Game is becomimg a drag. I'm strongly considering quitting!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

Game is becomimg a drag. I'm strongly considering quitting!

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Based on the abuse i'm recieving, its near impossible to enjoy this game any more. I know I suck at this but thats no reason for all the vultures to have a field day. I just play for fun not a career oppurtunity, Now iam recieving a combination of insults and condecending unsolicited advise from all quarters, people read it, and then everyone assumes i'm a huge inferior player (despite the fact that I have actually beaten many good players from time to time) then the insults increase! I need people to back off whatever their motive is, or i will stop playing this game just as i'm certain many other players have over the years! I have never seen such a pack of reprobates in my life! People need to grow up!!!!It would not surprize me in the least if some of these jerk off haters use this as an excuse to further the immaturity, when they do they will just be making further asses of themselves for all to see. But this is my opinion and if you dont like it...TOUGH!!!!
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 pm

dear Tom!

you are part of this community since a long time and i played often against you.
maybe somewhen in the past you won some games.
you are a special person here cause you insist in your own way and in your style and that make you maybe on the place you find you know.

some here can hardly understand why you dont adapt your style to be more good cause we all see what you good in and in which you have some trouble.
i hope you win against hooru :mrgreen:

its good to have one like you here that my opinion.
but if you feel its time to move to find some other to find some new then its time
cause its the way of life to go and find new land

or?

greetings
the lady
:D
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

Thank You for the kind words

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I really appreciate that. You are also a good person and there are many i enjoy playing, But i'm not a conformist, I have always been more of a leader then the typical sheep/followers often displayed on this game. My rugged individuality is part of my fun playing. For me to take advise would mean that I actually have to respect someone first & very few have earned my respect, plus i'm educated enough to know the difference between thoughtful concern and malice!
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 pm

This thread lacks some Dschinghis Khan ! http://z0r.de/653
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

lol

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Laika_rus wrote:This thread lacks some Dschinghis Khan ! http://z0r.de/653
The whole forum seems to lack it! :)
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Wed May 09, 2012 12:59 am

Dear Tommy,
just ignore them! I accept, who you are. BUT: You need more patience! :wink:
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 am

DO NOT LEAVE TOM!
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 am

Wow, a little over the top Tom. This is the internet and Defcon is a game and the players are gamers, Treat them as such.

Reprobates, vultures, jerk off haters, immaturity (needs to grow up) are the only real insults I have read. The rest is just competitive gab from the community. Which your blowing out of proportion just a little.
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 am

@tom

i think it's just because people expect a certain kind of thing. people expect some sort of certain consistency from players, which is simply not how you play, so when you win against a very good player and then get thrashed the second game, people think "beginner's luck" and reputation declines.

To be honest, you are somewhat of a closed-door player. You try many different strategies, and it's what makes you such a fun player to play, but it's hard to judge if you are truly learning from your mistakes because you usually simply change your strategy, versus improving on the same strategy. It's simply not a reaction people expect, and people look down on it. In the end you have more fun with each individual game, but you perhaps learn a little less each game. No problems here!

Honestly i think 50% of the negativity other people have regarding you is because you do play on speed 3. Realize that for most players, playing on this speed is often an intimidation tactic and is used to run them out of budget.

dont leave!!!!! :)))))))))))))))
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

first

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 am

sfericz wrote:Wow, a little over the top Tom. This is the internet and Defcon is a game and the players are gamers, Treat them as such.

Reprobates, vultures, jerk off haters, immaturity (needs to grow up) are the only real insults I have read. The rest is just competitive gab from the community. Which your blowing out of proportion just a little.
The things I just mentioned are not insults because they are not specific directed toward a person like have been leveled at me. And if you honestly have not read insults toward me then you are either blind or ignorant and I dont think you are either, Either way this is my opinion and your not going to change it, especially if your just going to be an appologist for the actions of others i mentioned! There is no justification for that BS so give it up!
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

Thanks

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 am

Nukraine wrote:@tom

i think it's just because people expect a certain kind of thing. people expect some sort of certain consistency from players, which is simply not how you play, so when you win against a very good player and then get thrashed the second game, people think "beginner's luck" and reputation declines.

To be honest, you are somewhat of a closed-door player. You try many different strategies, and it's what makes you such a fun player to play, but it's hard to judge if you are truly learning from your mistakes because you usually simply change your strategy, versus improving on the same strategy. It's simply not a reaction people expect, and people look down on it. In the end you have more fun with each individual game, but you perhaps learn a little less each game. No problems here!

Honestly i think 50% of the negativity other people have regarding you is because you do play on speed 3. Realize that for most players, playing on this speed is often an intimidation tactic and is used to run them out of budget.

dont leave!!!!! :)))))))))))))))
Thanks for that bud. Remember though that through history the greatest inventors, innovators, leaders and others were the ones that were a little different then the flock, (the sheep) they were the origional ones that did thier own thinking instead of a boring conventional carbon copy! :)
GHOSTofTOMBUSCH
level0

Postby GHOSTofTOMBUSCH » Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 am

Wooooooooooooooooo!

I could spare you all the suspense and tell you if I end up quitting, but you sad spirits, locked away in your organic husks until your day of liberation, have not earned the privilege of knowing.

What I will tell you is that in the world beyond, I am busy kicking all your asses, daily. Must go beat up the Ghost of Rimmer now!
sfericz
level5
level5

Re: first

Postby sfericz » Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 am

TOM BUSCH-US wrote:
sfericz wrote:Wow, a little over the top Tom. This is the internet and Defcon is a game and the players are gamers, Treat them as such.

The things I just mentioned are not insults because they are not specific directed toward a person like have been leveled at me. And if you honestly have not read insults toward me then you are either blind or ignorant and I dont think you are either, Either way this is my opinion and your not going to change it, especially if your just going to be an appologist for the actions of others i mentioned! There is no justification for that BS so give it up!

If I missed some out right insult to you, I'm sorry. But regardless, you shouldn't let it be bothering you like this. You should never let someone from a gaming forum ruin your gaming. Nor should you let any person's actions keep you from a game you like to play. I'm not condoning anyone's actions here. I'm telling you it could be handle differnetly by you.
k-dawg
level2
level2

Postby k-dawg » Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 am

i really hope you don't think im being a dick with my score-card - if you wish for me to stop keeping track of your matches with hooru i will do so. . . i don't think i've bad-mouthed you once. (i could be mistaken on that though) [[i've even said you'll beat him soon!]]

hope you stick around. its always fun to have a round at super speed. keeps me on my toes for when im playing mr. turtle (byron)

thats about all i can say. hope you stay with us!
Sound design for games, interested?
sounds.kantouth@gmail.com

- South America
- K-Dawg
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

Although

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Wed May 09, 2012 5:02 am

Few of you have the big target on your back as i have (the evidence is available all over this forum) I can understand how some could relate personally or understand what this rather large influx of negativity feels like, after all I play this game to relax, sort of defeats the purpose. Just asking for certain people to calm down the RPMs a little so that we can all enjoy the game the way it was origionally intended. I dont think thats very hard to understand or shouldnt be, at least for anyone with an IQ of 10 or higher:)

Return to “General”