothing in Steam's TOS that forbids associating with a player who is alleged or accused of violating the Steam TOS. You are correct however in admitting that your whole point is moot, as I am not on Steam nor are my giveaway copies in any way associated with Steam.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests